Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING - Elmo is GAY! and accused of having sex with a minor!

Double whammy! 24-time (yep 24!) Emmy winner Kevin Clash -- the man known as the voice of Elmo -- has taken a leave of absence from Sesame Street in the wake of allegations he had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old boy, TMZ has learned ... allegations Clash adamantly denies.

We've learned ... Sesame Workshop lawyers recently met with a 23-year-old man who claims he and Clash began a sexual relationship 7 years ago ... when he was 16 and Clash was 45.

Clash has acknowledged to TMZ he had a relationship with the young man -- but insists it only took place AFTER the accuser was an adult.

Sesame Workshop honchos tell TMZ ... "In June of this year, Sesame Workshop received a communication from a young man who alleged that he had a relationship with Kevin Clash beginning when he was 16-years-old. This was a personal relationship, unrelated to the workplace. We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action."

Sesame Workshop officials acknowledge to TMZ they met with the accuser twice and had a number of other communications with him.

Sources with direct knowledge of the situation tell TMZ ... after the accuser's initial meeting with Sesame Street, the accuser felt Sesame Workshop's lawyers were trying to muzzle him ... so he lawyered up with Andreozzi and Associates -- the firm that represented one of the victims in the Jerry Sandusky child rape case.

On August 15, 2012 ... Andreozzi fired off a letter to Sesame, accusing the company of trying to "discredit the victim in order to protect its employee and the image of one of its most valuable characters," adding, "This approach places a greater value on a puppet than the well being of a young man."

Sesame Workshop officials tell TMZ ... they conducted a thorough investigation and determined the allegation of underage sex was unsubstantiated. They say they never tried to silence the accuser -- rather they asked for evidence supporting his claim, but he never produced it.

Officials also tell us they're suspicious because the accuser has an email which TMZ obtained -- purportedly sent to him by Clash, acknowledging they had the affair when he was 16. The officials say the accuser never mentioned such an email existed and they believe it's fraudulent.

But there were other emails between Clash and the accuser, and although they don't suggest there was underage sex, officials tell us they disciplined him for inappropriate use of company email.

Sesame Workshop honchos tell TMZ ... "Kevin insists that these allegations are false and defamatory and he has taken actions to protect his reputation. We have granted him a leave of absence to do so."

It is unclear why Clash wanted a leave of absence, since he denies the allegations of underage sex.

As for Clash, the voice actor tells TMZ, "I had a relationship with [the accuser]. It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not." Clash calls the accusations false and defamatory.

Finally Sesame Workshop officials tell TMZ the puppet is alive and well: "Elmo is bigger than any one person and will continue to be an integral part of Sesame Street to engage, educate and inspire children around the world."

by Anonymousreply 19706/01/2013

Elmo scared.

by Anonymousreply 111/12/2012

Hahahahaha

Hahahaha

That tickles!

by Anonymousreply 211/12/2012

Elmo Gay, I knew it LOL

by Anonymousreply 311/12/2012

Ah, that's sad.

by Anonymousreply 511/12/2012

Would have never guessed he's Black.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

Yeah, I don't get it. If Sesame Workshop investigated and didn't believe the boy's allegations, why did Clash take a leave of absence?

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

[quote]why did Clash take a leave of absence?

How do you know that he wasn't asked to take a leave of absence?

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

[quote]If Sesame Workshop investigated and didn't believe the boy's allegations, why did Clash take a leave of absence?

Do have any idea how much of a cash cow Elmo is? Of course they are going to say the support him. They need him to lay low for a while.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2012

There was a lovely documentary about Clash some time ago on PBS. It's a great story of a talented kid from Baltimore who made hsi dream come true. I think I'm gonna cry.

Anyway, if you go to pbs.com it's probably in their video section. I figured he was gay. Yes, applying all the usual bad stereotypes. Yes I am going to hell.

[quote] It is unclear why Clash wanted a leave of absence, since he denies the allegations of underage sex.

Because, moron, it is a devastating accusation to make. Clash is smart enough to know that there will always be people who believe it. Truth be damned. He travels the world as Elmo and as a rep of PBS meeting with kids and this may destroy his whole career and life.

Unless this man was raped what is the point of this? Even if he was 16 if it was consensual who gives a damn if it was technically illegal? Some of the age of consent laws are ridiculous and insulting and have no relation with reality. This guy wants money or is pissed that they broke up or is in "conversion therapy."

And, you know what, Elmo and Sesame Street may just be more important to the world than this one guy.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

I am suspicious of the timing of this AFTER the election while my name has been dragged through chicken shit.

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2012

R10, an adult in his forties who has a prominent role in children's television should know better than to indulge in a relationship with a teenage boy. Laws have less to do with it than the commonly accepted standards of appropriate behavior. It is generally held that people don't reach their majority until age 18.

Clash was an absolute fool to jeopardize his career and reputation over a fling with a kid one-third his age. Don't expect too many people who actually can help him to stick their necks out in his defense.

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2012

No matter what R10 the Elmo brand is going to take a hit.

Time for Elmo to retire and to bring someone new in.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2012

The late-night comics are going to have a field day with this.

