Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Seriously Madge?

Had tickets to Madonna's 'concert' last night- Sadly, I don't have a car & driver and have to get to work in the morning. She deigned to go on at 1045pm... (ticket had an 8 o'clock start time)... At 1130p, i had to go to get one of last trains to the suburbs (yes, i live in the suburbs, i'm pathetic)

Who starts a concert at 1045pm? A show at a club, maybe, but in all my years of seeing her at MSG, never was it that late, and never has any artist come close to doing a 'mass-market' concert at such a late hour.

Its all about her, and she will never get a dime from me for concerts or albums. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 14412/02/2012

I didn't go to her Houston appearances, but friends told me she took the stage around 10:45 - 11:00 here as well.

by Anonymousreply 111/13/2012

She hasn't come onstage before 1030 at any date in the US. Don't act like you didn't know this going in.

by Anonymousreply 211/13/2012

But how long did the show last?

I hope it was well over 2 hours for that price.

by Anonymousreply 311/13/2012

r2- I saw her in 2001 and 2005 and she didn't on stage that late- Why, for this tour, is she insisting on it?

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2012

Here in Kansas City, show started at 10:30. Didn't go but I read in one article that she starts her show several hours late. Also that she didn't sing much of her older stuff.

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2012

Don't know why she is doing that, considering her average fan is now age 45 and starts yawning at 10pm.

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2012

WTF are audiences supposed to do when she lies about showtime? Stand around? Buy more merchandise? Take their Metamucil?

by Anonymousreply 711/13/2012

When she was on Ellen a couple of weeks ago she mentioned that she doesn't like to start her concerts until very late. She said it like she thought it was a cute personality quirk.

by Anonymousreply 811/13/2012

Be kind. Don't blame this historically important figure for needing a lot of time to get herself together, just because you have issues with transportation and schedule. It's a miracle she can still go on and give all she has left. And, as you know, you can't have miracles on demand.

I do tend and try to start on time, but that's another thing altogether, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 911/13/2012

[quote]I saw her in 2001 and 2005 and she didn't on stage that late- Why, for this tour, is she insisting on it?

It takes a while to screw on the various prosthetics.

by Anonymousreply 1111/13/2012

Sounds like you didn't plan very well, she's notorious for going on late.

by Anonymousreply 1211/13/2012

You can really tell the age of Madonna fans when 10:45 pm is late.

by Anonymousreply 1311/13/2012

I'm sure she's hoping most will get up and leave so she doesn't have to expend much energy "performing".

by Anonymousreply 1411/13/2012

I saw her three times and she had no opening act. Of course I've skipped the last two because I think she gets off on torturing the people who still consider themselves fans.

by Anonymousreply 1511/13/2012

Request a refund. You shouldn't have to look at a performer's history of concerts to find out when they usually take the stage. If the ticket says 8, then it should be around 8, give or take half and hour, more for unexpected emergencies.

I know how you feel, was at US Open and wanted to watch a match until it's finish, but had to leave to catch the last bus. It wasn't their fault, the previous matches ran long. In this case, all she had to do was put down a 10:30 start time to accomodate fans.

by Anonymousreply 1611/13/2012

But she already got her dime didn't she OP?

by Anonymousreply 1711/13/2012

Dispute the ticket purchase with your credit card company and yank that money straight the fuck back out of Madge's back pocket!

by Anonymousreply 1811/13/2012

OP this is what you missed had you not left early

by Anonymousreply 1911/13/2012

this is why i love datalounge- i'm totally getting a refund!!

xxoo

by Anonymousreply 2011/13/2012

No opening act? What the hell does she expect people to do for two and half hours? Beyond rude.

by Anonymousreply 2211/13/2012

Its already well known that she hits the stage at that time. Most don't start getting to their seats until 10:25-10:30, since they know the deal.

by Anonymousreply 2311/13/2012

She comes out two and half hours after her start time. Talk about taking advantage of her fans.

by Anonymousreply 2411/13/2012

I've seen a few big acts skip the opening act, Prince for one.

