Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Planet Fitness, the gym

It's supposed to have a tolerant atmosphere where fatties aren't ridiculed. You can also join for either $10 or $20 a month.

What's your opinion of this gym?

by Anonymousreply 2603/13/2015

It's where I go. It's good. They have a helpful staff, plenty of machines and I never have to wait for one. If you're serious about working out it's a good place. My trainer is a grandmother, former olympic gymnast, has a body that would put most half her age to shame and is a real ball buster. But I'm not there to be coddled, I'm there to stay in shape.

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

Was she an American gymnast?

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

I couldn't rate it helpfully until I know how cruisy the showers are.

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

She is American, I googled her but she didn't medal do it's like she was well known. Honesty, she intimidates the hell out of me. But hell, that's her job and I can't argue with the results.

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

lost 80 pounds by going there every day under a year.

Fine gym.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

So how cruisy is Planet Fitness?

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

R7 I can only speak of the one I go to, but not at all, or at least very little. Then again, I'm weird, I'm there to work out.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

Which one is that?

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

Sorry for the bump, but I'm wondering if anyone has any more info?

One has opened around the corner from me and I'm thinking about joining...but I've read some awful reviews of other locations and the national chain. Broken machines, unplanned charges showing up on your checking account, no trainers, etc....

by Anonymousreply 1003/12/2015

Most importantly, do they have steam rooms?

by Anonymousreply 1103/12/2015

New York Sports Club is going to a model of "no towels in the locker room" You have to ask for them at the front desk. Is there anyone who goes to Plantet Fitness in NYC? Do they put towels in the locker room or do you have to ask for them?

by Anonymousreply 1203/12/2015

Isn't it all pink green and purple inside? I don't think I could deal with that. The cheap price is attractive but that means it gets all the ghetto garbage. Plus I'm sure they insist on hitting you with extra loud rock and r and b.I content to listen to that shit.

by Anonymousreply 1303/12/2015

"Plus I'm sure they insist on hitting you with extra loud rock and r and b.I content to listen to that shit."

NYH&R used to blast loud ghetto music. I left when my membership was up. I couldn't take it. I couldn't hear my own music over that crap.

by Anonymousreply 1403/12/2015

[quote]So how cruisy is Planet Fitness?

Very, when I'm skulking around there at 3 A.M.

by Anonymousreply 1603/12/2015

depends on the location but the pros are cheap and lots of machines. The cons are often unsanitary locker rooms and they tend to be Frau-magnetized.

I think if they stopped serving free pizza the first Monday of every month, the frau population would decrease by 89 percent.

by Anonymousreply 1703/12/2015

Free pizza at a gym? That's like happy hour at an AA meeting.

by Anonymousreply 1803/12/2015

In the locker rooms, (both of them) there's all the sausage you can eat!

by Anonymousreply 2003/12/2015

Really, really depends on the location in terms of the cleanliness, cruisiness and clientele. The one in near me doesn't have a lot of free weights. I was a member there for a while before joining the local YMCA. Didn't like the "one enormous room" set up, but that's not why I left.

by Anonymousreply 2103/12/2015

Or a really good smoothie with some protein powder? This is Planet Frau by any other name.

by Anonymousreply 2203/12/2015

R6: may I ask if you are male or female and your age? Your answer may give me hope.

by Anonymousreply 2303/12/2015

by Anonymousreply 2403/13/2015

It's a basic no frills gym. Equipment is in decent shape, but its just standard equipment, nothing fancy. Some free weights, but not a lot.

Staff is nice. Locker room, at least at the one near me, is kept clean. Of the members, about half have never worked out before. The other half knows what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 2503/13/2015

How do people feel about Blink gyms?

by Anonymousreply 2603/13/2015
Need more help? Click Here.