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2012

The "Don't Tickle Me Until I'm 18 Elmo" is going to be this Holiday season's hottest toy.

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

Whether male or female, a 16 year old hooking up with a 40 year old is poor judgment on both their parts. If it was a 16 year old girl he'd also be derided like that actor who married that plastic high schooler last year.

Stupid mistake. Not criminal but it looks bad. Unfortunately, he's a black middle aged man who was accused of hooking up with a teenage boy. This could really ruin his career forever. If he were white or the teen was a girl he might have a better chance to scrape by the accusation.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

Yeah, what a stupid move.

However, here is one of my favorite Kevin Clash moments. He has a "meltdown" as Baby Sinclair on the set of Dinosaurs in 1993. Gets interesting at 2:00.

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

How soon before the NY Post starts referring to this as the SEXame Street Scandal?

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

Tickle Me, Elmo.

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

[quote] Not criminal but it looks bad.

No, I believe it is criminal according to the article. It calls the kid a minor and says Clash stands accused of sex with an underage person, so in whatever jurisdiction this took place in 16 years old is under the age of consent.

by Anonymousreply 2111/12/2012

It sounds consensual to me. Maybe it was the wrong thing to do, but I don't get why the younger party would bring this up now if it was consensual...

by Anonymousreply 2211/12/2012

Every time that somebody writes about how "Sesame Workshop investigated the matter" all I can picture is this:

by Anonymousreply 2311/12/2012

r22 under the age of consent means it cannot be consensual legally speaking. If the allegation is true then there are plenty of reasons the kid might bring it forward, anything from feeling exploited or otherwise bitter about what happened to being broke and feeling that he deserves cash over this.

by Anonymousreply 2411/12/2012

Several reasons come to mind, R22. Maybe he felt jilted by Clash and came forward out of revenge. Maybe someone in his life recently convinced him he was molested. Maybe he wants to write a book and be interviewed on the morning news shows. Maybe some third party heard the gossip and pressured the kid to go public.

We'll find out soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 2611/12/2012

Sesame must be filmed on New York and/or California. 16 is underage in both those states as the article and allegations suggest:

age of consent 17: Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Texas, Wyoming

age of consent 18: Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania1

by Anonymousreply 2711/12/2012

This is awful. If the allegations are true, it's either:

(1) Statutory rape, which anti-gay groups will use as "evidence" that gay men are sexual predators out to gain the trust of young people before taking sexual advantage of them; or

(2) Evidence of astonishingly bad judgment on Clash's part (assuming the boy was over the legal age of consent and did in fact consent), which anti-gay groups will use as "evidence" that gay men are sexual predators out to gain the trust of young people before taking sexual advantage of them.

And if the allegations are false, it will remain devastating to Clash, because there will always be people who associate him--and Elmo--with the scandal.

No matter what, this will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 2811/12/2012

R29, you do or don't presume Clash is lying?

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3011/12/2012

The doc r10 talks about is on Netflix instant. FYI.

by Anonymousreply 3111/12/2012

r29 I read the full article, that why everyone is talking about these claims as "allegations" and saying "IF this is true" and "IF this is false". It's early days yet, who knows what will come out. This is just a first announcement.

You are not everyone. Also kids brains are different than adult's.

Plenty of people would actually say that wanting to take some of a big pile of money from a faceless, greedy institution like a bank is actually more normal and natural than a 40 year old hooking up with a 16 year old kid.

by Anonymousreply 3211/12/2012

"This accuser was asked to provide proof that anything had happened before he was of age and he could not."

His sworn testimony is evidence; Clash's sworn denial is also evidence. If there's no corroborating evidence either way, we simply have a "he said/he said" scenario. Criminal prosecution in that case is highly unlikely (given the standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt). But that doesn't mean that there will always be people who believe the accuser--and people who use the accusations to further their own anti-gay agenda.

I don't know anyone who didn't find the story about the Green Mile actor and his 16-year-old bride to be creepy. But what makes this more damaging is that it will be exploited to validate one of the worst and most offensive stereotypes there is about gay men.

by Anonymousreply 3311/12/2012

How will this affect Ernie and Bert?

Will they split up?

by Anonymousreply 3411/12/2012

What's the big deal of shagging a miner? If Elmo wants to go down that path into the pits, let him go. Miners have a tough time getting laid with all that coal dust and schmutz.

by Anonymousreply 3611/12/2012

I don't think the accuser will get a lot of sympathy: they dated for years following with no apparent victimization.

This is payback or attempted blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 3711/12/2012

Elmo's favorite food is chicken!

by Anonymousreply 3811/12/2012

Me tell him, "Elmo no wanna play!" He stick his hand up Elmo's ass anyway!

by Anonymousreply 3911/12/2012

"Plenty of people would actually say that wanting to take some of a big pile of money from a faceless, greedy institution like a bank is actually more normal and natural than a 40 year old hooking up with a 16 year old kid."

