Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nearly 400,000 People Call On Macy’s To Dump Donald Trump

Nearly 400,000 People Call On Macy’s To Dump Donald Trump

By Judd Legum on Nov 12, 2012 at 12:22 pm

A grassroots campaign for Macy’s to end their association with Donald Trump has caught fire. Nearly 400,000 people have added their name to a petition on Signon.org for Macy’s, which exclusively sells Trump’s clothing line and fragrance, to dump the controversial businessman.

Trump gained prominence during the 2012 election for relentlessly promoting the discredited conspiracy theory that Obama was not born in the United States. He vocally maintains that Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery.

On Tuesday, Trump tweeted that the election results were “a travesty, a total sham, a disgusting injustice” and “urged Americans to march on Washington.” He claims global warming is “a concept created by and for the Chinese to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” Trump also promotes dangerous conspiracy theories about vaccines.

Macy’s touts themselves as a “socially responsible” company. Nevertheless, they have continued to embrace their relationship with Trump and will prominently feature him in its holiday Television ads.

by Anonymousreply 5712/02/2012

I signed the petition the other day.

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

Shouldn't this be a no-brainer for Macy's?

The guy is a self-confessed BIRTHER!

Are they not tolerating racism by keeping him?

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

who buys Donald Trump clothes - or fragrance

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

[quote]In the most clever twist, the role of the skeptic played by Wood in the movie is assumed by Mr. Trump, who has gained notoriety in recent months for voicing skepticism about President Obama’s birth certificate and college transcript. Mr. Trump is “always the one who delivers the one-liners” in Macy’s commercials, Ms. Reardon said.

[quote]For example, Mr. Trump asks Gwenn, “What’s with the get-up, Kris?” to which Gwenn replies, “I’m Santa Claus.” Mr. Trump says, “Let me see for myself” and pulls his beard, to which Gwenn responds, “Ouch!”

Why didn't he say "Lemme see your birth certificate"?

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2012

I signed.

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

I signed as well. Macy's should set an example as a business promoting equality, as well as respect for whom the majority of the country chose to elect as our national leader. When Trump started to use his "phony celeb status mouthpiece" to publicly insult America's President, he "was over&done" in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

Bump. We need to scare Trump silly. We also need to spread the new to boycott Celebrity Apprentice

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

See, what Donald doesn't realize is that he is hurting the social mobility of his children and future grandchildren. His children won't be viewed as having the wealthy, wise celebrity dad. Instead they will be looked down upon and even pitied in common opinion as having the father who went insane. While destroying his own legacy as a shrewd, competent business man he destroys his progeny's chances of claiming fine breeding in the generations to come. That's what he doesn't get. He comes first, his children are an after thought. Parents like this are infuriating and deliver the deepest hurt. So his children have to come to grips that they have a narcissistic father. We now how they are damaged and how.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

His useless kids are already looked down upon.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

He should have his head publically shaved

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2012

Thank you R11. That mouth is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2012

All he cares about is money. Well, we the 47% have a duty to deny him that!

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2012

Just shove an apple in it R12.

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2012

You’ve no doubt heard by now that Tuesday night on Twitter, Donald Trump called the re-election of Barack Obama a travesty, a total sham, a disgusting injustice. He also urged Americans to march on Washington. Earlier, he warned people to make sure their votes weren’t stolen, and he described global warming as “a concept created by and for the Chinese to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”

On Wednesday, he took on NBC News anchor Brian Williams, who said on air: “Donald Trump, who has driven well past the last exit to relevance and veered into something closer to irresponsible here, is tweeting tonight.”

A sampling of Trump’s taunting comments so far makes for some exciting reading. There’s this: “Brian, if I’m ‘well past the last exit to relevance’ how come you spent so much time reading my tweets last night?” And this: “Brian—Thanks dummy—I picked up 70,000 twitter followers yesterday alone. Cable News just passed you in the ratings.” And this: “Wouldn’t you love to have my ratings?” An NBC spokeswoman had no immediate comment on Trump’s tweets.