Even with an opening act, that usually runs 30-40 minutes, then 30-40 minutes to set up for the headliner. That means a start time of about 9:30 usually. Plus many venues start charging a lot more money if you run over midnight, and I've seen plenty of acts rush to get done before that time.

It's just plain rude to start that late. The only time I've ever seen that is with complete fuck-ups, like Axl Rose.

by Anonymousreply 2511/13/2012

You know she would be pissed off as hell if someone stood her up for two hours. It goes both ways bitch!

by Anonymousreply 2611/13/2012

So, how much did you pay for 45 minutes of music, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2811/13/2012

Moron at R28, it's been said already that she plays for 2 hours. 10:30-12:30 or so.

by Anonymousreply 3011/13/2012

1) she channelling Axel Rose

2) she takes a long ass nap in the afternoon

3) she doesn't give a shit about her fans

4) she wants to sell a lot of merchandise

by Anonymousreply 3111/13/2012

R29 = Vadge

by Anonymousreply 3211/13/2012

[quote]OP get a real job bitch one that pays some money or stay home and shut the fuck up

Granny cunt is among us posting anon

by Anonymousreply 3311/13/2012

Is she still dating that yummy cro magnon Brahim Zaibat? Haven't heard much about him lately.

by Anonymousreply 3411/13/2012

Better see her know before she breaks a hip or something. I really can't see how she would be able to put on the same kind of shows anymore the next time around.. she will be pushing 60.

by Anonymousreply 3511/14/2012

now

by Anonymousreply 3611/14/2012

When it does finally start, it's like a Satantic black illuminati mass. Ugh. Worst concert ever. And her pitchiness makes my ears bleed.

by Anonymousreply 3711/14/2012

Delayed by the hour "you'll drink me in only when I'm good and ready" selfish diva cuntery drives me nuts. Your audience are your guests: not your slaves. It's beyond selfish.

by Anonymousreply 3811/14/2012

When I saw her in 2008 for Sticky and Sweet, she didn't start until 9:30 or so. I'm surprised she's even later this time around, but it is well known by now.

I have a few friends that are going to her concert here in Atlanta on Saturday. I wasn't all that impressed by what I saw from footage on YouTube and I didn't have the money, so I guess I'll be there in spirit.

by Anonymousreply 3911/14/2012

[quote]Moron at [R28], it's been said already that she plays for 2 hours. 10:30-12:30 or so.

OP said the concert started at 10:45 and he had to leave at 11:30. So, he heard 45 minutes of music. My question was, how much did those 45 minutes cost him?

Maybe you should think before calling someone a moron, moron.

by Anonymousreply 4011/14/2012

How many more times are Vadge fans going to get burnt by her before they stop supporting her? I've read a lot of complaints such as the OP's, yet people STILL support and put up with this cunt's antics. WHY? It's not like she has any talent to make up for her rude behavior. I swear, Vadge fans are some of the dumbest people ever to be born. They literally allow someone to steal out of their pocket again and again.

by Anonymousreply 4111/14/2012

This woman is a joke and such a scam artist. Her fans are idiots and at this point in time, if they haven't already figured out she is a horrible old cunt with no respect for her fans, they deserve to get ripped off by eher.

by Anonymousreply 4211/14/2012

Tweet Guy Oseary and complain. He may try to get her to start closer to the stated time if he knows enough people are complaining. Direct him to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4311/14/2012

I saw her Drowned World, Re-Invention & Confessions tours but refuse to see anymore of them. I think it was during Confessions she started that late shit. I remember Re-Invention started around 8:45pm and people were getting antsy with that 45 minute wait. Can't imagine sitting for 2 1/2 hours.

I also won't see her anymore with that no air-conditioning shit she pulls now. 50,000 people in an enclosed space gets pretty fucking sweltering.

No thanks, I'll remember her being fun those previous tours. DW was fun becuse it was my first time seeing her, Re-Invention was awesome because she played a great mix of her old and new hits and Confessions was a terrific album. These last 2 tours have just seemed shitty.

by Anonymousreply 4411/14/2012

I have never seen Madonna in concert and don't think I would want to now. I did see Rihanna in Birmingham, UK a couple of years ago. She was scheduled to start at 8.30 p.m. but was about an hour late taking the stage. The audience started to get pissed off. First they were chanting her name, then they started to stamp their feet and boo. She was not long taking the stage then.

