Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

David Patraeus: Wife Holly is "furious" over the matter

Patraeus' spokesperson: "It's going to take a long time for him to set things straight at home."

by Anonymousreply 6111/13/2012

It's the public that forces these people in the spotlight to stay married for 75 years, have 2.3 kids and go to church on Sunday (I'd look at you Bill and Hillary, but you've been on different continents for four years).

If the marriage is over- get divorced.

I couldn't care less what they do in private; just go to work and do your job.

Let. People. Live.

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

quel suprise

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

Beggars can't necessarily be choosers. Holly's done quite well for herself...all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

It may be your truth, R4. I don't concur.

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

Why does everyone assume they should stay together?

Or even that they each want to stay together?

If one party wants out, the marriage is over.

They should go their separate ways if the friendship, companionship, and/or love is gone.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

Regardless of Mrs. Petraeus' "fuckability," Mr. Dickwad could have gotten a divorce FIRST instead making both her and the government look like fools. (Even then, he'd still be messing with someone who's married, which probably still violates the rules THAT HE AGREED TO IN ADVANCE.] No one made him take the job.

He and Mrs. Broadpoor are selfish pricks.

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

They should get a divorce because Petraeus certainly has a type and Holly ain't it (seems he has a thing for tiggle bittied brunettes in their late 30s). Their daughter is a dietician and fitness buff...maybe she can help her mom lose some weight and reclaim the life David tried to destroy. And if her real name is Holly, perhaps she should go by her middle name and give up that fucking grade school haircut.

Holly has a degree from Dickinson (a great school) and she's a senior civilian at the Consumer Protection isn't as if she's some simple schoolmarm who's incapable of moving on to bigger and better things. A makeover + a divorce = a new, better life.

Go, Holly, go!

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

R8, Petraeus was not having an affair with Jill Kelley. She is a family friend and longtime military supporter.

So your comment, R8, about a 'type' is wrong.

Holly's real first name is Hollister. I saw her name plate on her work desk shown on TV.

Bigger and better things for Holly? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

She probably will divorce him now that he's dragged her name through the mud.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

What about the biographer? Is she in big trouble now? Or will she become a megastar?

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2012

R8, there are very rarely 'bigger and better things' for a 60 year old woman.

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2012

She won't divorce him.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2012

Just because Jill Kelley says they're just friends doesn't mean it's true. Remember, she's also married with kids. Why would she wants this to get out? Wouldn't surprise me if her was fucking her too, she's very similar to Paula.

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

She may not want bigger and better, but she may very well decide she doesn't want to live with him any more. A nice quiet life without drama probably looks very enticing right about now.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

She could become a bodybuilder.

by Anonymousreply 1711/12/2012

R16, the point is that 60 year old woman very rarely have an option of 'bigger and better'.

Options of 'bigger and better' are not accessible to most 60 yr old women.

You act as if she has a choice or not of accessing something 'bigger and better'.

Trust me, she doesn't have the option. There aren't many options in the romance department for 60 yr old women.

And career options might be limited too due to age. She already has the job she wants anyway and probably doesn't want to change jobs.

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

Or be in Cirque de Soleil.

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

"King David" is spelled Petraeus....

Must I do everything around here?

That is rhetorical.

I've got all the deets, the twins, Food Fight.

It is A Soap Opera.

Call rewrite.

Spell his name correctly. Get in on the fun. Your M2 Always on Duty

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

"Bigger and better" is a matter of opinion. She's been a dutiful mother and military wife, maybe it's time someone worked to make her happy for a change.

by Anonymousreply 2111/12/2012

I thought her problem was that she got bigger. Make up your minds!

by Anonymousreply 2211/12/2012

That link above....ooooo

by Anonymousreply 2311/12/2012

another view

by Anonymousreply 2411/12/2012

She's lucky her husband didn't dump her years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2511/12/2012

Yeah, because what every woman needs is an asshole like him in her life.

by Anonymousreply 2611/12/2012

Notice how DP married the daughter of someone he idolized, and he cheated on her as soon as he attained the same rank of the man whose approval he continually sought? DP needs to spend the rest of his life in extensive therapy.

by Anonymousreply 2811/12/2012

Does that ryhme with "Betray Us"?

Spelled Petraeus...

