Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Benghazi and Petraeus

The wingnuts' latest make believe scandal against Obama. They are obsessed with this conspiracy theory.

My question: FOUR Americans got killed? Four, and they are hysterically reacting as if thousands had been killed like 9-11 or something.

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012

you read my mind.

I just finished up a bad discussion with my crazy Republican (1%) brother.

All he could talk about was Benghazi. When I brought up the fact that Dems didn't impeach anyone during 9/11's bogus claim of WMD and 4K Americans and trillions of $$ lost due to this lie...my brother's reaction: "4 Americans died while your President did nothing. Don't you care?!"

I say fuck the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

Exactly R1. The ambassador and his staff knew the dangers of working in a volatile country, the same as soldiers. Bad shit happens sometimes but, perspective, people, perspective. Four as opposed to thousands of civilians.

We can say the same. "Thousands died and Bush had advance intel, yet did nothing".

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

Classic comment:

[quote]The left now embraces drone killing including innocents. They now embrace assassinatin instead of capture. They don't want terrorists to be water boarded, they want them bombed to bits. Trying to make sense of the lefties like ******** will make your head hurt.

NOW they care. What about the thousands of innocent civilians we bombed to smithereens before? These people conveniently ignore shit until their side is losing.

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2012

They don't care about people - ever. They care about scoring political points.

In this case, I don't think I've ever seen a more glaring example of their embarrassing stupidity and hypocrisy than "Benghazi."

If Obama took what happened in Benghazi, blamed Iran and started a war, the right would be thrilled about it; that's the irony. Forget the whole Shia/Sunni thing - which they were too stupid to know about when some on the right (like Lieberman) attempted to connect Al Qaeda to Iran.

The rightwing is comprised of the most uneducated buffoons I've ever seen. They genuinely know nothing about the world and have zero introspection when it comes to their hypocrisy.

What they are doing now is tantamount to ignoring the alcoholic who not only beat his wife for years, but also got into a car and killed people, and instead, screaming about the teetotaler for sipping eggnog.

They hate Obama so much that they will create the most ridiculous conspiracies imaginable.

-Four Americans were killed on foreign soil. They were killed in a country currently going through transition. They weren't killed in the capital where the embassy is, they were killed at a consulate. The Libyans who were out there protesting (taking a cue from Cairo), ended up driving out the terrorists who were probably actually responsible for the deaths. Even the president of Libya apologized. This happened four years into Obama's presidency.

Let's compare that to who the right worships and pretends didn't do what they did:

-Bush&Co. received intelligence ***BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO ATTACK***

They did NOTHING. Within 9 MONTHS of Bush taking office, almost 4000 people were killed, not in some foreign country. HERE.

Reactions of Bush & Co? Let us use this to get the war we've been jonesing for since before 9/11. Let us (the PNAC) use the raw emotions of this country to attack a country and its people that had absolutely nothing to do with us not having protected the American people on our own soil. Let us out a CIA agent whose husband won't "cooperate." Let us also use this opportunity to cut the taxes of the wealthiest. Who cares if this war will cost the rest of them a trillion dollars? It's not like the lying, hypocritical dumb fucks who worship me will ever be honest about what I did. They'll pretend it never happened! They'll scream about how the left always blames Bush as though they ever got a chance to with my idiot minions screaming "traitors!"

Fuck the rightwing. Fuck their attempts to yet again USE the deaths of Americans for political gains. Mitt couldn't get to a mic fast enough when it happened.

This is why they will continue to lose. They can attempt to blame non-whites who "want stuff," but it only means they underestimate the intelligence of those who know a "duck" when they see it. Hypocrisy is out of control on the right and everyone but them sees it.

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

This would be the perfect opportunity for the rightwing to show they want to change.

If they (FOX) attempts to use this resignation for yet ANOTHER conspiracy theory against Obama, then you know they don't want to change.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

Never change, FOX. Never change:

"Fox News already promoting Petraeus conspiracy theory "

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

Faux barely covered the President's re-election. Too busy frothing at the mouth over Bengazzzzzz...

They are trying to make this non-scandal "happen" so that they can pretend they didn't get their asses kicked on Election Day. If we allow it, they're going to use it to harass the President for the next year.