Please, if this was a heterosexual male rocker hooking up with 16-year-old groupies no one would call this "unnatural"

by Anonymousreply 4011/12/2012

[quote]Please, if this was a heterosexual male rocker hooking up with 16-year-old groupies no one would call this "unnatural"

Remember that song from the 70s "You're Sixteen, You're Beautiful, and You're Mine"?

by Anonymousreply 4111/12/2012

If he was using the work Internet inappropriately (which i think i read Sesame Street acknowledged and he admitted), then there's probably other stuff they uncovered that is inappropriate but not necessarily illegal or directly related to this case. People are often way too careless with what they'll do from their work computers...

by Anonymousreply 4211/12/2012

This is sad. I've seen interviews with this guy and he seems so nice. I genuinely hope this allegation turns out not to be true.

by Anonymousreply 4311/12/2012

Elmo is a 'mo.

by Anonymousreply 4411/12/2012

[quote]Would have Republicans exploited this scandal during the election to deny PBS additional funding?

Look at the timing of this! TMZ only got to it in the last day or so. Clearly Sesame Workshop was dealing with this (and delaying, of course, wisely) since before the election. Since there was so much Big Bird backlash for Romney, I wouldn't be surprized if this accuser hasn't been encouraged and influenced by nefarious Republican politi-thugs. There is a much bigger scandal to be uncovered here!

Elmogate!

by Anonymousreply 4511/12/2012

[quote] Remember that song from the 70s "You're Sixteen, You're Beautiful, and You're Mine"?

Um make that 1960 by legend Johnny Burnette.

by Anonymousreply 4611/12/2012

r45, yeah and this will HURT GAYS!!!

by Anonymousreply 4711/12/2012

[quote] then there's probably other stuff they uncovered that is inappropriate but not necessarily illegal or directly related to this case

Please. That is complete speculation on your part. THIS is how lives are destroyed with no evidence or facts.

I don't know how this will end up but I wish more people who get falsely accused would sue the fuckers who make the accusations. But I do understand why they don't.

by Anonymousreply 4811/12/2012

St. Elmo Flaming!

by Anonymousreply 4911/12/2012

It's a he said/he said. Clash already admitted that they hooked up but that it was after the other guy was 18.

They aren't going to find evidence. It's still going to ruin Clash's reputation. If the other guy felt exploited and that's why he's coming with this accusation now, it's also going to make him look bad b/c people are going to assume he's doing this for money. Either way both guys are going to look bad no matter who's telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 5011/12/2012

Entertainers who work for kid shows are not supposed to have any sexual relations!

by Anonymousreply 5111/12/2012

The accuser might be a victim but because it took so long and it's after the relationship (presumably) ended, it looks like a jilted lover thing. Not much sympathy from people in that regard.

However, this can destroy Kevin's career. People will automatically judge, sentence and execute their judgement based on speculation (and tone of the article they read). Dumb move by Kevin hooking up with anyone under 25. In his position, he really did need to think about the whole picture and not just himself. He seems like a nice guy, even if I can't stand Elmo.

by Anonymousreply 5411/12/2012

[quote]They aren't going to find evidence. It's still going to ruin Clash's reputation. If the other guy felt exploited and that's why he's coming with this accusation now, it's also going to make him look bad b/c people are going to assume he's doing this for money. Either way both guys are going to look bad no matter who's telling the truth.

Which is why this is all very sad.

by Anonymousreply 5511/12/2012

R53, you seem to be all over the place. Maybe I'm misreading you. Are you saying "a relationship like this would not be remotely appropriate" if it had started at 16? Or are you still maintaining it's inappropriate if it started at 18?

I don't think we have any right to say what is appropriate or inappropriate based on age if it's legal. Now it might have been inappropriate if Elmo has been his teacher or in a supervisory position but that doesn't seem to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 5611/12/2012

I did some work on the release of Being Elmo. Everyone working on it with me was baffled as to why the doc, which was otherwise very good, explicitly omits any reference to Clash being gay.

by Anonymousreply 5711/12/2012

If there's grass on the field...

by Anonymousreply 5811/12/2012

The 70s cover of "You're Sixteen" was sung by Ringo Starr. It went to #1 and everything !

by Anonymousreply 5911/12/2012

Hooray for Ringo. I loved his version. I thought the poster was suggesting something about the song's sentiment based on the era of the 1970s. So I wanted to point out that these were acceptable sentiments back in the allegedly dark ages of the late 1950s early 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 6111/12/2012

[quote]I don't think we have any right to say what is appropriate or inappropriate based on age if it's legal.

Whether or not we have the right, the fact is that many, many people--including, I am sure, the parents of many Sesame Street viewers--look at relationships between forty-somethings and 18-year-olds as sleazy and unsavory. It's Clash's legal right to have as many consenting 18-year-old boyfriends/sex partners as he pleases, but given the circumstances of his employment, it's just not smart or practical.

by Anonymousreply 6211/12/2012

R60, you don't get it. It was not inappropriate if the accuser was of legal age. Period. You're worried about appearances and that same thinking could easily apply - and has unfairly applied - to other irrational fears like the fact that a GAY MAN was being used to reach children of any age. Eeek!

What the hell would children that age understand or care about Elmo's relationships off stage?

