Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Azealia Banks attacks “racist” Dolce & Gabanna collection

Azealia Banks has turned her well-practised acid tongue on fashion house Dolce & Gabanna in the wake of their controversial 2012-13 collection.

In a series of Twitter posts yesterday, Banks called out D&G for being “racist”, lambasting the company for cyncically utilising “”black mammie” imagery” and promising to boycott the brand.

Banks’ posts read: “Definitely boycotting Dolce & Gabanna…Whoever designed that racist ass Dolce and Gabanna collection needs a swift kick in the mouth and a big dick up the ass…I really hate it when people do corny, racist things then try to justify it as “art”…It’s all just really unnecessary. the clothes in the collection were fine without all the “black mammie” imagery”. [via Vibe]

We all know that Banks shoots off her mouth at will, but she’s got something of a point in this instance: Dolce & Gabanna’s showcase featured (conspicuously white) models rocking burlap dresses and imagery highly redolent of slave-era America.The collection was supposedly inspired by the first African settlers in Sicily. Images from the catwalk are available at link.

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

No-talent cunt, forever only known for repeatedly "faggot"-izing everyone she hates.

Buh-bye, no-talent cunt!

by Anonymousreply 202/19/2013

Her boycott would be a lot more effective if she actually knew how to spell "Dolce & Gabbana".

by Anonymousreply 302/19/2013

Her fifteen minutes was over...she decided to revive it by being "reality show-crude" for attention. Sad sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 402/19/2013

For someone who apparently purcheses her" garments" exclusively from the "Classless Potty-mouthed 'Ho" range at Goodwill, I doubt her little rant is causing sleepless nights at D&G HQ...

by Anonymousreply 502/19/2013

Do idiots like this realize that she could be doing actual work to help genuine racism that materially affects the lives of African-Americans (with regard to housing, social policies, political change) rather than making these stupid statements about fashion houses that will do nothing to help anyone?

She is such a loser. She doesn't care about helping disadvantaged people at all--she just cares about getting press attention.

by Anonymousreply 602/19/2013

Damn! "purchases"

by Anonymousreply 702/19/2013

I have no idea who she is, so from Wiki:

[quote]Her debut single, "212" featuring Lazy Jay, was released on December 6, 2011, later becoming part of her EP 1991. She released her mixtape Fantasea in July 2012 and plans to release the first single from her debut studio album Broke with Expensive Taste sometime in 2013.

I don't particularly like the collection or D&G in general but an unknown rapper has nothing of interest to say about it.

by Anonymousreply 802/19/2013

This is what she had to say on Twitter when she got called out for using the word "faggot" on Twitter this week:

[quote]'Men in hip-hop beef and say f****t and all kinds of other craziness but I get shunned for doing it.'

[quote]'Here we go again. Everyone pretending to be so shocked and moved by the word faggot. It's like society is so bored with itself it needs to hold on to these outdated rules of what you can say and cannot say.'

by Anonymousreply 902/19/2013

This woman makes Beyonce sound like Germaine Greer.

by Anonymousreply 1002/19/2013

"and a big dick up the ass"

I like her - there is nothing like someone, purely through her own idiocy, keeps on digging that grave a bit deeper...

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!