Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If I'm on the elevator and see someone coming, I will hit the door close button

Because I hate riding in the elevator with other people, unless I absolutely have no other choice. I also live on a high floor and I want a straight shot to my apartment and not be bothered with all the stops.

by Anonymousreply 2111/13/2012

I hate elevators that talk to you.

by Anonymousreply 111/13/2012

I vote for a "Slam Door Violently Like A Bitchy Queen" option.

by Anonymousreply 211/13/2012

Well, aren't you a selfish little bitch. Grow a pair and be polite. Someday you might need help from one of the people you do wrong by.

by Anonymousreply 311/13/2012

Most "close" buttons on elevators don't do anything. Seriously, google it.

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2012

And when you're approaching and elevator they don't hold it for you, you probably call them an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2012

I've memorized what makes and models they work on, and there's an emergency code on several models to force a door-shut.

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2012

I always keep a supply of ready intestinal gas on hand and wait until they get on to release it.

by Anonymousreply 711/13/2012

I just grind away on my briefcase and moan.

by Anonymousreply 811/13/2012

R4 is correct, door close buttons on elevators do not really work. They are dummy buttons, just like the cross walk light change buttons. Just there to give you a sense of control. Why, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 911/13/2012

Um, no. Close door buttons do work in most Manhattan elevators. Not wanting anyone to accompany you on said elevator is so Anna Wintour.

by Anonymousreply 1011/13/2012

I work on the 39th floor and there are a couple of co-workers I'd rather not ride alone with, so if I see them waiting to go down I'll duck into the restroom or pretend I forgot something at my desk. Doesn't always work though.

by Anonymousreply 1111/13/2012

Why do the gays tend to be such misanthropes and anti-social??

by Anonymousreply 1211/13/2012

If you want the elevator door to shut, jump up and down one time. The elevator thinks it's full and the door shuts.

by Anonymousreply 1311/13/2012

I'm tempted but I do not. I realize the benefits of the common good to myself as well as others. No big wup- just more efficient use of elevators that helps all (including me).

If everyone did what you do OP- life in your building would be less pleasant.

Then this is an anonymous site so folks like you can confess their obstructive behavior. Try it the other way an perhaps you will make some friends or not feel as much at war with the world.

by Anonymousreply 1411/13/2012

[quote]Why do the gays tend to be such misanthropes and anti-social??

Not "anti-social," rather, they are not sociable. Anti-social is when they hold the elevator door for someone, sets fire to them, and then jumps out as the door closes.

by Anonymousreply 1511/13/2012

OP, you get points from me for honesty! Probably tons of other people are like you.

by Anonymousreply 1611/13/2012

Walk lights work too, at least here in Boston. You won't get a Walk light unless you press the button.

by Anonymousreply 1711/13/2012

I only do this when people have their dogs with them

by Anonymousreply 1811/13/2012

The door close button is a placebo for impatient assholes.

by Anonymousreply 1911/13/2012

It's how we fooled Roz into thinking Mr. Hart was in the office.

by Anonymousreply 2011/13/2012

On some models, yes R19. Some models actually have working door close/open buttons.

by Anonymousreply 2111/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.