Sorry but you're just feeding ignorant hysteria and the idea that a gay man must follow some unwritten and biased "rules" - see the 25 or under age "rule" proposed above. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 6311/12/2012

r57, why would working on a documentary give you or any of your colleagues the right to slander and defile this man's name? This man is - by all accounts - a very respectable and well-loved figure. Why would a documentary about the character he plays sling mud on him and ruin his good name?

by Anonymousreply 6411/12/2012

We wouldn't be "slandering his name", r64. The whole point is that it was public knowledge that Kevin Clash was gay, but for some reason when the documentary was showing a lot of Clash's home life and family and discussing his divorce, every single mention or allusion to the fact that he came out as a gay man was scrubbed from the final cut. We didn't get why. It was a glaring hole in the film.

by Anonymousreply 6511/12/2012

Elmo isn't gay, his voice is!

by Anonymousreply 6611/12/2012

The documentary was very good.

by Anonymousreply 6711/12/2012

Maybe because there would be no basis for including it. What does the craft and art of this person performing Elmo have to do with that? There would be no point in slandering him.

by Anonymousreply 6911/12/2012

Thank god this came out AFTER the elections, or else the tea party would have a field day with this one.

by Anonymousreply 7011/12/2012

In small words, Troll R64/R69:

(a) It cannot be slanderous if it is true.

(b) Being identified as "gay" is not slanderous in any event, even if not true.

If your objection is that the information was not relevant to the documentary, that's a valid point for discussion. But "slanderous" it is not.

by Anonymousreply 7111/12/2012

r69, you clearly did not see the film.

The film focuses equally on the Elmo phenomenon and on Clash and his personal life, history and family. It discusses his daughter and family and divorce at length. But for whatever strange reason, it completely sidesteps the fact that his family broke up because he came out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 7211/12/2012

R63,you are morally bankrupt.

by Anonymousreply 7311/12/2012

This is why they ('re going to) hate you. More.

by Anonymousreply 7411/12/2012

It didn't discuss his divorce "at length."

by Anonymousreply 7511/12/2012

R63 is making the most sense.

by Anonymousreply 7611/12/2012

Another fifty-ish year old mand chasing after someone around 30 or more years younger than him. Yeaaaaa ...that's gonna last long term.

by Anonymousreply 7711/12/2012

R61 You can include Van Halen's HOT FOR TEACHER and Benny Mardones INTO THE NIGHT to your list.

Clash should have used common sense, bottom line. ESPECIALLY given his job. However, if the kid is lying and just being vindictive, then he's a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 7811/12/2012

You think it's a coincidence that Elmo's beloved pet goldfish is named Dorothy?

by Anonymousreply 7911/12/2012

Apparently the accuser was tired of being fisted.

by Anonymousreply 8011/12/2012

Exqueeze me, Elmo is BISEXUAL. Obvi, he did it with Katy Perry and about 20 other female special guests over the years. I hear he's even personally requested some of them just to fulfill his carnal fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 8111/12/2012

If it's true, then no, he's not GAY. He's a PEDOPHILE.

by Anonymousreply 8211/12/2012

You're a moron, r82.

by Anonymousreply 8311/12/2012

My ADD ass read "...having sex with a mirror" and thought... well, thought less.

by Anonymousreply 8411/12/2012

[quote]Age of consent should be 15 or 16 in every jurisdiction. At 15 I knew exactly what I was doing and whether I wanted a sexual relationship or not.

All right then, it's settled, you knew what you wanted, thus the laws must be consistent with your experience.

by Anonymousreply 8511/12/2012

It's a scandal! The media has a scandal to sell papers, page views, and ads with and get a spike in ratings!

by Anonymousreply 8611/12/2012

It matters which state this took place because it some states 16 is legal.

by Anonymousreply 8711/12/2012

The United Mine Workers haven't said anything about these charges. I know they will stand up for their fellow miner even though it's a puppeteer that has canoodled his member. Seems it would have been very messy with a puppet on one of your arms, but I presume they are quite dexterous.

by Anonymousreply 8811/12/2012

Fisting at 16? They grow up so fast these days!

by Anonymousreply 8911/12/2012

16 years old is not quite pedophile territory. It's the age of consent in most of Europe.

I was ready to go when I was 16!

My brothers and I were also molested by our own father from ages ?? to 12, then he was done with us when we started puberty and learned to say "NO!". THAT's a pedophile. We put his ass in jail decades later.

Didn't know the Elmo voice guy is black. He's absolutely adorable. The teen brat was a lucky guy. 16 year olds can make their own choices -- unless drugs are involved.

It would appear that seven years later he's trying to do a shakedown for cash.

by Anonymousreply 9011/12/2012

r87, for some it matters more what the age limit is in their own state and pass judgment based on their local laws instead of taking other states' rules and laws in account which results in demands about having one single nation wide legal of age definition and law put in place.

by Anonymousreply 9111/12/2012

The age of consent in many places in the world is 14 and 15. What right do we have to demonize two people who want to naturally share and enjoy each others bodies? Young boots are very attuned to their sexual needs and while their desires may be still forming they need an outlet and a guiding hand.

by Anonymousreply 9211/12/2012

Well, the problem is that when a relationship based on love, romance, and understanding ends it turns ugly and then the shit is flying high in the air with accusations like 'you fucked me while I was underage, you PEDO!'.

