Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Newt Gingrich 'Dumbfounded' By Obama's 'Extraordinary Victory' Over Mitt Romney

"The president won an extraordinary victory. And the fact is we owe him the respect of trying to understand what they did and how they did it." He added, "But if you had said to me three weeks ago, Mitt Romney would get fewer votes than John McCain and it looks like he’ll be 2 million fewer, I would have been dumbfounded."

by Anonymousreply 1911/13/2012

Thaks for helping out with that, Newt.

by Anonymousreply 111/13/2012

Gingrich, another delusional Repug who lives in denial and cannot relate the average person--and he's not even all that wealthy.

And Gingrich fancies himself as an "intellectual," one of the smart ones, the historian, the guy with the big ideas. Yet he paid no attention to statistics, polls, ground game strategy or the public's ability and desire to finally reject the lying douchebag Romney.

by Anonymousreply 211/13/2012

You better RECOGNIZE, bitches!!!

by Anonymousreply 311/13/2012

The Republican elite makes money off of the political charade game. They say one thing and do/know/believe something else in private.

The stupid Republicans and their supporters live in a bubble and are taken advantage of. The real (Republican) elite knows full well what's going on in the world and act accordingly while taking advantage of all the stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2012

Actually, a lot of conservatives blame Mitt's loss on Gingrich. It was Gingrich's Bain ads that conservatives felt laid the groundwork for Obama's strategy to paint Mitt as the rich guy that's out of touch with working people.

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2012

Yet another example of how out of touch of reality the republican party is...

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2012

Bingo! R5 wins a cupie doll. The extremely nasty attacks during the Republican debate killed Romney's chances.

by Anonymousreply 711/13/2012

There is only ONE reason Mitt Romney lost: Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 811/13/2012

Exactly, r8. Rmoney is his own worst enemy. His history of being a vulture, tax secrets, lies, misinterpretations, flip-flopping, and lousy persona killed his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 911/13/2012

They really didn't expect Obama to win. I guess they thought the first time he won it was some kind of fluke. They seem really shocked and angry that he won.

by Anonymousreply 1011/13/2012

R8/R9

You are right, but when members of his own party are hammering him mercilessly on those very points, it does some very real damage. I love how the Republicans can be so very nasty and then expect people to have forgotten one month later. But, that is how they are with everything. "Forget what I said last week. Listen to what I am saying now!" The problems with Romney are not specific to Romney. He really does represent the Republican party as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 1111/13/2012

I can't remember who said it, but this quote always stuck with me: Newt Gingrich is a stupid man's idea of what a smart man sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 1211/13/2012

"The president won an extraordinary victory. And the fact is we owe him the respect of trying to understand what they did and how they did it."

Oh NOW they owe him respect? Fuck off Newt. What's next, embracing immigration reform? Too little, too late.

by Anonymousreply 1311/13/2012

"trying to understand what they did and how they did it."

Like it's some weird kind of trick. Like it had nothing to do with the Republicans' policies and politics of greed, lies, and scapegoating.

by Anonymousreply 1411/13/2012

Exactly, R14. Many Republicans in the face of the loss seem place the blame on the marketing and not the ideology.

by Anonymousreply 1511/13/2012

What's even more extraordinary is that Mittens got hammered by his own party about Bain, and yet didn't develop a strategy to deal with a subject they had to have known would be picked by the dems.

by Anonymousreply 1611/13/2012

I think many Americans (including some conservatives) are "dumbfounded" that this disgraced zombie pustule keeps getting a platform to spew his inanity.  I know I am.

by Anonymousreply 1711/13/2012

Newt Gingrich is dumbfounded by sparkly objects and merging traffic.

by Anonymousreply 1811/13/2012

You should have seen the kinder, gentler Newt on The View yesterday. Lizzie didn't even have to speak over Joy once to defend him. And all Joy could do was sit there and say, "wow", with her full amount of incredulity.

by Anonymousreply 1911/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.