Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Earthquake yesterday, Kentucky

I was actually on Datalounge, eating lunch yesterday when my house in Ohio started wiggling for about 15 seconds. I thought it was a sudden wind squall, but then noticed the trees weren't blowing at all.

Did you feel it?

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012

That was just Wynonna, pounding on the door of the Golden Corral so it would open early.

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

your entire geographic region is eventually going to be destroyed INTENTIONALLY by fracking.

Please protest this and demand that it be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

The recent earthquakes in Beverly Hills haave all been caused by fracking -- even the wealthy aren't safe.

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2012

fracking is evil

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2012

Fracking is totally safe! Hey did you guys hear about Elmo?!

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2012

They've been predicting the big New Madrid quake for years,supposedly it's long overdue to happen.

by Anonymousreply 711/14/2012

Hmmm ... maybe God wants them to secede, too.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

What's the New Madrid, r7? I presume it's an earthquake fault line but where is it located?

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

I got this off Wikipedia.In a report filed in November 2008, The U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency warned that a serious earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone could result in "the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States," further predicting "widespread and catastrophic" damage across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, and particularly Tennessee, where a 7.7 magnitude quake or greater would cause damage to tens of thousands of structures affecting water distribution, transportation systems, and other vital infrastructure.[22] The earthquake is expected to also result in many thousands of fatalities, with more than 4,000 of the fatalities expected in Memphis alone.

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

Holy shit, Batman. That's some scary stuff, r10. Perhaps those wacky Mayan's were right after all.

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2012

Haha, R10. All red states!

Bye bye wacko nutjob repig freaks!

No need to secede - you'll just fall into the New Madrid fault. PROBLEM SOLVED!

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2012

Most importantly, stress the first syllable of Madrid - MAD' rid.

by Anonymousreply 1311/14/2012

I live in western Kentucky so we've been hearing about this looming disaster forever.

by Anonymousreply 1411/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!