Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lance Armstrong's big F. YOU to the UCI and the USADA

He tweeted this pic of himself lounging below his winning Tour De France jerseys with the caption "Back in Austin and just layin' around..."

by Anonymousreply 5711/27/2012

Classy!

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

crazy

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

He cray-cray.

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

No one gives a shit about him. Over and out.

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2012

Can't wait for some guy to steal all those precious shirts and medals and Lance is left with nothing to gloat about.

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

Lance will be selling those for food at an autograph convention before too long.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

with this photo, a french sports page said:

Lance Armstrong sait-il que ses sept victoires au Tour de France lui ont été retirées ?

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

translation of R7:

Lance Armstrong does he know that his seven Tour de France victories have been removed?

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

Beyond delusional

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

He's right.

The whole sport was dirty. You couldn't compete at that level without cheating.

If that's so, then he did win the jerseys "fair and square" in the sense that he did train like mad and incorporated a successful doping regimen with his training.

The governing bodies and sponsors want things both ways.

They deliberately allowed a percentage of error into the tests and refused to tighten controls so results could be legally challenged. Only people doping excessively or stupidly got caught. It was still enough to maintain the facade of a clean sport.

Then, they went after Armstrong and made him a scapegoat rather than fixing the entire system to clean up the sport. Right now, the tech for cheating is still ahead of the governing bodies and they know it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

[quote]He's right. The whole sport was dirty.

If you're saying this, you must not follow the sport that closely. There are cyclists who were (and are) clean, but unfortunately didn't win as often as the cheaters, and thus are not as well known.

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2012

R10 You don't mention that he went out of his way to destroy those who spoke out against the doping in the industry.

He also bullied average folk who were subpeoned and put on trial to speak out against him. You know, people WHO HAD NO CHOICE in the matter and were simply telling the truth.

Any apologies from Lance to them?

But all of that behavior is perfectly acceptable because he's Lance Armstrong. And we're not.

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2012

I'm sure the French are pleased because they had a case of the big red ass over him winning.

This is like film noir, where I don't like any of the parties involved.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2012

He should just come out already.

That'll blow everyone's mind to infinity.

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2012

Will he ever just admit it and move on? What other employment skills does he have?

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

r11, from what I've read, they usually didn't compete at that level. According to Outside mag, they were on the American racing circuit.

Sorry, I don't have the link.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

Fun fact: One out the risks of steroid abuse is testicular cancer.

by Anonymousreply 1711/12/2012

Never liked him, even when he had two balls....

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

Are there any heroes in this story? There don't appear to be.

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

What about the talking mice? They were pretty heroic.

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

[quote]I'm sure the French are pleased because they had a case of the big red ass over him winning.

I don't recall them ever having an issue with multiple winner Greg LeMond. Probably because there was no reason to. LeMond was ond of the first to voice concern about Armstrong's association with the Italian doping doctor and it cost him dearly.

by Anonymousreply 2111/12/2012

LeMond was dropping a dime on Armstrong so he was doing what the French wanted. No reason for them to dislike him.

by Anonymousreply 2211/12/2012

If Lance gets stripped of his Bronze medal, it will go to Spain who finished 4th in that race.

by Anonymousreply 2311/12/2012

[quote]LeMond was dropping a dime on Armstrong so he was doing what the French wanted. No reason for them to dislike him.

The point was that Lemond was never a target of the French back when he won the Tour three times between 1986-1990. Before Armstrong even came along.

by Anonymousreply 2411/12/2012

They dropped a dime, and you dropped an e.

by Anonymousreply 2511/12/2012

So why did they hate Armstrong, R24? I know he's a jackass, but France is a nation of jackasses.

by Anonymousreply 2611/12/2012

He is not THEIR jackass.

by Anonymousreply 2711/12/2012

I suppose that's true, R27. They're pretty chauvinistic about who's allowed to be an asshole on their turf.

by Anonymousreply 2811/12/2012

Lance should learn the difference between lying around and laying around.

by Anonymousreply 3111/13/2012

I think they had the bigger "Fuck You" vs. Armstrong than vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 3211/13/2012

People like r10 are the kind who up until a few weeks ago were saying things like "there's no evidence he doped, it's all hearsay and he's passed over 500 drugs tests!"

by Anonymousreply 3411/13/2012

They removed Lance's wins, but are not awarding wins to any others in his place because they don't know if any of the other top places were clean either.

by Anonymousreply 3511/13/2012

Here's an article about Lance's homophobic jokes at the ESPY's 2006. Both involved Jake Gyllenhaal, who he was friends with at the time, and stemmed from Brokeback Mountain, of course. That's why I'm not crazy about Gyllenhaal either, the jokes were obviously with his approval. He's done a bit too much distancing himself from BM for my liking, as well as schmoozing with lizards like Armstrong.

by Anonymousreply 3611/13/2012

Way off, r34.

Re-read it again.

r35 is exactly right. If Armstrong was a known anomaly, the stats would have been changed and everyone moved up accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 3711/13/2012

That's why Lance still feels that he was the winner of seven Tour de France races....

because ALL of his competitors in the races were doping too.

So they all had equal advantage.

And he still prevailed.

by Anonymousreply 3811/13/2012

No, R38, NOT everyone was cheating and doping. The ones who cheated and doped beat the ones who didn't.