Children, please.

I've got this covered.

As Always ; M

Your own on duty 24/7

by Anonymousreply 2911/12/2012

The desire for romantic connection is very strong and it feels like a 'last chance' to experience lift on that level when one enters one's 60's.

by Anonymousreply 3011/12/2012

R28, that's a dimwit observation.

And really farfetched and grasping.

by Anonymousreply 3111/12/2012

Who says that they didn't have implicit or explicit understanding that he's free to fuck around? What makes her furious is that his affairs, present and past, will be dragged into the daylight, and embarrass her. I'm sure this is not the first slampiece he's ever had as much as I'm sure that Mrs Petraeus had her own reasons to look the other way as long as he was discreet.

by Anonymousreply 3211/12/2012

live on that level - not lift on that level

by Anonymousreply 3311/12/2012

Shut up, R32, you have absolutely no idea whether Petraeus cheated in the past.

Your smug observations are idiotic and presumptuous.

by Anonymousreply 3411/12/2012

[quote]What about the biographer? Is she in big trouble now? Or will she become a megastar

In my case, no and no.

by Anonymousreply 3511/12/2012

60 with a great paying job and half of a military pension? There will be unemployed 55 year old Kodak/GM/American Airlines/etc retirees lined up outside the door with flowers!

by Anonymousreply 3611/12/2012

Bigger question - who the hell entrusts your biography with someone who's NEVER WRITTEN A BOOK?

That Paula is a piece of work - deliberately screwing this guy despite being married herself.

by Anonymousreply 3711/12/2012

R37: Although it seems strange for Petraeus to trust an untested writer to pen his biography, he's known for being a proponent of mentorship. She's a junior officer in the Army Reserve who is a fellow alum of his alma mater and a PhD candidate at Harvard. Even if Paula is a shameless whore, it's not like she's some mild-mannered dummy (as a matter of fact, she was her high school's valedictorian AND prom queen).

by Anonymousreply 3811/12/2012

"Trust me, she doesn't have the option. There aren't many options in the romance department for 60 yr old women."

Unless she needs him for money, she has plenty of options. Namely, the option of leading a life without her embarrassing and UGLY husband. A lot of women at 60 don't look for "romance", and older women, widowed or divorced, aren't looking for a romance/husband. Women aren't as needy as men are.

by Anonymousreply 3911/12/2012

ummm...don't think mentorship was in play. Seems the general has an eye for trashy ladies

The rapidly unfolding saga of David Petraeus, Paula Broadwell, Jill Kelley and an unnamed FBI agent is getting trashier by the minute. The Wall Street Journal dropped a scoop on Monday evening with fresh details about the case, including a report of a man who sent shirtless photos of himself to Kelley, the accidental whistleblower. Believe it or not, the man sending sexy pics is not David Petraeus -- you know, the guy that just got caught having an illicit affair with his too-fit biographer. It's the FBI agent.

But wait there's more. Evidently, the FBI agent who opened an investigation into some harassing emails that Kelley, a friend of his from Florida, got a little too involved in the case. According to The Journal, the agent's "supervisors soon became concerned that the initial agent might have grown obsessed with the matter, and prohibited him from any role in the investigation."

Meanwhile, the investigators who worked their way through a maze of anonymous email exchanges between Petraeus, Broadwell and Kelley ascertained that the former CIA director and his friend from Florida may have gotten romantically involved as well. One email described a night at dinner when the anonymous writer claimed to witness Kelley touching Petraeus "provocatively" under the table. "Provocatively" is WSJ's word. We're guessing the email was a little bit more specific with what was going on with the under-the-table touching.

This is getting good. All we need now is a copy of the shirtless photo and the disk that contains all of the other explicit photos -- sexy pics are like rats where there are a thousand hiding for every one out in the open. Or even better, if there were a sex tape, some misplaced direct messages on Twitter, evidence of all-night sex parties and perhaps an offshore bank account full of cash, this thing could become the ultimate political scandal*. We might even have to recast the inevitable Petraeus scandal movie. We're thinking Daniel Craig could play a rogue shirtless FBI agent pretty darn well.

* - Aside from the shirtless photo, there is no evidence that any of these items exists. Sort of sadly, similar items have turned up in other recent political scandals, though. Recent scandals, too.

by Anonymousreply 4011/12/2012

R37, the book is an expansion of Paula Broadwell's Phd dissertation.