Love sure doesn't last forever, but a sex offender charge stays with you forever (payback is a BITCH!). Fair or no fair, that's the state of things.

by Anonymousreply 9311/12/2012

What's the different between immoral and amoral? I keep getting confused after a busy day fisting a puppet.

by Anonymousreply 9411/12/2012

Clash is an incredible performer and Elmo a one-of-a-kind creation. I hate to think that either will be sullied by this "scandal" -- but I fear they will be, whether or not the underage allegations are proved.

by Anonymousreply 9511/12/2012

Just because you can turn right on red in some states doesn't mean it's [italic]morally right.[/italic] All good citizens will condemn these reckless drivers in every situation, regardless of their state of residence.

by Anonymousreply 9611/12/2012

[quote]What right do we have to demonize two people who want to naturally share and enjoy each others bodies?

Nobody's demonizing Clash; just saying that what he did wasn't a great idea for a guy in his position.

[quote] Young boots are very attuned to their sexual needs and while their desires may be still forming they need an outlet and a guiding hand.

They don't need an outlet and guiding hand from someone 20 or 30 years older. They really don't. Some teenagers may *want* that, and some older teens may do just fine--great, even--if they get it. But no teenagers are going to wither up and die—and many will benefit—if their pool of sex partners is restricted to guys near their own age.

by Anonymousreply 9711/12/2012

Morally Right? Is he right just because he's married to Connie Chung?

by Anonymousreply 9811/12/2012

Elmo's collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 9911/12/2012

WWOMMD?

by Anonymousreply 10011/12/2012

[quote]The "Don't Tickle Me Until I'm 18 Elmo" is going to be this Holiday season's hottest toy.

More like "Pickle Tickle Me Elmo." haha

by Anonymousreply 10111/12/2012

I've wondered if Kevin Clash was gay since he made his first appearance on The Rosie O'Donnell Show about 15 years ago. I think it was the first time the public saw who was the person behind Elmo. Either he was gay or a nerd because it is unlikely an average heterosexual black male would be a puppeteer.

by Anonymousreply 10211/12/2012

It's not a surprise that someone who works with partner who's swathed in fabulous red fur is gay.

by Anonymousreply 10311/12/2012

R68 hates gay men

by Anonymousreply 10411/12/2012

r65, EVERYONE I know who has seen Being Elmo was expecting that as a third-act revelation or something. It definitely is a noticeable hole in the film.

by Anonymousreply 10511/12/2012

16 = age of consent

Nothing to see here.

Haus frau harpies, get going!

by Anonymousreply 10611/12/2012

I don't get the controversy. So he groomed a 16 year old to be an eventual sexual partner. It's kind of like 'Gigi'. Maybe the parents were relieved to see that their son was going to be taken under the wing of a financially secure man.

by Anonymousreply 10711/12/2012

"I don't get the controversy. So he groomed a 16 year old to be an eventual sexual partner. It's kind of like 'Gigi'"

Thank heaven for little boys...

by Anonymousreply 10811/12/2012

Damn, he's *really* handsome. Terrific smile.

by Anonymousreply 10911/12/2012

Is this wrong?

by Anonymousreply 11011/12/2012

At 30, Elmo's hole had gotten too loose. It was like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

by Anonymousreply 11111/12/2012

Elmo the pedo.

by Anonymousreply 11211/12/2012

My nieces are obsessed with Elmo. They really love him. What is it that makes kids love elmo so much? The ridiculous voice?

by Anonymousreply 11311/12/2012

R20, marry me!

by Anonymousreply 11511/12/2012

Um, you people seriously don't know where Seeame Street is based?

Really?

It's filmed on locations in NYC.

The age of consent in NY State is SEVENTEEN, NOT sixteen as someone else falsely reported on this thread.

Sesame Workshop's absurd "internal investigation" which holds zero authority in the real world notwithstanding, Clash is in very serious trouble.

He has already admitted to the relationship.

His career is over.

by Anonymousreply 11611/13/2012

Keep your kids away from child entertainers!

by Anonymousreply 11711/13/2012

Rosie just loves him

by Anonymousreply 11811/13/2012

Does it bother anyone else that what this guy did is legal in some states, but in other states he could be put in prison for years?

by Anonymousreply 11911/13/2012

[quote]It's filmed on locations in NYC.

Most of it is taped at the Kaufman Astoria studios in Astoria, Queens, which has been its home for the last 20 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 12011/13/2012

Seriously, Elmo is not gay. He is a puppet. The man behind Elmo is gay and maybe entrenched in a sex scandal with a minor.

Elmo is a nice guy/monster. My little brother and sister loved him growing up. Elmo is the best.

The question is can Elmo go on without Clash up inside him. I love Elmo he cannot be damaged by this.

by Anonymousreply 12111/13/2012

He's an idiot.

