Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Yet Another Skin Care Question!

No one knows good skin care products like DL, so...

What is a good daily cleanser for someone with dry skin? I'm using Kiehl's facial fuel right now because it was...gifted to me.

Also, for dry skin should I use an exfoliater? If so, how often?

(Yes, I moisturize like a mad man)

And do those eye balms really work?????

by Brand New Queenreply 1801/05/2015

As Estee Lauder said, it's all just "hope in a jar."

by Brand New Queenreply 111/13/2012

Cetaphil is an awesome every day face wash. Very gentle, doesn't disrupt pH.

If you exfoliate (which you should), do the occasional glycolic or lactic acid from MUAC ( Do NOT use an abrasive scrub, it causes micro-tears!

Start using a good vitamin C serum in the morning (Jansen Beckett runs 50% promotions if you sign up), and there serum is every bit as good Skinceuticals or PTR.

Use retin-a/tretinoin at 3x a week at night. You can get it without a prescription.

by Brand New Queenreply 211/13/2012

Cetaphil and its users are TRASH.

by Brand New Queenreply 311/13/2012

My dermatologist recommends CereVa, both the face wash and moisturizer.

by Brand New Queenreply 411/13/2012

Pine Sol.

by Brand New Queenreply 511/13/2012

"because it was given to me."

"gift" is NOT a verb.

by Brand New Queenreply 611/13/2012

fuck you, R6

by Brand New Queenreply 711/13/2012

R2, what about Dermatologica's Daiy Microfoliant?

Does that count as an abrasive scrub? Because I'm addicted to it.

P.S. Are you Skinwoman?

by Brand New Queenreply 811/13/2012

Im a guy.

by Brand New Queenreply 911/14/2012

OK, R2 - but what's your opinion of Dermatologica's Microfoliant?

by Brand New Queenreply 1011/14/2012

Meant to add, TIA. Didn't mean to be a peremptory bitch about it. It's just that you've freaked me out with the 'microtears' thing.

by Brand New Queenreply 1111/14/2012

I just started on retina-a. My skin is flaky and irritated. This should subside after more long term use from what I've read.

Anyone on this for wrinkles? Did it work? I have fine lines developing under one eye that appear when I smile.

by Brand New Queenreply 1203/25/2013

What about those little rolling pricky things?

by Brand New Queenreply 1303/25/2013

I have a hair question. I know a 63-year-old woman with stringy hair, growing out a perm frizzy at the ends. It's shoulder length. Since she's kind of jowly, she wants me to suggest hair and makeup tips too. I don't have that gay gene. Any suggestions? I think she should make up her eyes, dye her hair, and do some kind of updo.

by Brand New Queenreply 1403/25/2013

Bumping this thread - I noticed someone mentioned MUAC above - is this a trusted site on DL meaning its products are real? I was skimming through Amazon which has all these oddly similar brands for serums like Vitamin C. These are all scams, yes?

For example, the one brand which is highly rated over there is Oz Naturals which sells a 1oz 20% vitamin c serum for $21. On MUAC, a similar size is $56.

by Brand New Queenreply 1501/05/2015

Thank you R6. We can not let "gifted" go uncommented. Really, OP, have you no shame?

by Brand New Queenreply 1601/05/2015

I use Dr. Gross' Active Vitamin D Serum-Oil. Just a few drops for face. Put on more generously on neck. Very emollient and helps with the beginnings of rings and crepey skin on neck.

I get it on Amazon for about half the price on Dr. Gross' site.

by Brand New Queenreply 1701/05/2015

I wish you guys would put up pictures so I’d know who to avoid on Grindr...otherwise your puffy skin is indistinguishable from the real silly vain and gullible queens

by Brand New Queenreply 1801/05/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!