Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sick at Work: How to get through it

I slithered into work against my better judgment today because I have a huge meeting at 2 p.m. that I'm running. I feel vile. I have spent the majority of the morning in the bathroom. Short of wearing diapers to my meeting (sadly, I almost contemplated buying Depends), how can I get through this two-hour roundtable without it turning into a literal shit show (pun intended) ...? HELP.

by cube dwellerreply 811/12/2012

Go home. That's what sick days are for. Your coworkers don't want you there infecting them.

by cube dwellerreply 111/12/2012

Go away scat troll.

by cube dwellerreply 211/12/2012

Imodium AD. Go get it NOW, Tell anyone who needs to know why you're leaving the building that it's a medical emergency and you have to run to the pharmacy to pick up meds. If you take it soon you should be ok by the time of your meeting.

by cube dwellerreply 311/12/2012

Cinnamon tea works too, but Imodium is going to work better, and faster

by cube dwellerreply 411/12/2012

Can you have an assistant handle the meeting? Can u go home and use Skype or some type of net meeting option?

Even with Imodium, your nerves may not hold out.

by cube dwellerreply 511/12/2012

I forsee a new Butterfish thread.

by cube dwellerreply 611/12/2012

People who show up to work despite being sick are selfish. There's such a thing as teleconferencing, duh.

by cube dwellerreply 711/12/2012

Get up on the conference table and ask your co-workers if they'd like to see your awesome impression of a chocolate soft-serve ice cream dispenser. It's a light and humorous way to liven up a dull meeting.

by cube dwellerreply 811/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!