I know, I get the legality argument - there's a chance he did nothing illegal. But, illegality only matters in regards to being prosecuted and facing some sort of legal punishment.

As others have stated, there's a lot of "morality" and social expectations that aren't necessarily based on whether the behavior is illegal or not. you can agree with that or not, but until the overwhelming view is consistent with yours, its best to act accordingly IF you worry about losing something -- like your reputation, or a job.

I'm well aware that there are plenty of sexually mature young men who are 15-18, and who wouldn't exactly be traumatized or victimized by having sex with an older man. But, Elmo had to have known that regardless of any one young man's readiness or maturity, sex between men of such varying ages is very much looked down upon by a LOT of people, and there are consequences to be paid due to those social norms and popular morality.

I know "it just doesn't look good" isn't exactly a sophisticated argument, but you know how people are and how they react. You can rightfully argue until you're blue in the face about how those social norms need to change. But, until they do, anyone who does what Elmo allegedly did has to know they're at risk for this kind of shit, and risk losing a lot, especially in an the business he's in.

If he's into young dudes, even dating a college student in his 20s would make an enormous difference.

by Anonymousreply 12211/13/2012

Maybe they had a courtship/friendship that start when the kid was 16 and it became sexual when he turned 18... either way, I don't think Clash should lose his livelihood over this and this 23 year old should feel ashamed for doing this to somebody who I doubt took advantage over him.

by Anonymousreply 12311/13/2012

"Show me on this Muppet where the bad man touched you."

by Anonymousreply 12411/13/2012

Why are all of my heroes perverts? Peewee Herman and now Elmo.

by Anonymousreply 12511/13/2012

All puppeteers are creepy as shit and, I expect, not wrapped too tight.

by Anonymousreply 12611/13/2012

This incident just gives the angelical christian right the ammo for gay = pedophile.

Anyone watch Nancy Grace last night? She heard she did one hour on the Elmo scandal.

by Anonymousreply 12711/13/2012

"Does it bother anyone else that what this guy did is legal in some states, but in other states he could be put in prison for years?"

Yeah, but statutory rape laws have always been very random

by Anonymousreply 12811/13/2012

Elvis dating a young Priscilla is romantic but Elmo's just a perv?

where is the justice.

by Anonymousreply 12911/13/2012

"Elvis dating a young Priscilla is romantic but Elmo's just a perv?"

Yeah, people are always more eager to throw the pedophile/perv label at gays than at straight guys. Look at Mark Foley - he sends sexual messages to some 17-year-old boys and he's a pedophile....but all the rockers who sleep with girls even younger than that are just "wild" and horny.

by Anonymousreply 13111/13/2012

I'm sorry but is it just me or is this current generation of teenagers straight up WHORES? Because I've been eye-fucked and openly flirted with by teenagers on more than a couple of occasions. Now granted, I still get carded at times but there's no way in hell I can remotely pass as one of their peers. And I think to myself, WHAT IS THIS? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? I mean is it the easy access to internet porn. IDK All I know is, I would have never dreamed of doing such when I was in high school.

by Anonymousreply 13211/13/2012

Why is it in these cases that the person being accused is ALWAYS considered guilty in the media right off the bat? Just because someone says something about another doesn't mean it's true no matter what the crime may be. The accusation has to be PROVEN first!

Now if Elmo is indeed telling the truth, his life is completely ruined because of the words of this little money-hungry fame whore.

There hasn't been a trial or any evidence to prove Elmo's guilt at all, yet all over the news he's being nailed to the cross!

WTF's wrong with this country? So quick to charge, but the law says "innocent until PROVEN guilty" for all.

by Anonymousreply 13311/13/2012

R133, you make valid points. Unfortunately, when a man admits to having a fling with an 18-year-old when he was 47, it's not too big a stretch to imagine the older man might have begun the affair when the kid was not yet legal.

A man with a prominent role in children's television should have shown better judgment in the first place. Face reality: teenager guys aren't expected to have wholesome, selfless reasons to be attracted to any man in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 13411/13/2012

The accuser has recanted.

by Anonymousreply 13511/13/2012

Wonder if Nancy Grace will do a follow-up tonight.

And I'm wondering if someone got to the 'accuser'

by Anonymousreply 13611/13/2012

Thanks for ruining my career, asshole, or at least making people doubt my integrity. -Elmo.

by Anonymousreply 13711/13/2012

This sudden reversal actually makes things seem a little more suspicious for me, even though it's possible that the accuser was lying and just didn't think the story would become so big.

Always thought Kevin was really handsome. Wonder if this scandal dragged him out of the closet? I've seen him interviewed a few times and I know he's mentioned having kids. I know plenty of gay men have children, so I looked it up, and he divorced with a grown daughter. He released a book in 2006 and talked about how the stress of working on Sesame Street led to that relationship's collapse.

by Anonymousreply 13811/13/2012

Wow, the accuser recanted and Elmo's reputation is now tainted with this. Hope it was worth what he did to his career. There will always be someone who will never hear about the recanted statement.

by Anonymousreply 13911/13/2012

Not everyone recants because they were lying to begin with, R139.