Which brings us to the main point about Trump: He’s always the main point. I reached him by phone this morning at his Manhattan office to see what the response had been and if he had any particular concern about his relationship with Macy’s (M), where he’s had an exclusive deal to sell ties, shirts, suits, and cufflinks since 2005. Some of those items are now 30 percent off on Macy’s website.

“The fact is that there’s a large group of people who like Donald Trump and what Donald Trump says,” says Donald Trump. “I have no regrets.” He has deleted some of his tweets, though. He says that’s because he was reacting when it seemed that Obama had won the Electoral College vote but not the popular vote. That’s right around the time that Republican strategist Karl Rove, on Fox News, began challenging Fox’s decision to call the election for Obama.

“I’ve been well-received,” Trump says. “I will have way over 2 million Twitter followers shortly.” At last count, he had 1,850,011. How many of those are in it for the sheer spectacle? Who knows? Retweets are not endorsements.

As for Macy’s, Trump is not worried about an online petition asking the retailer to sever its relationship with him. “As of late, Donald Trump has engaged in especially unpleasant, nasty and despicable behavior,” it states. “So act, and dump Trump.” So far, 1,568 people have signed on. (Update: As of 1:15 p.m. ET on Nov. 12, the petition shows more than 388,000 signatures.)

“We’re one of the hottest brands at Macy’s,” says Trump. “One of the reasons it’s so hot is that they’re great ties.” And the other is that “there is a large group of people who believe in what I say. The fact is the response [at Macy’s] will be the opposite,” of a problem, he says.

A few minutes later, I received a call from Cathy Glosser, executive vice president for global licensing at Trump Organization. “We do millions and millions of dollars of sales every year at Macy’s,” she says. “We’re extremely successful. They’ve been great to us and we’ve been great to them.” Macy’s did not respond to requests for comment.

Meanwhile, Trump’s All-Star Celebrity Apprentice, the 13th season in the series, began filming last month. It’s scheduled to air in March 2013 on NBC.

And Trump, by mid-day, seemed to be taking a different approach. “This was the Republicans’ election to win but they just blew it—reasons why to follow,” reads one tweet. And: “Our country is totally split right now but someday it will come together!”

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

Jesus, how many fucking animals were those assholes allowed to kill? They even killed endangered species.

And I just read they were so proud of having been able to "feed a village." Motherfuckers could've just written a check if they gave a shit about feeding people.

There are too many of Trump's vile spawn walking around. Put them out there on a gaming reserve and let the animals have some pay back.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1711/12/2012

[quote]He should have his head publically shaved

This is so excellent

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

[quote] His children won't be viewed as having the wealthy, wise celebrity dad.

My partner worked with Ivanka Trump on an ad campaign. Without divulging more and getting him in hot water, I'll just say that she's a scam artist and a grifter. The apple never falls very far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

Ties are made in China. I loved how Letterman ridiculed him and continues to ridicule him on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

Cher signed it!

by Anonymousreply 2111/12/2012

Now nearly 450,000.

by Anonymousreply 2211/12/2012

Donald Trump embarrasses me sometimes, I actually cried.

by Anonymousreply 2311/12/2012

Might be a stupid question, but is Macy's stock publicly owned?

by Anonymousreply 2411/12/2012

Oh Mary!

by Anonymousreply 2611/12/2012

I signed it against fat-necked bird-mouth and in the comments I said I will cut up my Macy's credit card and never shop there.

by Anonymousreply 2711/12/2012

Not stupid, R24.

Yes, Macy's (M) trades on NYSE.

by Anonymousreply 2811/12/2012

Here's the petition website

R28, everyone that signed the petition is expressing their opinion, Freedom of choice and freedom of expression.

by Anonymousreply 2911/12/2012

Yeah, I'm aware of that, R29. I already signed it, so your lecture is wasted on me.

by Anonymousreply 3011/12/2012

I've never smell it before, but I just have to imagine that Trump cologne smells like old man stank.

by Anonymousreply 3111/13/2012

R30, I think R29 probably meant R25...

