Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ryan Lost His Hometown Badly

Even though Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) won re-election at the same time he was on the national ticket, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel notes he was crushed in his hometown of Janesville, WI by challenger Rob Zerban (D), 55% to 44%. Ryan had never lost Janesville in a re-election campaign before.

In addition, the Obama-Biden ticket defeated Romney-Ryan ticket in Janesville by a whopping 25 points, 62% to 37%.

"The drop-off from the Ryan congressional vote to the Romney-Ryan presidential vote was much larger in Janesville (7.2 points) than it was in the rest of the congressional district (3 points). Put another way, there were more Ryan ticket-splitters in Janesville than other places: people who voted for Ryan for Congress but against Ryan for vice president."

by Anonymousreply 811/13/2012

It's ABOUT TIME somebody posted a thread about rob zerban. If only he would have gotten a tad bit more attention, Paul Ryan would have been sent back to his mom's basement.

by Anonymousreply 111/13/2012

He really needed to be fired from the government.

by Anonymousreply 211/13/2012

Must have been that "URBAN" vote, Paul!

by Anonymousreply 311/13/2012

My sister lives in a different Midwestern state where her neighbor is someone who is from Janesville. The neighbor, a rabid Republican, told my sister that Ryan is not liked at all in Janesville (they think he's an asshole and full of himself); the neighbor did not vote for Romney because of Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2012

[quote]My sister lives in a different Midwestern state

Why not just specify the state? Why all the mystery?

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2012

OK, Paul, so all those inner-city dreadlocked, hip hop wannabe kids in your home town, voting along with their grandmas against you, were 'urban'? In no time, we'll be able to find your folklore about why you lost the election on the urban myth site, Snopes.

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2012

"Geraldo Rivera was arrested for battery in Janesville while covering a Ku Klux Klan rally in 1992."

by Anonymousreply 711/13/2012

[quote]Why not just specify the state? Why all the mystery?

Because then R4 wouldn't be anonymous. The masses would instantly have the answer to this grand mystery. I shall investigate and get back to you.

by Anonymousreply 811/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!