Rihanna was very good but she did seem to rush through the second half of her act. In Birmingham they have a curfew and they will pull the plug at 11.00 p.m. if the concert is not finished.

by Anonymousreply 4511/14/2012

Time for the glue factory.

by Anonymousreply 4611/14/2012

This must be the first time you have gone to a concert of hers in the last, oh, thirty years. I have gone to countless Madonna shows, she always goes on late, its expected and tollerated.

by Anonymousreply 4711/14/2012

Why so many gay men have ever bothered with this talent-free hag is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 4811/14/2012

I don't give a fuck if she's on time or not, for $300/ticket she can go fuck herself something royal.

by Anonymousreply 4911/14/2012

[quote]This must be the first time you have gone to a concert of hers in the last, oh, thirty years. I have gone to countless Madonna shows, she always goes on late, its expected and tollerated.

I've seen her at Radio City Music Hall, Nassau Coliseum and Madison Square Garden five times throughout the 80's and 90's and she went on time everytime.

Wonder what ws said between Rosie and Kelly Ripa who met during the three hour wait this week. Rosie tweeted...

Kelly Ripa - the girl can hold a grudge ... #madonnaMSG

by Anonymousreply 5011/14/2012

I just figure it takes the old bitch extra time to varnish, tuck, lift, tape, sandpaper, and weld everything into place, not that it makes that much difference in her appearance. I would imagine her dressing room after a concert to look like Mrs. Doubtfire removing all the rubber and padding.

But seriously, who does that motherfucker think she is? For $300 you can start the show on time, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5111/14/2012

WTF, $300 for this no-talent, overrated hag? *And* she starts the show two hours late? Jesus, do the other gay icon divas do the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 5211/14/2012

...and yet everybody keeps commenting while she's raking in the dough

by Anonymousreply 5311/14/2012

Kelly was very hurt when Rosie labeled her a homophobe for the Clay Aiken thing. She's probably still pissed about it and snubbed Rosie at the concert.

by Anonymousreply 5411/14/2012

Kelly will never forgive Rosie for what she said about her being homophobic. What Clay Aiken did was so awful...gah! If someone put their hand on my face, I'd stab them.

by Anonymousreply 5511/14/2012

Can we start a thread called "Kelly Ripa: "Why I will NEVER forgive Rosie." It would be so juicy.

by Anonymousreply 5611/14/2012

Duh. I still want to know what America's Sweetheart said to Rosie. Or maybe she made Rosie watch as she crawled up Anderson Cooper's ass to prove she's not a phobe.

by Anonymousreply 5711/14/2012

Good Advice Well Heeded: Do not attend an indoor Madonna concert in the Summertime. She will cram you into your seats for four hours ("singing" for only two) and the air conditioning will NOT be turned on because Madonna needs to preserve (insert laugh here) her voice. Madonna makes you sweat for her. Thinks she's Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 5811/14/2012

many of you have never seen a recent show of hers.

so you really can't state "$300 is too much!!!" when you have nothing to base it on.

People pay that much for a Vegas boxing match for fuck's sake.

It's an amazing show. Amazing. No one does it better which is why people DO pay to see her (she'll break records again this year with touring).

Arriving late while annoying is expected for a diva/superstar like her. I can't remember a time when any huge mega-star showed up on time.

Barbra Streisand can sell $1000 tix and sit in a dress and sing her heart out and people here don't complain since her "voice is so beautiful! etc". I justify Madonna by stating that the entire show is an experience in itself.

by Anonymousreply 5911/14/2012

YEA! So save your pennies!

by Anonymousreply 6011/14/2012

GnR tried that shit a couple of years ago in the UK, and got bottled off the stage within five minutes...

And to compare Madonna to Barbra is just...moronic.

And possibly the boxers at the Vegas matches are better-looking - certainly more talented - undoubetdly more feminine - than the sainted Madonna

by Anonymousreply 6111/14/2012

Omg OP I was there. Just posted about my horrific experience in the other Madonna thread before I saw this one. I was doing a dress rehearsal for a show I'm in, so I didn't get there until 10:30, so I guess the timing was lucky for me, but people were noticeably disgruntled.

