Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sunday morning shows - Post-Election!!

Anyone else getting giddy to watch these Repub know-it-alls squirm!!

I AM!!

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

MSM were by and large completely wrong about this past election. They did nothing but espouse RNC talking points about this election the majority of this campaign.

For example:

Mitt Romney had pulled to a tie with Obama for the female vote. FALSE

Democrats are not enthused as the GOP in 2012. FALSE

Black Americans are not enthused about Obama. FALSE

Hispanic Americans are not enthused about Obama. FALSE

Mitt Romney has the lead going into election day. FALSE

Now, they are all obsessed about Gen. Patreus' extramarital affair. So this will upstage even the austerity/fiscal cliff talk that the beltway media loves to engage in.

The presidential election results will be an after-thought for the beltway.

Hopefully, you were watching CSPAN this morning with Bill Press on. It was a great 45 minutes of the GOP being fact-checked and talking about the great coalition the Democrats put together to win this electoral landslide! If not it will likely be put up later this afternoon on

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

Kinda ho-hum (I guess they're shell-shocked, too).

I did catch a glimpse of Bill Kristol twisting his pen with white knuckles, as some other pundit was talking.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

I wonder if MSNBC pulled a scheme where they deliberately underplayed Obama's chances to win in order for the Republicans to underestimate Obama (which caused them to fuck up their voter fraud by setting it too low)?

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

[quote] Now, they are all obsessed about Gen. Patreus' extramarital affair.

Peggy Noonan, doing her usual imitation of St Theresa, the Little Flower, wonders WHY Petraeus had to leave? I mean come on, it's Sunday. It's been known for days that the FBI claims there was some kind of security breach.

[quote] So this will upstage even the austerity/fiscal cliff talk that the beltway media loves to engage in.

It's already been decided. No tax cuts. Close loopholes instead. (Then the GOP will add new loopholes to any bill that gets passed for the next 10 years.)

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

Where has it been decided that there will be no tax increases? I assume that's what you're suggesting, r5, when you say no cuts but loopholes. Well, the republicans have set themselves up for another fall on this one. If they do nothing, which is the only thing they seem to know how to do, taxes go up. And, for the first time in a long time, the democrats have the upper hand. They haven't reformed the filibuster rules yet, and a swingle senator can still stop any bill.

This election was a referendum on tax increases. Obama ran on tax increases. The democrats won. The child-like republicans can stomp their feet and hold their breath all they want, but it's gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2012

[quote] Where has it been decided that there will be no tax increases? I

On television.

It was all over the airwaves this morning on political shows and Wall Street Week. Even the democratic pundits agreed with it on the talk shows.

This is the meme for the fiscal cliff.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

I made a mistake. I confused St Theresa of Avila with St Therese the Little Flower.

It is St Theresa of Avila that Peggy Noonan brings to mind. Keep in mind Peggy was Ragan's adoring speechwriter.

St Theresa's vision of Jesus reminds me of Peggy Noonan's visions of Reagan

“I saw in his hand a long spear of gold, and at the point there seemed to be a little fire. He appeared to me to be thrusting it at times into my heart, and to pierce my very entrails; when he drew it out, he seemed to draw them out also, and to leave me all on fire with a great love of God. The pain was so great, that it made me moan; and yet so surpassing was the sweetness of this excessive pain, that I could not wish to be rid of it...t”

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012

George Stephanopolous is officially a pussy. Aaron Schock was on his show this morning, and despite asking a pointed question to him and Congresswoman Donna Edwards about the passing of gay marriage laws in 3 states, he allowed Schock to remain silent. Donna Edwards gave an eloquent answer, and even Paul Gigot (Editor of the WSJ Editorial Page) chimed in. Aaron was the only one who sat there with a deer in headlights look on his face.

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

Because television pundits have been so right, r7, that (with the exception of MSNBC) they incorrectly forecast the election results... for months. Let's hope they're as correct on this one, as well.

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2012

[quote]Hopefully, you were watching CSPAN this morning with Bill Press on.

I love those nails he makes. I'm wearing some now.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2012

Will someone please tell Peggy Nonothing that Ronald Reagan is DEAD. In today's world he would be center right and no more. In today's world he would never be considered a conservative.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2012

I've noticed for the last few days the MSM is somehow trying to proclaim that the centrist position for the POTUS to take in this so-called "fiscall cliff" discussion is to go along with the suggestion made by the GOP of just closing some loopholes.

Notice that no specific loopholes have been mentioned. The corporate media with many of these anchors and pundits making six and seven digit salaries want to maintain their tax cuts.

Meanwhile, for ordinary Americans they have been advocating for many months to cut SS and Medicare.

How many times have you heard them on TV saying things like "Everyone needs to sacrifice to balance the budget"?

Yet, 97% or 98% Americans have already been sacrificing the last 40 years with their jobs being outsourced overseas by these 1 percenters. Wages staying stagnant. Again a decision made by the 1 percenters. Pensions eliminated by the 1 percenters and so on and so forth.

For once, when one of these corporatists on TV makes the statement about everyone needing to sacrifice to resolve the budget deficit, I would like some progressive on the panel to state the fact that they've already been sacrificing the last 40 years. What the hell more do you 1 percenters want?

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

Why was George Will taking the Sunday after the election off from This Week with George Stephanopolous?

I wanted to hear him explain his prediction of Romney winning with 300+ electoral votes.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

That's probably your answer, R14.

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!