Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Louis CK Is Still A Homophobic POS

Fuck his SNL performance.

by Anonymousreply 4805/16/2014

why do so many gay guys like him? I have a friend who actually jacks off to his show. creepy

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

He was HORRIBLE on SNL

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

[quote] I have a friend who actually jacks off to his show

To what, specifically? I saw a clip from the show with Louis CK naked. It was enough to turn me off from food for a couple of hours. The guy is gross.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

I know almost nothing about this guy, never saw his show and don't know what his comedy is about.

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

Louis CK is a friend of the gay community. Just because he fogs up your PC goggles is no reason to persecute him. He's a comic for fuck's sake.

Did you ever watch the 'Cunt' episode of Lucky Louie? [I was in the studio audience at Sunset Gower when it was filmed.]

He's GENIUS!

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2012

I can't stand him. Never could.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

R6 = Straight woman hoping this cunt rag "comedian" somehow continues to 'happen'.

A'int gonna happen toots. Run along back to your mommy blogs now and stop irritating the gays.

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012

He's very unrefined, but I don't think the material is homophobic. He has an entire bit about wanting to fuck or be fucked by Ewan McGregor because he finds him beautiful.

What specifically do you consider homophobic about his material?

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

r6=eldergay

LCK will continue as his show will continue.

r8 needs to shift the load from the washer to the dryer before his mommie comes down for the ironing...

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2012

[quote]Louis CK is a friend of the gay community.

Complete bullshit. He said Tracy Morgan should not have apologized for saying parents should murder their sons if they are gay. I'm sure YOU would befriend someone who believed that R6, but the rest of us will pass on that kind of "friend".

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2012

I think he's funny, but I don't think he's as funny as people herald him for being.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2012

I never found him funny, period. I never got the accolades, I guess he doesn't tickle my funny bone! He reminds me of the one asshole in any office who tries too hard to get laughs.

There are way too many comedians, musicians, actors and actresses whose careers are based on total hype. They get great reviews from people being paid to say how great they are. Nothing new there.

Then, the public assumes they are latching on to 'the next big thing' because the general public always needs to be part of something they perceive as happening and/or cool.

Use your brain, make your own choices, I never read reviews about anything.

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

r11, comics are the firewall to the 1st Amendment.

Dan Savage is gay and a friend of the gay community and he has said some pretty far out things; ultimately, you don't have to agree with EVERYTHING someone says to enjoy them.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

He said the lame Tracy Morgan apology was a wasted opportunity to confront homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

There are many comedians who are funnier than him and are authentic average Joes. He's a phony. He has a high-profile career because of his ethnicity. I agree, he was terrible on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

He's grotesquely fat and hard to watch, regardless of his beliefs. Ewww.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

Is Jon Stewart funny or Dane Cook funny?

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012

A straight white male scolding a minority is despicable and r14/CK fangurl needs to die in a grease fire, self-loathing piece of shit -- and what's this 1st amendment bullshit?

[quote]Dan Savage is gay and a friend of the gay community and he has said some pretty far out things

False Equivalency Troll alert!

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2012

[quote]Dan Savage is gay and a friend of the gay community and he has said some pretty far out things; ultimately, you don't have to agree with EVERYTHING someone says to enjoy them.

If anyone so much as hinted that it was okay to lynch black people you'd have a screaming fit but murdering gay children you defend? You deserve the hatred that most of america has for you.

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2012

Will someone already divulge what made his SNL appearance homophobic, for those of us who haven't seen it?

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2012

Louis CK, Skyfall..you have too much time on your hands.

Work for marriage equality.

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2012

Fuck off and get bashed, OP. Louis CK is a genius.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012

We already had this conversation, OP. He's not a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2012

R15 tries to put the most positive spin possible on Louis' comments, but he was mostly defending Morgan, with a ridiculous assumption that Morgan was actually trying to convey something meaningful and valuable. Morgan is a moron who pandered to his low-brow audience with homophobia, an easy way to get cheers and laughs. How idiotic to pretend it was anything more than that.

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2012

The issue of the thread isn't whether he's funny, or any of us like his humor, or find him personally appealing. It's whether he's homophobic.

I've only seen so much of his show and his comedy and don't really feel it. But, I haven't seen enough to determine if he's homophobic. Is he? And, is so, what did he say or do?

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012

CK fucked up on the Morgan controversy. He should have just claimed "free speech" like Jim Norton did and not try to defend or rationalize what Morgan said or his alleged intent.

