Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best Benny Hill sketches

Teach me! I want to learn about Benny.

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012

When I was 5 or 6 yrs old, I was obsessed with Benny Hill.

His 1/2 hour show used to come on wereknights at 11pm back in the early 80s here in Richmond, VA.

I loved "Wonder Gran."

by Anonymousreply 111/14/2012

News Flash!

by Anonymousreply 211/14/2012

It really is humor from a different time, but I love it.

by Anonymousreply 311/14/2012

God, I used to watch this religiously growing up. Keep this thread alive!

by Anonymousreply 411/14/2012

I used to watch him in the early 80's on USA and that gay British comedian that sadly died of AIDS years ago.

by Anonymousreply 511/14/2012

I love his parody of the Terrance Stamp film 'The Collector', where he's the kept man of an old lady. There's a great sexually charged Scrabble scene then his younger replacement who wants twelve cubes of sugar in his tea.

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

I like the scene where he is being chased in his underwear by a crowd of women in their underwear to kazoo music.... oh wait, that's the whole stupid fucking show.

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

I like many sketches.

A sketch about fashion with Mary Quant and others at a dinner table, including a drunk and belligerent Benny. She asks viewers:

"Would you like to see your wife in something long and flowing?"

A drunk Benny replies: "Yes, a river."

Then there's a sketch making fun of the southern US. Benny plays a precocious southern belle and arrives late at her mother's place. The mother asks

"Child, where have you been all this time?"

" Mama, mama, mama, a strange man followed me all the way home." Benny says breathlessly.

"So how did that make you late?"

"He wasn't walking very fast."

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

What's that in the road? A head?

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

Or the greasy spoon where the customer changes his soup order and the waitress yells out "Hold the chicken and make it pea!"

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

The one where his character is lying next to his wife in bed. He gives her a contemptuous look and says, "Good night, mother of seven!" She sneers and says, "Good night, father of six!"

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

Did you know that Jane Leeves (from Frasier and Hot In Cleveland) appeared in Benny Hill back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 1211/16/2012

Fremantle International is blocking a lot of the good ones on YouTube, including two of my favorites:

* The one with Benny as an old lady giving unintentionally racy answers to a remote TV interviewer's questions due to a sound delay.

* "Who's Afraid of Virgin Wool?" starring Benny playing an ample Liz-as-Martha.

by Anonymousreply 1311/16/2012

fucking hate benny hill... i bet if he was alive the police would be interviewing him along with dave lee travis, freddie starr and garry glitter..

pervert..

by Anonymousreply 1411/16/2012

He was marvelous. I loved his shows.

by Anonymousreply 1511/16/2012

The Virgin Wool sketch is up here.

by Anonymousreply 1611/16/2012

R14, you express my sentiments exactly.

I never could stand Benny Hill. I'd hear that weird kazoo music (or whatever the fuck it was) and rush to turn off the tv or change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 1711/16/2012

thanks r16

by Anonymousreply 1811/16/2012

R14 and R17 are dumb, humorless twats.

The music frequently heard on Benny Hill was "Yakety Sax" and the instument heard in it is a saxophone, not a kazoo, dummy.

Benny Hill was bawdy British humor, certainly not sophisticated, but frequently quite funny.

Hill was something of a loner, unlucky in love (supposedly he proposed to three women in his lifetime and they all turned him down). But there is no evidence to suggest that Benny Hill was a "pervert." I guess the genius at R14 thinks that he really WAS his comic persona.

by Anonymousreply 1911/16/2012

r19 no fucktard.. i just did not think he was funny...

by Anonymousreply 2011/16/2012

Like the straight version of old school Dataloungers

by Anonymousreply 2111/16/2012

"an old lady giving unintentionally racy answers to a remote TV interviewer's questions"

That is, by far, my favorite moment from Benny Hill.

"Well I don't get it as often as I used to."

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

There is a sketch that is supposed to be a serious scene, and he is wearing leather pants and a leather jacket, and sitting on a leather couch. The noises drown out all the dialogue. As kids it had us rolling, because of course we thought of farts.

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

I always looked forward to the chase at the end of every show.

by Anonymousreply 2411/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.