Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My sloth levels know no bounds

I'm working on a brutally dull project at work that saps the life out of me. I come home at night, change into jammies, and just sloth it. I have ordered takeout the past five nights and haven't cleaned. Styrofoam trays are everywhere. My living room smells of old french fry grease. I am eating onion rings from a styrofoam tray balanced on my gut while typing on Datalounge. God, does life get any lower?

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012

I think this post could make a good song! "Stumble out of bed ...

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

I'm with you, Op. I work in a very high stress job and these days when I get home I just want to veg.

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

Add me to the list. Can't I just win the lottery already???

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

Yikes, what does your ass smell like if you haven't cleaned your place?

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2012

onion rings are tasty

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

Somebody needs to fall in love -or lust.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

The answer is YES. It gets much worse.

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

Not keeping a clean house doesn't necessarily say anything about your personal hygiene R4.

And yes OP, I know the feeling. What I do isn't always stressful but during those high-workload periods my place becomes a mess and I never cook. Just don't have the energy to care or do anything outside of work.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

OP, I'm like that too. At this point I wouldn't mind getting laid off. I could live off unemployment and my savings and be much happier. Too bad I've made myself too invaluable where I work.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

Ugh. I just have no energy after I get home. Never want to look another person in the face and be cheery. I work in the health care field and everyone I work with has it so much worse than me. I do feel grateful that I can walk away when my time is done, but I can't help trying really hard to make my clients feel just a little better. It takes its toll though.

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2012

"change into jammies" = single for life.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

OP try doing that same routine for the next 10 years. Welcome to normal.

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2012

If Mitt opens those fucking bedroom curtains one more time and encourages me to 'snap out of it', I'm gonna switch all of his cartons to *chocolate* milk.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2012

Are you doing any better, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.