Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

As a small child when ABC would run James Bond movies

I'd just listen to the theme songs and then turn them off.

by because I'm a gayreply 1311/12/2012

Yep pretty much par for the course dude.

by because I'm a gayreply 111/12/2012

This year the LA County Museum of Art did an exhibit on the opening credits (including the theme songs, of course) of ALL the Bond films. It was kind of fun seeing how much they evolved and how much they stayed the same over the course of the series.

by because I'm a gayreply 211/12/2012

Did you mince around your living room while it was playing?

by because I'm a gayreply 311/12/2012

It always bothered me that Sheena Easton actually appeared in the credits of For Your Eyes Only....She must have had a good agent.

by because I'm a gayreply 411/12/2012

Shirley Bassey rocks. Diamonds-and her voice- are FOREVER!

by because I'm a gayreply 511/12/2012

not me- i dreamed of sean connery rubbing his hairy chest on *me*, and kissing *me*, instead of the bond girls.

by because I'm a gayreply 611/12/2012

[quote]I'd just listen to the theme songs and then turn them off. by: because I'm a gay

No...

by because I'm a gayreply 711/12/2012

Too bad, OP. You missed a lot of hot eye candy scenes of Sean, Roger and Timothy. Now, THAT'S gay!

by because I'm a gayreply 811/12/2012

Shirley Bassey-style!

"guld-feen-GAH!" (mouth as wide open as possible for last syllable)

-----

My siblings and I used to try and sound like Shirley from the back of our station wagon in the '60s.

I am sure we were a riot rolling down Clairmont Road in Atlanta with the windows down singing "guld-feen-GAH" at unwary people in earshot.

Mom said we about had Bassey-style down perfectly FWIW!

by because I'm a gayreply 911/12/2012

A lot of gay guys think Connery was the sexiest Bond, but my favorites were always Roger and Timothy.

by because I'm a gayreply 1011/12/2012

I've always noticed growing up that men who are obsessed with Bond and that whole franchise to live in a fantasy world in other areas of life. They're like Trekkies or Apple Geeks in the genre. D & D types. Guys who think it's okay to treat women as commodities.

Connery was the worst Bond, in my opinion. He just wasn't handsome enough and looked like a swarthy Gypsy type. There's just something so lower class about him that makes his portrayal of a sophisticated gentleman hard to swallow. Bronson on the other hand and Moore just exude a sort of aristocratic demeanor.

by because I'm a gayreply 1111/12/2012

I'm truly amazed you didn't like Bond movies when you were a child, OP. I know the scripts were heavily rewritten so kids would enjoy them.

by because I'm a gayreply 1211/12/2012

[quote]Bronson on the other hand and Moore just exude a sort of aristocratic demeanor.

Charles Bronson played James Bond?

by because I'm a gayreply 1311/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.