There was not an equal playing field, not everyone had the same advantage. Armstrong prevailed over some other cheating dopers and over honest, clean cyclists. He cheated and he should have lost to the people who didn't cheat.

by Anonymousreply 3911/13/2012

What an asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 4011/13/2012

Jerk

by Anonymousreply 4111/13/2012

There is no way to come back from this, not even an autobiography with "revelations" will help, believe me.

by Anonymousreply 4211/13/2012

He epitomizes "douchebag". I hope his other ball gets cancer too.

by Anonymousreply 4311/13/2012

Lance should team up with the moronic blood doping Tyler Hamilton. He claimed that the extra red blood cells in his system were the result of a stillborn twin that he'd absorbed while in the womb. FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 4411/13/2012

Whatever Tyler may have done or said in the past, r44, he more than made up for it with his memoir, The Seceret Race. Anyone who wants a full understanding of what was going on should read it (including r10 and r37, who are so naive it's quaint, but they probably don't want a serious understanding. R39 is quaintly naive too).

That pic Armstrong tweeted symbolises just what it was that set him apart from all the other cheaters. He was the mafia don of cycling doping.

by Anonymousreply 4511/13/2012

Realistically, most of us aren't going to read The Secret Race. But at least read an article about it, that was linked in r29/r30.

by Anonymousreply 4611/13/2012

Most of the riders in the 90's and early 00's did dope. The difference is that Armstrong's doping program was much, much better than everyone else's. His talent was not much, much better than others. Check out his journeyman record at the TDF before he boosted his run of the mill doping program to stratospheric heights.

Add that on top of the fact he LECTURED us on how little faith we had in his heroic return to cycling as a clean rider and then made himself a multi-millionaire off of the fairy tale. Great cyclists do make good money but not Tiger Woods/Kobe Bryant type wealth. Armstrong is reportedly worth around 125M. Most of that isn't from cycling. Wanna bet he made a ton off of his "charitable" activities.

by Anonymousreply 4711/13/2012

Why not, r46? It's entertaining, informative, a pleasurable and easy read (the co-author Dan Coyle is excellent) and relatively affordable/you can find it online. For those who want to explore this issue more, it's the best place to start.

Christmas is here soon, and The Secret Race would make a great Xmas present!

by Anonymousreply 4811/13/2012

He's basking in his own filth.

Lance is the new tubgirl.

by Anonymousreply 4911/13/2012

I still believe Armstrong could have gotten away with it if he weren't such a complete asshole.

A lot of evidence came to light because HE sued an insurance company for payment of "bonuses" he was promised for winning certain races.

Insurance company refused to pay because they maintained he won by cheating / doping.

You don't ever sue an insurance company if you have anything to hide. They are ruthless and have unlimited resources.

Also, Armstrong has just been a huge dick at every step of his career. He's a nasty, angry, thoroughly disgusting piece of shit.

Had he been a charming guy, people would have "wanted" to believe he was a hero. As it is, his nastiness made people want to go after him.

I am always amazed at people who want to be sorry asses (here, cheaters) AND assholes.

You can cut corners if you are charming, and you can be an asshole if your integrity is completely beyond reproach.

But it's pretty stupid to stomp around being an asshole when you have something to hide.

by Anonymousreply 5011/13/2012

Douche move.

by Anonymousreply 5111/13/2012

R47, Lance made millions from product endorsements and TV commercials for the products

by Anonymousreply 5211/14/2012

R52, yes, I know. But cyclists usually don't make it to the tune of high multimillions. The guy built his image and his earning power on being a heroic cancer survivor who won the TDF through sheer determination, hard work and talent. Guess what, many cyclists have those 3 factors and more. Some were much more talented than Armstrong ever was. They just didn't quite have his doping program.

So even if he earned most of his money through legit endorsement deals--they were earned on a corrupt and false image of the man and cyclist. I also believed Armstrong made a lot of money and picked up huge perks through his activities for Livestrong. Google how much money Livestrong has actually contributed to substantial cancer research and activities compared to the money spent on "awareness." Nothing wrong with advocacy but if a lot of that money is wasted on perks on one man, then it's wrong. I hope there will be investigations into how much of the donation and appearance fees that were reported to be for the Livestrong organization actually ended up up in Armstrong's personal bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 5311/14/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 5411/25/2012

Lance can say f u all he wants to UCI and the USADA but he's the one who got royally fucked. I hope they make him pay back all the money he earned as a direct result of his fraud.

by Anonymousreply 5511/25/2012

[quote]A lot of evidence came to light because HE sued an insurance company for payment of "bonuses" he was promised for winning certain races.

This is true.

Remember in 1991 Stella Nickell poisoned her husband by putting cyanide in his Excedrin. Then the autopsy failed to show the cyanide so they ruled it natural.

This made Stella mad as the insurance policy would pay out double if it were an accident. So she put cyanide in another Excedrin bottle and put it on the shelf in the store.

Someone bought it and took the pill and died. Then Stella claimed her husband also died and it was accidental and she should be paid the double amount.

The insurance company launched an investigation and Stella was found guilty of murdering two people.

by Anonymousreply 5611/26/2012

He must have called Chris Brown for advice.

by Anonymousreply 5711/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.