I hated the show. Left early. First and last Madonna show. I'll never see her in concert again.

by Anonymousreply 6211/14/2012

[R62] OMG girl, really? do tell.

by Anonymousreply 6311/14/2012

Meltdown alert!!

by Anonymousreply 6411/14/2012

yes, r64, at r62.

Seriously it's just way tooooo convenient in your quest to dismiss Madonna as a talented artist who has survived over 30 years in the biz ON TOP.

And she's a woman.

And she's for gay rights.

And she put her neck out for Pussy Riot and Obama.

And, yes, she makes millions.

But, she did perform SB to a record breaking crowd.

GMAYL, no matter what you think, was a talked about song, reached #10, and she was constantly in the press because of it and SB and MDNA.

W.E. came out. She went to Venice, Toronto, etc.

She won the Golden Globe for best song in a movie.

She just joined Twitter.

She gave NO press for MDNA but still managed to have a well-attended concert that made over $300 million.

Girls are buying up Material Girl and her perfume is a best-seller.

The point is, guys, whether you hate her or not, facts are facts. With those statistics, she IS relevant.

by Anonymousreply 6511/14/2012

I could be wrong, but I thought she started Re-Invention and Confessions at 9PM, despite the 8PM ticket time.

by Anonymousreply 6611/14/2012

[quote]She just joined Twitter.

She is such a trend-setter!

by Anonymousreply 6711/14/2012

[quote]Frankly it sounds made up

Yes--no one can be dissatisfied or unimpressed with Madonna EVER, or you are NOT GAY. SHE IS GOD, AND YOU ARE TRASH.

by Anonymousreply 6811/14/2012

[quote]It's an amazing show. Amazing. No one does it better which is why people DO pay to see her (she'll break records again this year with touring).

And as with all her tours, it will be on HBO, from the best seat in the house in HD and surround sound with no waiting two and half hours to begin!

by Anonymousreply 6911/14/2012

It baffles me why Vadge's stans think it's acceptable for her to disrespect them over and over again by appearing up 2 or more hours late to perform and keeping it so hot. She CAN'T sing so all the warming up in the world won't help her weak and wack-ass voice. The ego of this woman is pathetic, but not as pathetic as her stans who continue to feed this parasite their hard-earned money. It's this sector of gays that makes me cringe as you give the rest of us a bad image.

by Anonymousreply 7011/14/2012

Hmmm, I just thought she was LATE because of the rain when I saw her at Yankee Stadium. Really, though, if a ticket says 8, and even if you have a crappy DJ play for 20 minutes, that doesn't warent you to go on right before 11. I was with someone from New Jersey and he had to leave early because his train stopped at 1. We had the best time watching the FAT people around us eat 3 hours worth of greasy food. Oh joy.

by Anonymousreply 7111/14/2012

Vadge is a cunt and she owes her STUPID fans everything. Why they don't cut her off is beyond me. Who is still going to Vadge shows? Doesn't everyone read the bad reviews and articles about her rudeness (being late, keeping it too hot etc) ?????

by Anonymousreply 7211/14/2012

This thread reeks of Metamucil

by Anonymousreply 7311/14/2012

What becomes a legend most?

I was at Tuesday's show. Floor seats ($385 with service charges) center halfway from the stage. The first time I saw her live was in September at Yankee Stadium from a distance so it was thrilling seeing her up close. An energetic two hour performance by an historic entertainer.

Her appeal is truly transcends generations as many nearby where in their 20s. By show time there were few empty seats visible at Madison Square Garden.

Rocco be-bopping around during "Open Your Heart" was very cute. A major highlight was when she did "Give It To Me," and PSY popped out to do "Gangnam Style" with her dancing along. Then they did a duet of "Music."

I arrived at 9:30 PM having heard of her lateness. The 10:45 start time was irritating but sacred monsters are forgiven their transgressions.