The main reason the audience member posted about Morgan on his FB was not only was it over the top, it didn't seem to this guy to be part of the act. It was simply a warning to other LGBT people who might go and be offended. When all the fame whores and hysterical boycott everything people got a hold of it, it became huge.

CK probably didn't want to alienate potential show viewers or generate a boycott of F/X if he was seen to have supported him.

He caved.

by Anonymousreply 2711/11/2012

I find him more of a horrible misogynist than homophobic. Of course, that would pass without comment here.

I think he says things that are on the edge, like this bit on e-ffeminates.

It's probably impossible to know unless you know or have worked with him.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2012

I don't think he's a homophobe, but I don't think he's funny either. He has so much Internet cred as some kind of anti-Dane Cook, but I've tried watching a few of his routines on YouTube, and thought they were all really lame. It was the same domestic, men and women are different shtick I've heard a million times.

To me he's like that redneck ventriloquist that's so popular. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2012

Genius my ass. He's not the worst comic out there, not even in the bottom tier; instead he occupies a uneven hold in the lower middling rungs of comedy.

He's popular because he's popular, the girl in 8th grade who gets invited to parties not because anyone is particularly keen to enjoy her company, only out of fear of what might happen if she's not invited.

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2012

Agree with r23. He's a comic genius. Fuck off and die OP.

by Anonymousreply 3111/11/2012

His show is brilliant. He writes, directs, produces, stars in, casts and edits the show. It's touching, funny and thought-provoking.

The first 5 minutes of the third season finale had me laughing as hard as I've ever laughed at a show, then it punched me in the gut with emotion.

by Anonymousreply 3211/11/2012

It's his thing to be extremely crude in his stand-up. Shocking people is his shtick. I can only take so much of him but sometimes he is very funny. Didn't care for him on SNL though.

by Anonymousreply 3311/11/2012

R31, you and r23 have both discredited yourselves by wishing the OP gets gay-bashed. You just make the homophobia charge more believable because his fans apparently find it amusing.

by Anonymousreply 3411/11/2012

R18, Jon Stewart IS funny, Dane Cook is NOT funny.

I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

by Anonymousreply 3511/11/2012

His show is pretty brilliant.

And he's harder on himself on that show than he is on gays or women or anyone else. It's part of his schtick.

He's not a homophobe. He's done a lot for gay people and advocate gay rights. Anyone who says he's a homophobic piece of shit is an idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 3611/11/2012

Link, R4?

by Anonymousreply 3711/11/2012

Maybe he and Tracy can take a plane together somewhere for some bromance - and then plane can hit a mountain. We'll mourn the loss of supposed comic genius - and then we'll get on with our lives without their useless fuck faces.

by Anonymousreply 3811/11/2012

So, what did he do?

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2012

he's really hard to look at, is all.

by Anonymousreply 4011/11/2012

He has this very shrewd sense of humor that isn't homophobic at all, but comes off as completely anti social.

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2012

I echo R39... what did he do on SNL to cause this little outburst by the OP and a bunch of other mindless parrots?

by Anonymousreply 4211/12/2012

I find him funny. He's probably the first white comedian I've ever heard dissecting "Whiteness" (and how it's defined in American popular culture) in a hilarious way. Even when he's a guest on Opie & Anthony (and lord knows Anthony is an unrepeated, racist, freeper asshole) he often brings a very sensible, humanistic approach to the discussion.

Yeah, he has his faults, but I don't see him as homophobic. He makes jokes about gays, but it's often jokes that I hear gay people make themselves. He's fairly progressive with his opinions on minority groups.

by Anonymousreply 4311/12/2012

Yeah, quite the homophobe all right.

by Anonymousreply 4411/13/2012

He's funny in raw truth, very deep, philosophic kind of way. If he's homophobic, it's just a sign the word has officially lost any meaning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtJ_sDRRVVI

He's a comic, he's gonna say the word fag and the word cunt, that doesn't make him homophobic nor sexist, if you take five minute to hear the actual material and not just the curse words.

by Anonymousreply 4505/15/2014

I find him hot. I'd blow him if he were uncut.

by Anonymousreply 4605/16/2014

r46 If only.....

by Anonymousreply 4705/16/2014

[quote]He's a comic, he's gonna say the word fag and the word cunt, that doesn't make him homophobic nor sexist, if you take five minute to hear the actual material and not just the curse words.

So saying the words "fag" and "cunt" make one a comic? Oh, dear...

by Anonymousreply 4805/16/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!