Over 450K signatures. That's not insignificant, Donald. And those are just from the people who know about the petition.

by Anonymousreply 3211/13/2012

Would Macy's realistically be able to dump him if they have a contract with him? How would they break that? Also, maybe Dump Truck has a stake in the company - wouldn't surprise me. What people need to do is stop watching The Apprentice.

by Anonymousreply 3311/13/2012

not american but the stunts that men pulls are as ridiculous as they are dangerous and very petty.

Hate him

by Anonymousreply 3411/13/2012

I'll stop watching Celebrity Apprentice...after this next season!! OMG it's going to be an All Star season and I'm so totally psyched!

by Anonymousreply 3511/13/2012

Thanks OP. Just signed it and said Keep Trump and lose my business. Remember, Xmas is right around the corner.

I think the head-shaving would be an improvement.

by Anonymousreply 3611/13/2012

Macy's will drop Trump if his products don't sell. I don't know who would want to buy them, honestly. Fly over wannabe millionaires? If he doesn't sell, the lines will get smaller and eventually, quietly the contract will go unrenewed.

by Anonymousreply 3711/13/2012

It's moved up to 488K

by Anonymousreply 3811/13/2012

Can we call on Macy's to dump him into the ocean?

by Anonymousreply 3911/13/2012

You have to be retarded to watch his phony "reality" show.

by Anonymousreply 4011/13/2012

By all means dump him, it's high past time for America to pinch this loaf off.

by Anonymousreply 4111/13/2012

R41 - The Brits do kinda owe us between that Boston T-Dance and WW2... They should cage him for research.

by Anonymousreply 4211/13/2012

T-dance?

by Anonymousreply 4311/13/2012

Not only is Trump featured in the Macy's commercial with Kris Kringle but they had the gall to include a birther joke.

by Anonymousreply 4411/13/2012

R39 Great idea, but I am opposed to dumping trash in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 4511/13/2012

Somebody, at DailyKos or somewhere similar, needs to write an article about how his show was one of the first arrows of class warfare. It'd get sponsors to start pulling out. Think about it, it's about the rich powerful CEO getting to fire people for your entertainment. His show glorifies the Romney mentality of worshipping CEOs.

by Anonymousreply 4611/13/2012

Here's a good one, r46

by Anonymousreply 4711/13/2012

I think Macy's will only get the message if people start dumping their stock

by Anonymousreply 4811/13/2012

550k+ - keep it going!

by Anonymousreply 4911/14/2012

Thanks for the link r29. I signed.

by Anonymousreply 5011/14/2012

I signed, and forwarded to my friends.

Trump is a self-promoting blowhard assclown.

by Anonymousreply 5111/14/2012

Didn't a bunch of people call for a boycott of Macy's for saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas? They kept Happy Holidays.

by Anonymousreply 5211/14/2012

Sooooo..... this went, where?

by Anonymousreply 5311/24/2012

Well, they stopped running the commercial with Trump pulling on Kris Kringle's beard. The CEO of Macy's thinks it was the commercial with Trump that people were objecting to although this sounds disingenuous. I'm sure the 650,000 Black Friday shoppers who flooded the flagship store on 34th street negated the petition. Still glad I signed it though.

by Anonymousreply 5411/24/2012

Interest bump. Just about up to 700k. And Macy's has done what?

by Anonymousreply 5512/02/2012

[quote]I'm sure the 650,000 Black Friday shoppers who flooded the flagship store on 34th street negated the petition. Still glad I signed it though.

How much of Trump's ugly over-priced geezer crap did they buy? I'm guessing it will be drastically marked down soon.

by Anonymousreply 5612/02/2012

I'd like to get 400,000 people to TAKE a dump on Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5712/02/2012
Need more help? Click Here.