The chronic Madonna screeds here are to be expected. It's the same disaffected neurotic bitter aged queens projecting their self loathing and despair onto a giant.

by Anonymousreply 7411/14/2012

She sure keeps Rocco up late on a school night.

by Anonymousreply 7511/15/2012

She's frankly not interested in you, just your money.

by Anonymousreply 7611/15/2012

R74 it's old and young alike here who despise her because we know the truth about her. Her talentless act achieved fame and fortune due to attention-whoring, luck with getting the right people to make her sound good and look OK and of course her thievery of singers/actors/dancers/artists.

No shock she had PSY come to perform with her in an attempt to stay relevant, the same way she had LMFAO and Minaj with her at the Superbowl.

It's so crazy to me Vadgestans support her tardiness. She's RUDE. Even when people are paying to see her, she doesn't deem them worthy enough to show up on time. I can't believe in 2012 people still place celebrities up as some god or something. She's no better than the rest of you, and you degrade yourselves by continuing to support her. Vadgestans are so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 7711/15/2012

R77 sounds bitter that they couldn't afford a ticket.

It's a great show.

by Anonymousreply 7811/15/2012

"No shock she had PSY come to perform with her in an attempt to stay relevant"

As if MADONNA needs PSY (a one-hit wonder if there ever was one) to stay relevant. Adjust your fucking meds.

by Anonymousreply 7911/15/2012

Here's a clip with Madonna and Psy.

Youtube comment "WTF did I just watch?" pretty much sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 8011/15/2012

Holy fuck, she looks like a struggling, out of breath, elder Lucille Ball (c. Stone Pillow) in the clip @ r80.

$360+ fees.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 8111/15/2012

OMG r80!! She looks like Angela Merkel or Hillary Clinton there then she lifts up her dress and it's holy shit grandma put it DOWN please! She could barely move in that segment. She was totally struggling. But the worst was the grandma pulling up her dress part.

by Anonymousreply 8211/15/2012

Yes, OP, you're pathetic - to go see a Madge concert, multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 8311/15/2012

I'm so happy I escaped the Pop Diva Curse of the Urban Gay Male.

Give me Grizzly Bear, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Band of Horses, Youth Lagoon, or Earlimart over Madonna. Any day.

by Anonymousreply 8411/15/2012

LOL R80 WTF is Madonna screaming with her cracked voice at the beginning of the video? and she looks OLD. It was so awkward seeing her dance under and over PSY. Very strange. She's so desperate to stay "cool" but she looked hella funny and fucked up. Looked like she was about to break a hip lol. In the chorus of "Music" when her backup singers totally covered for her lack of singing...and of course the backing track helped too.

Vadgebotstans are so pathetic. She SUCKS. Always has but now it's just even more apparent. Can't believe after seeing that clip that this bitch can make so much money touring. Who would spend that much on THAT?

by Anonymousreply 8511/15/2012

She's in better shape than most, if not all, of us posting in this thread. The blatantly ageist comments posted up-thread say more about the posters than they do about Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 8611/15/2012

Can't you fags talk about anything else.

by Anonymousreply 8711/15/2012

I seriously don't think they can, R87. It's really some form of mind control, I fear.

by Anonymousreply 8811/15/2012

Seen it done it. Wouldn't spend another dime on her shows. And now that I'm well off, I'd rather spend the money on something else. Still don't get the fascination with her. But if she makes people happy to spend that kind of money on her shows, guess she's doing something right. Like watching a train wreck to me.

by Anonymousreply 8911/15/2012

So I read that Vadge during her MSG performance "mooned the crowd in order to get them to donate to the relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy". Um what does seeing Vadgecrack have to do with charity, and why would it inspire a bunch of queens to donate? Also, I hope she's at least matching whatever her fans donated...I mean there's nothing more annoying than a celeb who begs others to give but doesn't give him/herself.

by Anonymousreply 9011/16/2012

Just a friendly reminder to take your once-monthly Boniva!

by Anonymousreply 9111/16/2012

[quote]I read that Vadge during her MSG performance "mooned" the crowd...

