Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My sloth levels know no bounds

I'm working on a brutally dull project at work that saps the life out of me. I come home at night, change into jammies, and just sloth it. I have ordered takeout the past five nights and haven't cleaned. Styrofoam trays are everywhere. My living room smells of old french fry grease. I am eating onion rings from a styrofoam tray balanced on my gut while typing on Datalounge. God, does life get any lower?

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012

I think this post could make a good song! "Stumble out of bed ...

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

I'm with you, Op. I work in a very high stress job and these days when I get home I just want to veg.

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

Add me to the list. Can't I just win the lottery already???

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

Yikes, what does your ass smell like if you haven't cleaned your place?

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2012

onion rings are tasty

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

Somebody needs to fall in love -or lust.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

The answer is YES. It gets much worse.

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

Not keeping a clean house doesn't necessarily say anything about your personal hygiene R4.

And yes OP, I know the feeling. What I do isn't always stressful but during those high-workload periods my place becomes a mess and I never cook. Just don't have the energy to care or do anything outside of work.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

OP, I'm like that too. At this point I wouldn't mind getting laid off. I could live off unemployment and my savings and be much happier. Too bad I've made myself too invaluable where I work.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

Ugh. I just have no energy after I get home. Never want to look another person in the face and be cheery. I work in the health care field and everyone I work with has it so much worse than me. I do feel grateful that I can walk away when my time is done, but I can't help trying really hard to make my clients feel just a little better. It takes its toll though.

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2012

"change into jammies" = single for life.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2012

OP try doing that same routine for the next 10 years. Welcome to normal.

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2012

If Mitt opens those fucking bedroom curtains one more time and encourages me to 'snap out of it', I'm gonna switch all of his cartons to *chocolate* milk.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2012

Are you doing any better, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!