Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If Hillary Runs for President in 2016

Should she get a facelift?

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2012

Op, I was actually thinking about this and wanted to post that in another thread but decided against it.

I think a facelift would be too obvious. There are procedures, I think done with a laser, that can tighten your skin. She should get that. Nothing too obvious. She should also lose a few pounds.

I'd vote for her regardless, so don't hate, people. Appearing more youthful would only help her but she shuldn't do anything too crazy.

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

Woman here, so I'm not coming at it from a sexist POV, but I think she should lose some weight, more than anything so that she looks and feels healthier and has more energy. She has the money to have a chef cook her low carb, healthy meals. She'll feel much better and be more effective if she makes that kind of change.

I also think R1 has a point about getting some non-surgical skin tightening treatments, but she definitely shouldn't have a facelift. If she did that, the entire conversation would be about her facelift, and how that makes her seem old. She needs to avoid that distraction, and run on her intelligence and record.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

Generally, she needs to stop looking like an unmade bed. She's proven time and again when she wants to she can be a well turned out woman, well dressed, appropriately styled, looking energetic and professional. Right now she's slacking and she doesn't look like she cares. And sorry, at that level, you need to look as good as you can.

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

Sometimes I think she rebels against proper care and maintenance, some old feminist ghost from the seventies. Get on it, Hil. Dress for success.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

She needs a hairstyle more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

Old women and short hair = disaster. Besides, a woman who found being Secretary of State so daunting that she's out after one term probably doesn't have the energy to run another presidential campaign. Chelsea needs to salvage her crumbling marriage by getting knocked up so Hillary can spend her twilight years as a doting grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2012

Only Republicans care what a woman looks like.

This is the shit they threw at Pelosi.

Strong women do not have to be pretty.

They have to be strong.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

I don't think she should get a facelift.

In 4 more years she'll look like a granny, and people love voting for grannies (Angela Merkel someone?).

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012

She was/is a kickass Secretary of State. Are you visiting from Freepland?

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

My Lesbian ass adores Hillary because she is her own woman whether you give a crap about her or not. I love that.

She needs to go on a bit of an exercise and diet plan if she runs for President in 2016 so that her endurance level will be high. She doesn't need face work at all, though, she just needs a good dermatological consult and a better skin care regime.

No one wants to see Hillary be anything but who she is in terms of her overall manner as well as looks. No one.

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2012

[quote]Woman here, so I'm not coming at it from a sexist POV

Your sex in no way precludes a sexist attitude, you know.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2012

Maybe not always, R11, but it does tend to help.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2012

Nobody needs to be pretty, they do have to look credible. Sometimes I look at HRC and I just shake my head because she looks like she doesn't give a shit. Sloppy is not better a message to send to women than Botox and implants.

We say the same thing about Chris Christie. He looks like a fat slob. Even if he didn't have repellant ideas he'd still have the fat slob problem to deal with.

Thatcher looked presentable, Merkel looks presentable, the Queen looks presentable. None of these ladies you'd call pretty, but they turn themselves out appropriately for their role. If you want to be smart and look like the contents of the dryer, you go to academia.

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

Men can get away with being old, fat and/or ugly, partly because all men's suits look alike.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

I don't see anything wrong with her look?

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

She's got a SPICY Look! Ay!

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

Her arms could use some work

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

W&W for R13.

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012

I say we nominate her for "What Not to Wear". Now THAT would be a fun show.

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2012

The woman has been traveling almost nonstop and working very hard for years. As soon as she steps out of this she will lose weight and look much better. Remember how well she looked when she ran for the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2012

The thing is, I don't think men really CAN get away with that, R14. Looking presentable when applying for positions of power is important for both sexes.

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2012

She's busy, but she's still gotta get dressed in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2012

No facelift, maybe some laser tightening and refresh the eyes. She should call Susan Sarandon & Jane Fonda and find out who "helped" them. As stated upthread, she needs to put herself on a schedule and a regimen.

With all the travel, flying hither and yon is hell on your skin, and all the different time zones, crises, scheduling demands, etc. Hillary hasn't been able to stick to a good healthy regimen or diet.

She needs to go back to her family home in Chappaqua, NY, for at least 6 months and rest, exercise, diet, then do her face. She should stay off airplanes for at least 6 months. Go see some plays go out and enjoy herself.

Shell probably start getting active again after that,summer 2013, but in the non-prfoit realm, with the Clinton Library maybe, or CGI, and schedule some speeches.

My guess is that she will write a book, something about women/children in developing nations, do some lecturing at a University in fall of 2013-winter 2014. She might make a few campaign appearances in 2014 for select people or raise some $$$ for the DNC.That's a sign.

Shortly after the mid-term elections of 2014, we will start to see movement. If she wants to run we will see her doing & saying certain things. If not, she will keep on with the schedule I mapped out for 2013 -14.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012

no R2 R12, it doesnt help at all. Identity politics is so twentieth century and the fig leaf of gender doesnt apply to our generation.

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2012

I think she had one a few years ago. Maybe she will get some work early this term and nobody will notice come 2016.

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2012

She needs to give me back my fucking sunglasses that I left in my desk.

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012

She's in fairly decent shape for a woman her age. But she doesn't want to be the butt of hateful, ageist, sexist jokes from the Republican sharks, it would be a good idea to get a bit of a makeover. That would include a nice visit to a spa to help with the weight loss. And a subtle eyelift would do wonders.

by Anonymousreply 2711/11/2012

Yes. Badly. No one wants to look at a saggy face on the campaign trail.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2012

Too old. Not happening.

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2012

John Kerry got botox during his election and he was the butt of jokes. Would have made more sense to give Theresa a face transplant.

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!