He may have never anticipated how big the story would get and the focus on him personally. Or, he could have been simply been paid off.

I'm not saying that's the case at all, but it happens.

by Anonymousreply 14011/13/2012

R141, while it is true that he was married to a woman and has an adult daughter, he does not call himself bisexual. He calls himself a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 14211/13/2012

I suspect the accuser was looking for $$$$

I think Clash didn't take him seriously and called his bluff.

But once he went public, I think Clash had no choice but to pay up.

Hence the quick turn-around in the story.

by Anonymousreply 14311/13/2012

The guy probably started this off due to a lover's quarrel. The shit hit the fan and the guy realized that this would drag him and Clash both down. That's why he recanted but the damage is done. Notice how the accuser's name never became public. He knew that this would follow him if he decided to play hardball. Feel bad for Clash. He was stupid to hook up with an 18 year old but he's not a pedophile who deserved to get trashed like this.

by Anonymousreply 14411/13/2012

I agree with 144.

On the plus side - Clash will have gay guys in the NY metro area queuing up to date him now they know....

by Anonymousreply 14511/13/2012

When I was 16 I wanted a guy to stick his dick deep inside me and I was certain of this. You guys can blast me as a pedo or whatever but in plenty of civilized parts of the world the age of consent is 16.

by Anonymousreply 14611/13/2012

The kid got too old for Clash. The old perv was probably sniffing around for more tender chicken.

The kid got jealous, ergo, drama.

by Anonymousreply 14811/13/2012

I really cannot abide Elmo. But kids apparently love him & Clash seems like a good guy, so I hope his career recovers from this.

by Anonymousreply 14911/13/2012

The damage has been done though; the recanting won't change that.

Now when people here the Elmo voice they will think 'pedophile'.

Hard to fathom how an anonymous accuser can do so much damage. Just tragic all around.

by Anonymousreply 15111/13/2012

The accuser didn't go to the police, instead after seeing that the Sandusky's victims got a payday, He went straight to Sesame Street, looking for his big windfall. He has now retracted his accusation.

NEW YORK – The man who accused “Sesame Street's” Kevin Clash of having a sexual encounter with him when he was 16 has retracted his statements, ending the drama surrounding the PBS Elmo puppeteer.

In a statement sent to FOX 411 from the unnamed accuser’s attorneys at Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., the 23-year-old took back his allegation.

“He wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship,” the statement read. “He will have no further comment on the matter.”

Clash, who has taken a leave of absence to deal with the accusation, is happy to be done with the investigation.

"I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest,” Clash said in a statement sent to FOX 411. “I will not discuss it further."

by Anonymousreply 15211/14/2012

As others have surmised, it is possible the accuser got a payout of some kind. Elmo is Big Money merchandising. Many people have much interest in protecting that brand name.

I still say Clash was a fool at his age to trifle sexually with a teenager even if he hadn't a career and a valuable character to protect.

by Anonymousreply 15311/14/2012

And you can call me a unicorn just because I tried to be one R154. That doesn't make me one.

by Anonymousreply 15511/14/2012

Because no gay man has ever been married or fathered children, right R154?

by Anonymousreply 15611/14/2012

This is why you don't date or fuck around with anyone from the Twitter age unless you're in the same demographic. Old men should know better.

by Anonymousreply 15711/14/2012

R158 you never heard of In-Vitro?

by Anonymousreply 15911/14/2012

Not even necessary R154. Many gay men have fathered children in the usual way. Doesn't make them bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 16011/14/2012

True, R160.

It's the gay--man-married-to-a-woman version of "just dive in there and think of Jesus."

by Anonymousreply 16111/14/2012

Sorry kid at R162. My personal experience trumps your little fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 16311/14/2012

Kevin may survive this as Elmo is just a voice.

I can hear this at the Daytime Emmys now tho:

"Kevin Clash couldn't be here tonight. We accept this award on his behalf."

by Anonymousreply 16411/14/2012

You don't have to find a vagina attractive to fuck a woman.

And comparing vegetarianism to sexuality is ludicrous

by Anonymousreply 16611/14/2012

You have to wonder why someone would be that invested in someone being bisexual versus gay.

I'm sure it's personal.

by Anonymousreply 16811/14/2012

"So many gay men are pedophiles"

Nope. Studies show that gay men are not more likely to be sexually attracted to children than straight men are.

Anyway, this guy is not a pedophile. He is attracted to young adult men.

by Anonymousreply 16911/14/2012

Yes r167, and I did, several times, when my imagination and my dick were better connected, as in my MALE youth. You are clearly a disgruntled woman

by Anonymousreply 17011/14/2012

[quote][R166], does that mean you will fuck unattractive ugly old man too?

Are you really so stupid and unobservant that you think this world has any shortage of reasonably young and attractive men and women who have indeed fucked ugly old men when a compelling enough reason—such as the old man's cash—presented itself?

