Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John McAfee, Anti-Virus Software Creator, Wanted for Murder

John McAfee, the high-tech pioneer whose anti-virus security software is installed on countless computers around the world, is on the lam from police in Belize who are investigating the murder of his neighbor.

The 67-year-old multimillionaire is a prime suspect in the Nov. 10 killing of Gregory Faull, says Vienne Robinson, assistant superintendent of the Belize's San Pedro police department, who spoke to Fox News.

"We are looking for him in connection with the murder," says Robinson, who adds that another suspect is currently in custody – although no charges have been filed yet.

Faull, who had recently filed a police complaint against McAfee for discharging firearms, was discovered by a housekeeper, according to a police report posted on

Faull, a 52-year-old builder from California, was reportedly lying face-up in a pool of blood with a bullet wound in the back of his head. On a nearby stair, police found a single 9-mm shell casing.

McAfee, whose former company was purchased by Intel in 2010 for nearly $7.7 billion, moved to Belize in 2008, intending to launch a company that manufactured herbal antibiotics from jungle plants.

In recent years, however, his strange behavior had alienated him from neighbors and others in the American expat community in the Central American country, according to reports.

by Anonymousreply 812/17/2012

This is the original story on gizmodo. Click on the links in and around it for the original reporting.

The author actually wrote a profile of him before this happened.

This really is an amazing story.

It has some interesting similarities to Matthew Nolan's story (Christopher Nolan's black sheep brother).

by Anonymousreply 111/13/2012

Ooh papa toonie, we got a loonie!

by Anonymousreply 211/13/2012

Thanks r1, the stupid People article didn't mention any of the good stuff about him being a drug-crazed perv, and the herbal antibiotics company only being a cover for it.

by Anonymousreply 311/13/2012

It's not my fault, the shadow people and tree cops told me to kill him.

Now I've got to go stick some drugs up my butt. It doesn't hurt as much as you'd think! You'll be rewarded if you stick drugs up your butt too!

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2012

He should've been arrested years ago for his crap anti-virus software.

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2012

Well wasn't his business basically an extortion racket?

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2012

It seems the neighbor succumbed for the same reason that a lot of computers died, the inability of McAfee to control malicious executable coding.

by Anonymousreply 711/13/2012

McAfee in Miami after deportation from Guatemala

By CURT ANDERSON Associated Press

by Anonymousreply 812/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!