Dingleberries for dollars.

by Anonymousreply 9211/16/2012

I'm an elder gay. After 6pm I get a case of the cranks and by 8pm, if I haven't had a BM I'm downright nasty.

by Anonymousreply 9311/16/2012

That cunt is so despicable. What an attentionwhoring move YET AGAIN. "donate and I'll show you my ass?" WTF is with that? This bitch seriously needs a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 9411/16/2012

[quote]A major highlight was when she did "Give It To Me," and PSY popped out to do "Gangnam Style" with her dancing along.

GROANS!

Remember when she used to be a trendsetter and not a follower?

Especially a follower of something that is so 5 minutes ago.

$385 for center floor????

I paid about $140 for those same seats for the Re-Invention show and that had the added benefit of great songs like "Crazy For You" and "Burning Up," not that MDNA crap.

by Anonymousreply 9511/16/2012

Don't question her. It's a miracle she can walk at all.

by Anonymousreply 9611/16/2012

The PSY thing reminds me of the naked asian guy the the trunk of the car in THE HANGOVER.

by Anonymousreply 9711/16/2012

Don't blame her, blame The Hallmark Channel! The last episode of Matlock doesn't end until 11:00 PM. Then she has to spend 30 minutes complaining about the venue's temperature, today's youth, and Jews.

by Anonymousreply 9811/16/2012

Her fans must be very dedicated. Stuck in a concert venue for two and a half hours past the starting time, with no entertainment whatsoever? I would have been at the box office demanding a refund long before she hit the stage.

Back in the days when Madonna and I were young and it was cool to see bands when they were still playing night clubs (after they started playing arenas we abandoned them), yeah, the band didn't start until a couple of hours after the time on the ticket. But you had tables to sit at and waitresses to serve you drinks. And people KNEW not to show up at 8. This just sounds like bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 9911/16/2012

Some of us anticipated the late starting time, did our homework ahead to verity and adjusted accordingly.

Sorrow you had to fidget.

by Anonymousreply 10011/16/2012

R99 not only that but the differnce in price is huge. You're basically paying a lot to do nothing for 2 1/2 hours until she finally drags her carcass on stage. Vadge fans these days are just so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 10111/16/2012

She's desperate. Vadge doesn't understand that no one wants to see her wrinkled coochie or ass crack. Her attempt at live singing in that video is a joke

by Anonymousreply 10211/16/2012

Not my kind of music, but I used to have great respect for her as a pop artist. It lessens by the day. She is a pseudo version of Jim Morrison an Mick Jagger singing to their own tired ejaculations. Subversive mainstream has become pastiche. She is like a tacky drag version of herself.

by Anonymousreply 10311/16/2012

So many queens on here who have so many criticisms of Madge. And yet her tour has broken every record, and yet another post has gone past 100.

Keep it up dumb queens!

by Anonymousreply 10411/16/2012

"And yet her tour has broken every record"

For the millionth time, if you're charging the highest prices out of any touring act out there...

Get a new line, toots. Stop trotting out the SOS.

by Anonymousreply 10511/16/2012

[quote]And yet her tour has broken every record

Billy Graham was also quite a successful touring artist.

by Anonymousreply 10611/16/2012

There's a picture of her on Dlisted showing her lying on her stomach with her tongue flicking out at a microphone lying in front of her mouth. How pathetic can you get?

by Anonymousreply 10711/16/2012

My mom rocks!

by Anonymousreply 10811/16/2012

Who are you people? The time on the ticket for most any venue in this day and age is the time doors open. Not the time the act will go on. I don't recall the last show I saw where the main act went on before 10pm. The only reason to get there at the time the ticket says is for a standing-room show. I thought everyone knew this, but I guess I was wrong.

And complaining about the time an act goes on makes you sound elderly. Stop it.

I recall being in the audience waiting for Goldfrapp to go on, and the older gentleman next to me complaining about how rude it was of her to go on late. We were only talking about a 30min difference here. He came off as just a douchey tourist rube.

by Anonymousreply 10911/16/2012

Same thing happened in Dallas. People were posting on facebook about waiting three hours for Madge to come on stage and they weren't happy.

by Anonymousreply 11011/16/2012

R109 How fucking old are you?

