Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Million Dollar Decorators was picked up for a 2nd season??

Wow.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2912/09/2012

I love Jeffrey and Ross so I will be watching. And the others are so full of themselves...that is entertainment in itself.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 111/13/2012

Ross gets on my last nerve.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 211/13/2012

Two men having a romantic moment in a tub. Not actors, not characters. Pretty revolutionary considering its protagonists are mostly unsympathetic egomaniacs.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 311/13/2012

Martyn, every time we see him on screen: "That's so delicious, darling. It's fabulous and sexy. I love it, darling."

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 411/13/2012

Anyone else think Martyn's dining room was HIDEOUS? You fucking designed a solid marble table and didn't think you might out to calculate the weight? Will the floor hold a 3500 pound table?

At least he seems to go with his clients' thoughts and wants. The other one deserved a nip from that lap dog.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 511/14/2012

The whole thing, every bit of drama, is staged. You think Martyn didn't know how much that table weighed? That the manufacturer didn't mention it beforehand? You think he didn't have to have the floor tested to see if it could hold the weight. Trust me, all was planned ahead of time.

Same as the woman who changed her mind about the wallpaper. All staged.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 611/14/2012

The new Housewives-esque intro is ridic.

The dining room was horrific, as was the girl's bedroom (looked cheap) AND that snooty woman's guesthouse which looked almost 80's. Why do rich people pay for someone else to come in and do as they please with their space?? Where's the reflection of your personality in your home if you had nothing to do with what's in it? Do people really pay designers to go and pick everything out from floor to ceiling, or does that only happen on TV? Fucking bizarre.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 711/14/2012

Martyn is so irritating - that accent is bizarre (I'm guessing he was born in Ohio) and he seems like an idiot - that being said, he is highly entertaining. The great thing about the show is that no client is on a shoe-string like most of the other decorating shows on the air. $10k for wallpaper? Hang it! $400K for a dining room table? I'm planning the first dinner party! If I had to choose any of them to decorate my house (and I could afford it) I would pick Kathryn Ireland for sure.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 811/14/2012

I could see having a wonderful time with Kathy or the JAM guys or Candace Olsen, etc, going shopping, picking colors, textures, etc, but unless this is just my second or third status home, no way I'd let any of them do it without me and my input.....MAYBE Thom Filicia.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 911/15/2012

Okay, Ross, good on you for sticking to your guns and kudos to Jeffrey for backing you up, but seriously PINK? Call it what you want its pink and no guy wants to live in a hot pink box, no matter how much art you hang.

The Husband's issue should really be with the model wife and not Ross, but come on.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1011/21/2012

That pink room that the JAM team designed was tacky. Simply laughable.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1111/21/2012

[quote]Okay, Ross, good on you for sticking to your guns and kudos to Jeffrey for backing you up, but seriously PINK?

That mincing, dickless freak Ross makes me want to commit a hate crime. Everything about him is revolting.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1211/21/2012

As someone who doesn't live in the US I was surprised when the episode of the second season appeared on torrent sites. Martyn's bragging is soooo irritating (I am super successful, I travel all over the world, I have super delicious high profile clients! I spend hundreds of thousands of dollars decorating! I am one of the best decorators of the world! I am soooo busy and in demand! delicious here, delicious there, wherever I am there's deliciousness!). I adore Ireland and her witch nose (the thing with her French maid in the first episode was a bit too much and was borderline an AbFab ripoff - wine tasting! let's go to the wine tasting now! Are we going to the wine tasting? I wait in the car!). I was shocked, SHOCKED! that Wasp version of Family Guy's Consuelo (Mary McDonald) has not yet said her 'uuuuh ... no!' line which I thought was the best thing in season one. They got rid of Nathan, the more grounded guy of the bunch.

But Jeffrey and Ross are the main reason I watch the show. They look cute together (duh, both were models when they were younger). And they kind of live the life I would like to live (except for the fake bickering for the camera, of course).

