Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janeane Garofalo files for divorce after 20 years of marriage.

Actress/comedian Janeane Garofalo has filed for divorce from Rob Cohen, a producer on the Big Bang Theory.

After 20 years of marriage, she is ready to embrace the single life.

20 years is a long time, in Hollywood standards. Too bad they couldn't work it out.

by Anonymousreply 2211/14/2012

I think this is just an official break-up. I remember reading they got married on a whim in Vegas, but broke up shortly after, and never bothered to file for divorce. She's been with someone else for about ten years now.

I know she has a lot of haters, and her politics can be a bit of a turn-off, but her stand-up is great, and her most recent special is one of the best I've seen in a while.

by Anonymousreply 211/13/2012

I had no idea she was even married.

by Anonymousreply 311/13/2012

Me neither. Her politics are fine. If she's "our Ann Coulter" I'll take Janeane any day.

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2012

Hope she gets a great settlement from the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2012

Married?! Thought she was single and liked the lady ham.

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2012

Late-in-life Lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 711/13/2012

She didn't know she was married.

by Anonymousreply 811/13/2012

Maybe that is why she is getting divorced, Late-in-life Lesbian

by Anonymousreply 911/13/2012

She is entitled to half of everything he owns.

I would go after it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/13/2012

Something ain't right about this story. Wouldn't it have come up for tax reasons? Or some other reason?

How could they BOTH completely forget the whole thing? They were that drunk? No certificate of marriage that they found the next day that made them realize they got married?

Sounds like a PR stunt.

by Anonymousreply 1111/13/2012

I had no idea she was even dating someone, much less married.

by Anonymousreply 1211/13/2012

Strange this is news today, not only because of the 20 year wait to file, but because I hadn't thought of her in ages until I saw her on a rerun of King of Queens last night.

I can take her in small doses. Like a 30 minute sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 1311/13/2012

They didn't literally forget about the marriage, but they did split up quickly and have been leading separate lives for most of their "marriage." Janeane brought it up on her Air America radio show, so no it's not like she'd completely forgotten about it. I have no idea why there was such a delay in divorcing, general flakiness on both their parts I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1411/13/2012

I didn't even know she's married.

by Anonymousreply 1511/13/2012

r1, for the longest time she kept me way in the closet!!

by Anonymousreply 1611/13/2012

I've always liked her, her politics don't bother me. I agree with many of her views.

In all these years, I had no idea she was married.

by Anonymousreply 1711/13/2012

Long ago, she mentioned her marriage in her standup act. She said how she'd married a friend at a Vegas drive-thru chapel, and had no idea whether it was legally valid.

I'm amazed they've let it slide this long. It's the ultimate show of indifference.

by Anonymousreply 1811/14/2012

So why isn't she asking for spousal support. Under California law she is entitled to half of everything he owns.

She should take him to the cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 1911/14/2012

Yeah, what about taxes? There is no way they are filing together.

by Anonymousreply 2011/14/2012

If they were filing single, wouldn't they have been paying more than if married and filing jointly? Sounds like a non-issue. If necessary, all they'd have to do is refile for that one year with changed status.

by Anonymousreply 2111/14/2012

"So why isn't she asking for spousal support. Under California law she is entitled to half of everything he owns."

If they really never lived as husband and wife, his lawyers would have no trouble convincing a judge that the marriage was not legally valid, and community property laws don't apply.

by Anonymousreply 2211/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.