I'm thirty two. I've been to plenty of shows with acts under fifty years of age. The main acts all manage to get on the stage before ten o clock.

I guess the elderly really get rocking!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11111/16/2012

I for one will be grateful when this bitch is finally OVER. She is pathetic and ridiculous. She is so desperate to be thought of as she was 20 years ago. Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 11211/16/2012

2 or more hours late is ridiculous since she only has a fucking DJ and not an opening act! I love how Vadgestanbots just accept her rudeness towards them. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 11311/16/2012

The expected time for an opening act to start is 90 minutes after the doors open. That's time for an opening act and a stage change. In addition, most venues have a 11pm cut off time. Every pop tart that I've seen in the past two decades start by 9:30 b/c they generally have to end by 11pm due to venue management.

In fact, I was surprised years ago when Green Day played at MSG until almost midnight. They started on time (around 9pm) but played over 2 1/2 hours. Rarely have I watched any big 'name' go much over the usual venue stop time (around 11pm).

I've never been a fan of Madge. She started when I was a kid and I thought she had a tiny voice and was too mechanical for my taste. When I heard the not allowing air conditioning I thought that was fucked up, had no idea her old ass thought she was important enough to start at 10:30 w/o giving a couple of opening acts to keep people entertained.

by Anonymousreply 11411/17/2012

Should say, 'expected time for headliner to start is 90 minutes after doors opening.'

by Anonymousreply 11511/17/2012

She isn't entertaining enough to make people happy once she deigns to come out, while at the same time she can't risk having opening acts because most would blow her off the stage.

Most performers who don't have opening acts present "An Evening with...." and do a long show, sometimes with an intermission.

But not Mrs. Thing.

by Anonymousreply 11611/17/2012

her "singing" career is one of the biggest frauds perpetrated on mankind. bitch can't sing. at all. But people are so MK Mind Controlled by her music, which is all backtracked and, well, kind of evil, that they can't stop buying and listening to it. It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 11711/17/2012

AMEN R117 preach it. Vadge followers are misguided souls.

by Anonymousreply 11811/17/2012

Go see Bruce instead. He usually comes out 30-45 after the printed ticket time. He plays for 3 or more hours and the tickets price is no more than $125. He's on stage the entire time. There is just a band. There are no theatrics, gimmicks or wardrobe changes. Whether you like him or not, he is a performer that actually gives a shit about his fans.

by Anonymousreply 11911/17/2012

I'd be curious to know if Vadge has any pre-performance rites or rituals.

by Anonymousreply 12011/17/2012

For all you queens that think Madge is a devil. Grow up. There are a lot worse things out there - like your breath.

and for douchey R105:

"For the millionth time, if you're charging the highest prices out of any touring act out there..."

Honey - the world RUNS on money, not your bitterness. If people are WILLING to spend $500 for a ticket to her show...how the hell does it bother you? Furthermore, congratulations to an artist who can command those prices.

Now shut the hell up and go to your nose-bleed seats for the Taylor Swift concert. You might get more out of her childish songs and $20 ticket prices.

by Anonymousreply 12111/17/2012

Exactly r121. I just don't understand why this bothers them SO much. It's like Madonna came over to their house and personally drowned one of their 15 cats in the bathtub. It's kind of amusing.

by Anonymousreply 12211/17/2012

oh look the butthurt Vadgestanbot queens R121 and R122 . If Vadge were talented and a good person, no one would have a problem with her. The fact is she is neither talented nor a good person. Some of us are appalled that fags and faghags continue to waste good money on this cunty fraudulent scam artist.

by Anonymousreply 12311/19/2012

So Vadge is now in good company with MC Hammer who danced with Psy at the AMA's lol. Psy just likes to give back to the old hasbeens and make them relevant for a minute, I guess. What a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 12411/20/2012

11.30 pm show in Miami, with booing and walk-outs!

by Anonymousreply 12511/22/2012

Just disgusting. Look at the video which shows her being pulled by a leash???? and the pics below it showing her camel toe. She should PAY people for making them watch that shit. damn Vadge.

by Anonymousreply 12611/24/2012

Gay icon Gloria Estefan would NEVER do that to her fans.

by Anonymousreply 12711/24/2012

What is the profile of the people who attend Madonna concerts?

