Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Martha Stewart Everyday Food To Cease Publication

Instead it will appear five times a year as a supplement to flagship Martha Stewart Living.

At the same time, the company is putting another small title, Whole Living, on the block and laying off 70 people, or 12 percent of its 600-person staff.

Will you miss Everyday Food?

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012

I miss Lucinda Scala Quinn's cooking show on Hallmark channel. It was a very gay-friendly show.

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

No. I dislike Martha Stewart and all of her minions. Fuck her. She has placed unreasonable expectations of domestic perfection that do great harm to women and gay men. I am not going to work a full time job and come home and make sure my sock drawer is perfectly symmetrical and my fitted sheets are folded perfectly. Fuck. Her. The fact that her daughter tolerates her at best and her husband went running for the hills the first chance he got should tell you that having a home is not about looking perfect on the outside. It's about how you treat people. Period. If someone wants to judge me because my home is not perfect, they are perfectly welcome to never come over again. People before possessions. Always.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

She is a mean, firing bastard person!!!!

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

Martha Stewart has paid herself some $10 million a year, including — draw a deep breath, corporate governance reformers — a $3 million “retention fee” for agreeing to remain employed at her own company. Shareholders also pay $30,000 a year for Stewart’s personal trainer, $73,230 for her “weekend driver,” and stipends of $179,317 and $230,769 last year to her sister-in-law and her daughter, Margaret Christiansen and Alexis Stewart, respectively. (This data is taken from MSLO’s own Securities and Exchange Commission filings.)

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

"Why kick myself? There are other people to be kicked!"

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

Martha needs to carry on with her downsizing and slim down and streamline her company but quick.

Then she needs to go on a p.r. campaign for her new work on PBS and get a sense of humor about things.

If she plays things smart her brand will still be marketable but she needs to do something where she will at least appear to be in on her own joke a bit. Actors have done this, like with William Shatner doing those Priceline commercials. She has to start doing some things publicly on her PBS shows as well as through p.r. with a bit of a wink and a nudge and a giggle or folks will continue in moving the heck on from her brand.

Lastly. Why the hell does she pay Alexis anything, R4? Alexis is in her mid forties and in good health, right? Is she too ill to work?

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

Lucinda should leave MSO and try to get her own cooking show on Food network. She could be the next Barefoot Contessa(minus the wealth) with the right team behind her.

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012

I stopped subscribing to EF about 4 years ago, but it used to be a terrific, easy-to-use little magazine. It embraced the middle ground between the intimidating gourmet mags and dumb frau-style/Rachel Ray cooking.

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

Alexis needs the $230,769 to cover the association fees on her $16 million NYC abode.

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2012

Actually, I love the magazine Everyday Food and was disappointed to her this. The recipes were relatively easy and the majority worth cooking. Nothing fancy but well thought out and designed.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2012

Whole Living was sold to the Meredith Corporation; most staff will probably be hired back.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2012

How can anyone not miss Martha in the age of Rachel Ray and who is dreadful loudmouthed gray haired now diabetic vulgar southern always laughing.....grrr.

Rachel cooks with the same 10 ingredients every thing she cooks. That little red chili, onions, garlic, the regiano parmesano the olive oil the dead animal served on dead animal over more toasted dead animal. They you chop what ever hideous green thing from the yard the dog has pissed on. She lays the same schtick out every day, the story about the seed in the pepper, her way to grate garlic, john her dickdaddy this and John her dickdaddy that. I know.......I know......I know........Reggiano Parmesano...Not everyone can afford to buy reggiano parmesano. About 30 dollars a pound. Rachel the tail gating dead animal chef. I will admit to a curious desire for Buddy the cake boss. I do want to bend him over the flour bin. Now with Martha, the topic might be mushrooms. She will lay out and discuss 30 varieties of mushrooms. There will be a dozen recipes or uses. We will visit a place to learn how they raise mushrooms. We might even visit Martha's own mushroom cave. Sometimes nuance is a gift.Sometimes respect and love for crafting, growing, presenting, displaying, organizing, love of objects and animals, the farm, her fabulous homes. Poor girl is a convicted felon, once denied entry into the UK at Heathrow

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

R13 Excellent! I'd love to hear your take on Ina and Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

Martha Stewart's cooking show on PBS is beautifully done. I'm happy to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

It's because of Obamacare!!

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

I like "Whole Living", but I liked it better when it used to be "Body and Soul". Now it seems to be more ads than content and seems a lot thinner than before.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

R12 sandy? The hurricane? Ina? If not hurricanes I don't know who they are.

By the way what Martha offers is discernment which is different than slopping the hogs

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012

R18 Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa, and the Hamptons Patron Saint of Gays

Sandra Lee, First Concubine of the State of New York and hostess of "Semi-Homemade Cooking," "Sandra's Moneysaving Meals," "Sandra Lee's Taverns, Lounges and Clubs," and "Sandra's Restaurant Remakes."

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2012

R7, Alexis isn't to sick to work, she is too smart to work.

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2012

[quote] she needs to do something where she will at least appear to be in on her own joke a bit.

Isn't that what the radio show "Whatever, Martha" starring her daughter was all about?

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2012

Martha is old news, brand-wise. And she ain't never coming back.

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2012

I once heard some analyst say that a big reason Martha Inc is not as popular as in her 90's golden eras is due to the proliferation of the internet. If you have access to innumerable youtube videos and blogs on your tablet, why would Martha still be the go-to gal for "good things'?

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!