Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DL Fav Anne Hathaway On The Cover Of Vogue

On her short hair: “I love the short-haired lifestyle. The only downside is having to get a hair cut every three weeks. But I’m turning 30, and — I hope this isn’t obnoxious to say — I feel prettier, and much more myself. I guess I just feel much more satisfied with less now.”

On knowing Les Miserables role was hers: “I knew that someone was going to have to go in there and do something pretty special to unseat me. Sometimes you leave a room and you feel like maybe you’ve left the door open a crack. This time, I knew that I had slammed it shut behind me.”

On losing weight for Les Miserables: “I had to be obsessive about it — the idea was to look near death. Looking back on the whole experience — and I don’t judge it in any way — it was definitely a little nuts. It was definitely a break with reality, but I think that’s who Fantine is anyway.”

by Anonymousreply 4411/14/2012

Has Anne always looked like an Easter Island head, or has it just recently started to kick in?

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

Hathaway has them scary, flat eyes. She's freaky looking. There's all kinds of wrong with her face and one of the DLers describes it much better than most can. Her weird face traumatizes me.

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

Poor dear. She had to lose 10 lbs for a part. What suffering. She better get an Oscar for it.

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

I think her Oscar campaign will be very annoying. This is the first time where I can see where DL is coming from regarding her pretentious ego.

by Anonymousreply 411/12/2012

Sally gained 25, and is going to win her third Oscar.

Suck it, Anne

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

Any references to "The Devil Wears Prada"?

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

R3 - It was more like 20.

I actually like the short hair now.

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

[quote][R3] - It was more like 20.

By Oscar time it will be 50lbs.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

equine face

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

She wants that Oscar BAD.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

R9 - She's a lot prettier than SJP.

by Anonymousreply 1111/13/2012

she was close to looking pretty a yr ago before the hideous weight loss and extreme pixie. she's looked thin and stressed since even though has gained wt back. Thought she seemed stressed and more hyper than usual during the SNL gig over the wkend altho maybe she's always like that.

she goes on about her new husband like he's the 2nd coming but I get absolutely NO sexual or romantic vibe from them when I see them in photos. He's a small guy who goes with her everywhere. thought he was her PA but just read he'll get a PRODUCING credit on her next film one assumes just b/c he's married to her (no quals otherwise). she's nuts didn't she learn not to mix business/personal with her last bf (italian con artist). this will end badly.

by Anonymousreply 1211/13/2012

She looks terrible on the cover. I liked 1 of her promo pics they had her do for this past weekend's SNL but in general she can't carry that short hairstyle...she just isn't pretty enough.

by Anonymousreply 1311/13/2012

I'm surprised she fit on one it a fold out?

by Anonymousreply 1411/13/2012

She should go back to the long hair. Suits her better. Plus, the pixie cut makes her look jug-eared.

by Anonymousreply 1511/13/2012

I'm probably the only one on here who thinks this, but I love her. She's a wonderful actress, had a great voice (no, not a perfect voice, but pretty damn good), seems to have her head on her shoulders and picks fairly decent projects. I'm a gay male, so her looks mean nothing to me, but she seems to be above average in the looks department, as well.

by Anonymousreply 1611/13/2012

[quote] had a great voice

r16 made a slip of the tongue

bug eyed, autotuned bitch who thinks her tits are all that.

by Anonymousreply 1711/13/2012

She makes Kate Winslet and Gwyneth Paltrow look down to earth and humble!

by Anonymousreply 1811/13/2012

I am w/ you (16). Anne totally rocks!

by Anonymousreply 1911/13/2012

Anne isn’t as sexy as other actresses but still more attractive than the majority of the general population.

Shes rare in Hollywood in that shes had no plastic or cosmetic procedures, possible exception her teeth being straightened/whitened. Nose chin cheeks lips hair boobs ass all original on her, a huge rarity which I find fairly admirable.

Don’t find her conceited if anything she seems an insecure ball of nerves in her interviews.

by Anonymousreply 2011/13/2012

And did we ever figure out if she really did Christian bale when they made the last Batman movie?

by Anonymousreply 2111/13/2012

What an egomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 2211/13/2012

She was very funny o SNL. She looks gorgeous and she's a great actress

by Anonymousreply 2311/13/2012

Well, it looks like she recovered from that Oscars fiasco. James Franco, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 2411/13/2012

Have to give her credit for not cracking up given how long she's been in that horrible business. I don't hold the conman against her, though there's still rumors that she was very much in the know about what he was up to. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 2511/13/2012

Franco's in the new Wizard of oz movie with Michelle williams and Mila Kunis he can't be doing that badly (cough).

by Anonymousreply 2611/13/2012

[quote]Have to give her credit for not cracking up given how long she's been in that horrible business.

Yes: movie stars have it so, so, so rough. The poor darlings!

by Anonymousreply 2711/13/2012

Hopefully it stays that way r24

by Anonymousreply 2811/13/2012

Look, she's got talent (acting and singing) and can be pretty but is not a stunner. Her personality leaves a lot to be desired too...that's about it, folks.

by Anonymousreply 2911/13/2012

I dont think she knew a lot about the bf's con stuff. She's an actress not a brain surgeon, had plenty of her own $ so didn't need to help him steal from others. I think she was young when she was with him and didnt want to give up on him until it was really obvious he was a crook.

by Anonymousreply 3011/13/2012

Ugh. She's the worst. She has zero personality.

by Anonymousreply 3111/13/2012

She's a dweeb, don't like one thing about her or any of her films, and I think she's unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 3211/13/2012

She's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 3311/13/2012

I think she has both unusual features and is a stunning beauty.

by Anonymousreply 3411/13/2012

heard she likes to get it in the anus

by Anonymousreply 3511/13/2012

The cut is terrible on her giant head with those disproportionately large features. Only a certain kind of fine boned pixie-human hybrid can get away with a hair cut like that. She looks even uglier now. Stop surrounding yourself w/ people who keep telling you you're hot, Anne. They are lying. That goes for Miley Cyrus as well.

by Anonymousreply 3611/14/2012

I concur, R36.

by Anonymousreply 3711/14/2012

Girls, despite what all your girlfriends tell you, girls do NOT LOOK GOOD WITH SHORT HAIR!

by Anonymousreply 3811/14/2012

[R20] if you google before and after photos you'll see that she's tweaked her nose and has had breast augmentation. Bitch has a reputation for disdain for the crew on movie sets and little people in general, like wait staff. It's amazing she hasn't caught on to similarity between her behavior and the character that Meryl Streep played in Devil Wears Prada. She's that THICK.

by Anonymousreply 3911/14/2012

by Anonymousreply 4011/14/2012

I believe her tits have been re-done. They're stupendous and defy gravity in LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS, an otherwise miss-able movie.

by Anonymousreply 4111/14/2012

R39 - if she had a boob job, it was before Havoc, and she was still young at the time, such that it could be natural growth,

by Anonymousreply 4211/14/2012

Now that you mention it, R39, definite nose job.

by Anonymousreply 4311/14/2012

If she’s had her boobs done it’s the worst job ever. They were misshapen and flopping all over the place in that movie. Looked very real to me (I’m a woman).

Same with her nose. If she’s had a nose job she needs to ask for her money back, it’s still ultra large for her face. I don’t see a difference. Her entire face and features look strange due to the big weight loss she’s had.

by Anonymousreply 4411/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!