Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm hungry all the time

For the past few years, I was on meds that had appetite suppression as a side effect. Since I've been off of them (and especially over the last couple of months), I am hungry all the time. The more I eat, the hungrier I am, it seems. I have gained 30 lbs over the last year and a half.

Is this a symptom of some disease or something? I eat a lot and I shouldn't be hungry. What's wrong with me?

by Anonymousreply 2511/12/2012

I've googled the answer for you.

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

Eat! Eat! Eat! doesn't anyone fuck anymore?

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

I don't know if medically there is anything wrong with you but I learned years ago at Weight Watchers that if you think you're hungry often you're actually just thirsty. So drink water, all the time. And see your doctor to make sure there's nothing going on. There probably isn't.

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

Drink lots of water and stock up on Psyllium Husk or Glucomannan.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

Are you on anti-depressants? I found I was constantly ravenous on Zoloft.

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

Get AD/HD and get some speed, gurl! You can go from a 28" (waist) to a 32" oh so fast.

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2012

Flyover syndrome

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012

Nothings wrong with you OP. Just continue to eat and don't pay attention to anyone on this thread. You're fine!

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

[quote]Are you on anti-depressants? I found I was constantly ravenous on Zoloft.

I'm trying to get off of Luvox, which is similar to Zoloft, so that could be it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

Sometimes the beginning of forming a stomach ulcer will mimic a hungry, empty stomach. Over time, swallowing certain pills, especially OTC pain relievers, will cause acidic ulcerated lining that will trigger hunger because the stomach is asking for something to buffer and absorb the lining secretions.

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2012

One of this signs of diabetes is extreme thirst and hunger.

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2012

When you say "hungry" what do you mean, OP?

Is you stomach actually growling? Or are you just craving something to eat?

Ulcers can make your stomach feel empty and growling right after food.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2012

Sounds like your insulin response is out of whack. Get it checked out.

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2012

Can someone please post an "I'm drunk all the time" thread so Liza can spend $18 on a bottle (gallon) of Popov?

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

get your thyroid check or your hemorrhoids. But most likely it could be your thyroid.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

The three "polys" of diabetes: polydipsia (excessive thirst), polyuria (peeing all the time), and polyphagia (excessive hunger).

by Anonymousreply 1711/12/2012

Are you an adolescent, OP? If so, it's natural. You're a growing boy.

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

OP, I think you need to drink more water, and re-train yourself. I eat something about every two or three hours, but my total caloric intake is aroud 1600-1800. I'm not fat. It's whatyou eat that's important. Cut back on carbs and start eating more protein.

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

R13, my stomach isn't growling...I just crave something to eat.

I don't think I have diabetes. I'm only 30 and it doesn't run in my family. I think it might be medication related. I've recently stopped taking Luvox and it's playing with my head. I feel less spacey today, and I haven't been ravenously hungry.

R19 might be onto something. My eating habits are atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

R19 is a great, big fat girl like Catherine Martin (and probably eating a meatball sandwich like Dawn Davenport)!

by Anonymousreply 2111/12/2012

It could be worms. Have you checked your feces for wrigglers?

by Anonymousreply 2211/12/2012

maybe you need a hug

by Anonymousreply 2311/12/2012

R17 is right. If you have any of the other two, that could be the problem. It was for me. If I go too long in between meals, I end up getting intensely hungry and my blood sugar increases typically too, so this is not good. This is why diabetics should eat SMALL meals every 4 hours. I rarely go more than 4 hours without eating and

I lose weight and keep my blood sugar level steadier and lower this way too. Non-diabetics benefit from eating every four hours too and you may be able to keep from getting too hungry by doing this OP. Just stop and wait 10 minutes after a small meal to try and avoid overeating.

by Anonymousreply 2411/12/2012

Fat worms that need a hug. Is Mama June missing? Act fast before he starves her to death!

by Anonymousreply 2511/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!