Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NYT: 'Today Show' Shakeup: Alexandra Wallace Becoming EP, Taking Over From Jim Bell

Since Curry's replacement by Savannah Guthrie, "Good Morning America" has won every single week in the ratings--save for a brief period during the Summer Olympics--even as its most popular host, Robin Roberts, has been absent for many weeks due to a bone marrow transplant.

Will you go back to watching 'Today?'

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

No, I won't go back to Today. I've switched to MSNBC in the morning. Here on the West Coast, I like Chris Jansing(7 am), Thomas Roberts (8 am) and Alex Wagner (9 am) on MSNBC.

I'm still pissed at what NBC did to Ann Curry. I liked Ann, but quite frankly, I was getting tired of Today long before Ann assumed the anchor position. Matt Lauer has ruined Today along with the show's producers putting on schlocky crap instead of news and ineteresting topics.

by Anonymousreply 111/13/2012

Need to get Matt out ASAP

by Anonymousreply 211/13/2012

Told you so

by Anonymousreply 311/13/2012

I won't go back to the Today Show. The content is weak and the energy feels forced and unhappy. At 7am, I want useful information, to start engaging my mind for the day. I don't get that anymore on NBC. I think Matt Lauer has lost his intellectual appeal and believability.

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2012

I never enjoyed Today.

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2012

I was never a big Today fan but after Matt Lauer demonstrated what a huge douche bag he truely was I'll never watch it while he's there.

by Anonymousreply 611/14/2012

Willie Geist is set to replace Matt Lauer, if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

Give Kathie Lee and Hoda TWO hours; they're a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

How about REGIS as new host!!!

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

I rarely watch TV in the mornings, but I did tune in for the whole Ann Curry debacle, and watched Olympic coverage. Matt Lauer seems just about insufferable. It's time for him to "retire" or go on to do "special projects".

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

Jim Bell was "repositioned" to NBC Sports, A/K/A demoted. The next to be repositioned out the door is Lauer. By now, most their viewers have migrated to GMA.

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

They got rid of Ann Curry but kept Willard Scott???

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

R12, it's far crazier that they got rid of Ann Curry and kept Matt Lauer. That was a major screw-up. They hoped it would go away and nobody would notice, but it hasn't turned out that way.

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.