That video is very sexual, but in a stripper or hen's night way.

by Anonymousreply 12811/24/2012

R127 because Gloria has class, something Vadge never had. Remember her first song "Burning Up"? The lyrics

"Do you wanna see me down on my knees? Or bending over backwards now would you be pleased? Unlike the others I'd do anything I'm not the same, I have no shame"

were the most truthful lyrics she ever sang about herself.

R128 fanfags of all ages and middle aged, white females.

by Anonymousreply 12911/24/2012

A question for Vadge fans: if you were to only hear the audio from her tours without the visuals, would you still want to go see her live? The visuals alone bother me, as I don't need to see her doing sex acts with someone who could be her hot son.

by Anonymousreply 13011/24/2012

What happened to "female power"? I would have assumed Vadge would be the one pulling the guy by a leash, not the other way around. Hopefully she won't blow out her knee while she's down there.

by Anonymousreply 13111/24/2012

Or break a hip R131.

by Anonymousreply 13211/24/2012

It looked like she was ready to blow the dancer when she paused, kneeling in front of his crotch...I wonder if a gap tooth BJ would feel better or worse?

by Anonymousreply 13311/24/2012

Almost three hours late coming on in Atlanta, I heard.

by Anonymousreply 13411/24/2012

Like Jimbo Morrison sang to his dick, Madonna sings to her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 13511/24/2012

I used to have Madonna dreams. Could never figure it out. I never dreamt about any other celebrities, which confirms there is some serious psychic shit behind her popularity. She comes to you in your sleep!

Madonna once said she wanted to have a career like Dietrich. That means we are facing the prospect of having her onstage for another twenty years with her wig stapled to her head.

The gall of not using a/c in enclosed venues is outrageous. Maria Callas wouldn't want her audience to suffer. And she could sing.

by Anonymousreply 13611/24/2012

the fact that you queens keep posting negative comments about a living legend is amazing.

I post to defend her since I've seen the MDNA show and what you post is either lies, or great exaggeration.

Why do you care so much? You are keeping her relevant.

And to suggest Minaj, Psy, or any other collaborator of Madonna's isn't getting the better end of the deal is crazy.

Like her or not, she has been a GLOBAL BRAND for over 20 years. Money. Influence. Fame. Adoration. Respect. And changing attitudes of the masses.

Although, I do question the SB performance's odd visuals; but her message, overall, is a very positive one.

by Anonymousreply 13711/24/2012

Madonna would be a lot more respected if she just learned how to sing. I said this before but she sounded better after taking voice lessons for Dick Tracy and Evita. She should have kept it up.

by Anonymousreply 13811/24/2012

R121 = priggish twat

by Anonymousreply 13911/24/2012

R138 she's a horrible singer. She did her best in those movies but you're never gonna hear her sounding great. Why do you think you've never heard her sing the Star Spangled Banner? because she knows she can't and would make a fool of herself if she tried. That song is the litmus test for singers. You don't have to be amazing, but you have to be at least a decent singer to sing that song. Recording acts like Vadge, Janet, Paula, Shitney, Rihanna, Katy Perry and Ke$ha will never attempt that song, and for good reason.

R137 she's only a living legend to you and her other deluded stans. That doesn't mean the rest of us can't talk about how she's a fraud and a complete cunt. Also her message is to give to her favorite charity, Madonna. She doesn't give a fuck about anyone or anything else.

by Anonymousreply 14011/25/2012

living legend my ass. What a joke pop culture is.

by Anonymousreply 14111/25/2012

I'm amazed more people don't stop and try to figure out WHY they are so obsessed with Madonna. It's almost comically not normal.

I think those people are psycho spiritually unconscious.

If you don't believe in forces of good and evil, you will. Madonna is an absolute force of evil in the world. WAKE UP. You are like the dumb people in the Matrix who don't realize they're in the matrix.

by Anonymousreply 14212/02/2012

Madonna is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 14312/02/2012

You would think the old bag would be asleep by that time.

by Anonymousreply 14412/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.