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1311/21/2012

JAM's decorating palette is bad. I think their the worst of the bunch, although I enjoy watching them. Just not their decor style.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1411/22/2012

I thought Ross pulled off the very pink walls and ceiling idea very well by counterbalancing it with all the pictures and rugs. I kind of dig that kind of whimsy, but then I am gay and like a touch of whimsy (but I gues for a normal person it would be a bitch to get rid of the pink paint when you want to repaint the rooms). Nathan from season one has a quick cameo in the second episode encouraging Mary to have her own private meeting with the client in oder to showcase her work (I love the scene where Martyn just does his own presentation at the meeting at the beginnin gof the episode while Mary is just sitting there blinking with her eyes without having anything prepared herself for the client to see). The season preview shows some conflicts between the main cast (Mary vs. Kathryn and Martyn doing his idea of smacktalk about Jeffrey and Ross - I presume). I am not into the Real Housewives show and gave up on Flipping Out, but this Bravo show I like quite a bit.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1511/22/2012

[quote]Two men having a romantic moment in a tub.

Do you think they were really naked or had swimtrunks on?

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1611/22/2012

Martyn seems to be channeling Hermione Gingold and when this show gets the axe will be appearing in dinner theatre productions of GIGI.

Of the designers this season, Kathryn Ireland is the only designer I wouldn't line up against the wall and shoot. She may seem totally nuts but at least she's fun.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1711/22/2012

[quote]That mincing, dickless freak Ross makes me want to commit a hate crime. Everything about him is revolting.

This.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1811/22/2012

The pink wallpaper turned out fine, but that TACKY paint on the ceiling? OMFG. That destroyed the room and made it feel like the ceiling was coming down on you! Totally claustrophobic and just awful. How did the clients not laugh when they saw it?

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 1911/22/2012

I hate the fact that I find Martyn kind of attractive. He's about twice my age, but he looks he has big pecs and is submissive in the sack.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2011/23/2012

Is Ross gay?

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2111/23/2012

I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2211/23/2012

I've never heard of this show, but it's got to be better than godawful Flipping Out.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2311/23/2012

I don't know why people who are not competing in the same profession as these people would be so threatened by them. Martyn is a blast. I love his delusions of grandeur whether it's real or fake. Jeffrey and Ross are cute.

If I lived in that apartment that Martyn put a 3500 lbs marble table I would protest to have it removed. I would not feel comfortable living under it. It's a safety hazard. The marble table is the worst design choice I've seen on TV. Surprisingly, from an aesthetic standpoint the room was beautiful including the table.

In the latest episode, we saw Martyn's office. It's really fun looking. Reminded me of a stylish Pee-wee's playhouse.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2411/23/2012

Kathryn Ireland looks like & sounds like a witch with those oversized nose, chin, scratchy voice & receding teeth. How can she not know she's the epitome of the witch in Hansel & Gretl?

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2511/23/2012

Martyn's 5 o'clock shadow looks painted on.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2611/23/2012

[quote]If I lived in that apartment that Martyn put a 3500 lbs marble table I would protest to have it removed.

I don't think it was really 3500lbs, I think that was it's "TV weight." They showed it being picked up and moved by about five guys, so unless they are each capable of moving 700lbs (highly doubting it), it didn't actually weigh that much. But when they said it was 3500lbs I thought the exact same thing as you--if it fell through the floor, it'd fall though EVERY floor beneath it.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2711/23/2012

The slab of the table top sat on a very large apparently solid marble base (I presume unless you used reinforced steel or concrete, it would have to). The whole table set up was 3500, not the table top.

Martyn's decorating just looks like rehashed Versace/Liberace silliness, but in small doses it could be fun.

JAM's stuff, and Ireland's as well, edges into Pottery Barn territory. Just the real stuff, not the knock off PB copies.

I think I am going to hate Mary's rooms til they are done. I couldn't put up with her though.

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2811/26/2012

Lindsay Lohan strikes MDD!

by Do I dare Tivo it? reply 2912/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.