Just treat it like Fast and Fur..zzzzz. The more we ignore these weak motherfuckers, the smarter we'll be.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

Several dozen embassy personnel (as well as local civilians) were killed in terrorist attacks during the Bush administration. As in MORE THAN 10 TIMES the number killed on Obama's watch.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

r3, you're just polarized in the opposite direction.

Think about the situation objectively for a minute.

The CIA is tasked with providing as close to real-time, accurate intelligence and analysis as possible in order to ensure security and safety of Americans abroad, and any State Dept staff.

Many times it's not the intelligence itself, so much as the timing of it.

The agency failed to predict this attack, they failed at judging the changing security levels needed as in a volatile, fluid situation, and they failed in informing the government what was going on on the ground as the attack happened.

That is a *serious* failure. The POTUS is ultimately responsible for not only the decisions made, but also for the political climate within the CIA that allows him to receive good intelligence.

I'm not saying this as a slam against the president. President Bush was notorious for politicizing his intelligence staff. General Powell was criticized, and rightly so, for not looking at the WMD issue objectively instead of politically.

The fact that General Petraeus is effectively being held to the same standard is not a bad thing.

Yes, there is a lot of Obama-bashing here. I get that, but I think people like you and others who are just putting this down to the Tea Party and Fox News are missing the larger point.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

How come none of them seem to care about the thousands who have been killed (many of them civilians) killed during the two unfunded wars?

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2012

Same reason they used to say "Saddam is killing his own people!"

It's all politics to the right; not a shred of compassion.

Bunch of lying vermin.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2012

What can Fox really say about Benghazi and Petraeus when he's one of their own?

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2012

R15? Enough.

You sound like Bachmann who tried to claim that when Libya went down, Obama was responsible for thousands of Libyans being killed.

How about we do a hypothetical body count if Romney and his neo cons got into office? Would you have preferred another war or two or three? Iran is not Iraq, that much I can tell you. Throw in the fact that Iraq is now controlled by Shiites, and let's see yet another clusterfuck the GOP would have created.

Considering the warmongers on the right, you really need to stop embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

This is a huge deal because it involved a US ambassador. It needs to be investigated. That said, there is no need for a witch hunt. So far, the administration seems to be telling the truth. It makes sense that they wouldn't know everything at once so the stories would be expected to change somewhat as more facts were discovered.

by Anonymousreply 1711/12/2012

Please. As if the rethugs wanted to spend the money necessary to fully protect every mission we have around the world.

There are limited resources to protect us abroad - there has to be triage and it isn't always easy to predict which spots will need more and which sites you have to take protection away from.

Soldiers and foreign service personnel understand the risks they take. They are braver than I am.

What possible conspiracy can this be? I guess they can ask him when he testifies. However if they ask him about his affair he needs to stand up and walk out.

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

What I find bizzare and incredibly stupid about our country is that Bush was given the highest presidential approval rating EVER after 9/11. The greatest attack in our nation's history occurs, and Bush is lauded. Genius. Yet 4 people die in Benghazi and the Repubs go batshit insane.

by Anonymousreply 1911/16/2012

R20 is a liar. Don't even bother debating this troll. The ambassador was not raped, nor dragged through the streets - these are lies told by the rightwing. File under "mushroom clouds and WMDs."

Disgusting rightwing will never learn.

Lies, lies, lies because the truth is like kryptonite to the.

by Anonymousreply 2111/16/2012

It wasn't the official embassy or official consulate in Benganzi that was attacked.

It was a compound that did not have safety features.

Many in the know have said the ambassador should never have been at this compound which doesn't have safety features and he risked his life unnecessarily by insisting on being a man of the streets.

Libya is currently extremely unsafe and was at the time of the attack.

When GW Bush was president, there were attacks on 10 or more embassies/consultates and many more deaths than four.

It is not uncommon. Republicans are just trying to make political hay just to stir up trouble and because they are mad they lost the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 2211/16/2012

But R21, what about blaming a per planned attack on an obscure movie? That's my biggest issue here. What's with the movie excuse for 2 weeks...

Honest question from an uninformed reader.

by Anonymousreply 2311/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.