People can and do fuck people to whom they are not the least bit attracted all the time, for myriad reasons. Countless closeted gay men have fucked women in an attempt to prove to themselves and the world that they are not really gay.

by Anonymousreply 17111/14/2012

[quote]When I was 16 I wanted a guy to stick his dick deep inside me and I was certain of this. You guys can blast me as a pedo or whatever but in plenty of civilized parts of the world the age of consent is 16.

Thank you. I remember being 16 and how desperately I wanted dick 24/7. But there is a difference between being a regular 16 year old with hormonal craziness and being a 16 or 17 year old whore waiting for a come-up. All that depends on what kind of values your parents give you. Some people are dumb enough to not have discretion enough to know that these kids are at volatile ages and should be left alone until they can develop some character.

by Anonymousreply 17211/14/2012

Wit and wisdom for r171

by Anonymousreply 17311/14/2012

Remember the old days when you had a press conference? Here's the little tramp.

by Anonymousreply 17511/15/2012

R176 is probably that BisexuaL NUT LATINAGIRL

by Anonymousreply 17711/15/2012

And r178 proves, once and for all, that she is an idiot

by Anonymousreply 17911/15/2012

She's a WOMAAAN!!!

by Anonymousreply 18011/15/2012

That photo was taken in 2009 so think how femmy he looked when he was 16!

Elmo is bi and tranny chaser.

by Anonymousreply 18111/15/2012

So it's over?

by Anonymousreply 18211/15/2012

Damage has been done, r182.

by Anonymousreply 18311/15/2012

Do you think the first Elmo accuser is jealous that the second Elmo accuser is incredibly GLAMOROUS? He's rather lovely. puerto RICAN.?

by Anonymousreply 18411/20/2012

ugh, both of them are hideous.

by Anonymousreply 18511/20/2012

If I were an Emmy-winning puppeteer I'd go for higher-quality jailbait.

by Anonymousreply 18611/20/2012

[quote]Cecil Singleton claims that while they never had sexual intercourse, the two did engage in several sexual activities together ... including "groping, masturbation, intense kissing, dry-humping." ... Singleton says they had sexual intercourse years later ... when Cecil was an adult.

It's all very strange.

by Anonymousreply 18711/20/2012

The first accuser looked hot and relatively masculine in some of his pics. The latter dude looks downright transgender, not a lick of masculinity in him.

by Anonymousreply 18911/20/2012

So is the DL opinion still "conspiracy" or did Clash really do something wrong?

by Anonymousreply 19011/20/2012

Clash says that he is a proud gay man, but is the second person accusing him of rape a trans woman?

by Anonymousreply 19111/21/2012

adults shouldn't sleep with 15 year olds. I'm a mom and I know how young 15 really is. it's a violation. the child should experiment with sexuality with other people of similar ages, if he experiments at all.

if this asshole touched my kid, I'd destroy him. it's not the sex so much as the way the relationship dynamic (old dude, young kid) warps the teen for life.

i love Elmo, but Clash is kind of disgusting. It would be nice if none of this was true.

it doesn't matter if the teen wants it. it's still a violation of the teen.

by Anonymousreply 19311/21/2012

"the child should experiment with sexuality with other people of similar ages"

Says who? Gotta love those statutory rape laws - 15-year-olds can sleep with 17-year-olds, but if they sleep with 18-year-olds then the 18-year-old should be arrested and put on the sex offender regsitry. Sex is sex - who cares if it's with a kid or an adult as long as it is consensual?

"it's not the sex so much as the way the relationship dynamic (old dude, young kid) warps the teen for life"

Plenty of teenagers have slept with adults and have not been damaged by it at all.

by Anonymousreply 19411/21/2012

who cares if it's with a kid as long as it's consensual? listen to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 19511/21/2012

Good I want to have that fntacy abelduke@hotmail.com

by Anonymousreply 19611/28/2012

Kevin Kiaddi, 25, one of four men who say they had sex with Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash when they were underage, was beaten outside Prospect Park in Brooklyn Wednesday night. A gay man who is a plaintiff in the Elmo sex scandal was the victim of a gay-bash bias attack, it was revealed Friday. Police arrested five men who they say screamed anti-gay slurs as they beat Kevin Kiadii, 25, outside Prospect Park in Brooklyn Wednesday night, sources said. Kiadii is one of four young men who claim they had sex while they were underage with Kevin Clash, the former Elmo puppeteer.

Kiadii told police that he was on Empire Blvd. near Flatbush Ave. at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when he spotted four drunken men carrying another man out of the park. When he offered the wobbly stranger his pineapple soda, the suspects pounced. “I don’t know why they did this,” Kiadii said. “When I offered (my soda) one of them started yelling, ‘Get the f--- out of here you f---ing f----t! I’ll f--- you up.’

Kiadii said he sprayed his assailants with perfume. Kiadii ended up wrestling with his attackers as he tried to fight them off, receiving a bruised finger and some scratches. The alleged assailants, who range in age from 16 to 21, were charged with assault as a hate crime. Kiadii allegedly met Clash on a gay chat line when he was 16, according to court papers. Clash plied him with “alcohol and groomed him with attention and affection.” They then “engaged in sexual contact,” the suit against Clash says.

by Anonymousreply 19706/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.