Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Yeast rolls for Turkey Day

Anyone have a recipe for really fluffy yeast rolls? So far the recipes I've found are too hard and biscuit like. I'm talking the ones that rise up and are fluffy and delicious and melt in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 811/13/2012

You don't want to know!

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

Thank you R1. I knew someone would mention Cheryl. :-)

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

chek the foonewok websit fo parkerhouse rolls nt too difficult recipes Martha Seward has some as well I have always had success

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

I have a wonderful recipe from my great aunt, but refuse to look for it for anyone who calls it "Turkey Day"..... It is THANKSGIVING.

The type of rolls you are wanting will start off with milk in a saucepan that is heated with butter and sugar until almost boiling but not quite... it will be called "scalded". Google "refrigerator rolls scalded milk" and you will come up with dozens of recipes that are almost alike. Use butter instead of shortening and add a bit more sugar and increase rise time by 20 minutes.... they will be those big balloon type rolls you are looking for.

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2012

Gobble Gobble, r4

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

Parker house rolls. And ps the subject of rolls caused a near riot over on the main turkey day/golden corrall thread.

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2012

Also check the King Arthur Flour website. They have great recipes.

by Anonymousreply 711/13/2012

Honey just buy the cheap frozen ones and add stick of butter

by Anonymousreply 811/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!