And any author has to write a first book at some point.

by Anonymousreply 4111/12/2012

Well, Orson Welles' first movie didn't turn out so badly. But I forget: inexperienced men always must be trusted with big things, whereas women just can't. Vote Romney much?

by Anonymousreply 4211/12/2012

R38 Holly was a National Merit Finalist.

Paula was a downgrade.

Holly's family had $$ & Power.

"King David" had a taste for trash.

Jill Kelley of "Food Fight".

Posted her photo for you to admire.

Quite the babe as in not.

Holly is not responsible for husband's behavior.

This is why I neutered my dog.

by Anonymousreply 4311/12/2012

The news has been covering this non stop.

by Anonymousreply 4411/12/2012

Police are at Paula's house in Charlotte, NC taking out many boxes from the house to the police cars.

I think there is more going on here than the FBI/CIA are letting on to the public.

by Anonymousreply 4511/12/2012

I agree R45

by Anonymousreply 4611/12/2012

Yes, Political Junkie, there is more to this story than appears. But what I don't know???

Did Broadwell have classified info that she leaked to Fox?

Can Obama discredit Petraeus and his cabal and replace them w/his "own generals"?

Is Broadwell involved in some conspiracy that is anti Obama?

by Anonymousreply 4711/12/2012

what is it??

by Anonymousreply 4811/12/2012

[quote]I think there is more going on here than the FBI/CIA are letting on to the public

by Anonymousreply 4911/12/2012

The rogue FBI agent who is an acquaintance of Jill Kelley is a Republican who was hoping to smear Obama right before the presidential elecion.

by Anonymousreply 5011/12/2012

[quote]A lot of women at 60 don't look for "romance", and older women, widowed or divorced, aren't looking for a romance/husband. Women aren't as needy as men are.

yep, a house-full of cats will do

by Anonymousreply 5111/12/2012

Among my older divorced friends, few men if none remain alone for more than a year. Straight men CANNOT go on without a woman to take care of them and keep their fragile psyches patched. Usually the woman is at least 10 years younger, or more.

Most of the divorced women over 60 love being alone. Very freeing to be shuck of the weight of a relationship many of them entered when young, but found more and more stifling as they grew. As long as they are able to support themselves and keep some quality of life they are fine.

by Anonymousreply 5211/12/2012

I can't wait for a Jerry Springer style third act twist to this affair where Holly reveals that she has been having an affair with one of David's female relatives.

by Anonymousreply 5311/13/2012

There is a new twist to The David Petraeus Affair: now US General John Allen is yet another "special friend" of Jill Kelley, too.

There are 20,000 to 30,000 mostly emails between them dating from 2010 to 2012.

US General John Allen is currently in Charge of Afghanistan. Apparently, the US is running out of Generals who are NOT special penpals of married Jill Kelley.

I feel certain this treasure trove is purely an innocuous exchange about the weather, their pets as well as recipe ideas. Oh, so much for the sancity of marriage, too.

Your Own M2, keeping DL up to date as news breaks.

by Anonymousreply 5411/13/2012

by Anonymousreply 5511/13/2012

Oh Lord, the feigned outrage by the completely unsuspecting, caught by surprise, never seen it coming, right out of left field, WIFE. Spare me please.

by Anonymousreply 5611/13/2012

I don't think he has a very nice anus...

by Anonymousreply 5711/13/2012

Do we know what Broadwell's hubby looks like?

by Anonymousreply 5811/13/2012

Lookup Scott Broadwell, you'll see.

by Anonymousreply 5911/13/2012

Well, I think Holly knew about it for some time, because I see her putting on her ugly face in every photograph. And I think her solidarity with Down syndrome women of the 1930s is noteworthy and heartwarming, since she has worn their hairstyle for decades.

by Anonymousreply 6011/13/2012

I've been reading about Holly Petraeus, Broadwell and Kelly. I know which of the three women I like best. It's no contest, Holly comes out the winner.

The other two are cumdumps. Gen. Petraeus may have used them, but he doesn't appear to have attempted to end his marriage so he could be with either of them. They served their purpose.

by Anonymousreply 6111/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!