Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janis Ian

Discuss (and no, I'm not planning to kill myself).

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012

If she had just lost the jew fro, she'd have had a much better time.

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

She's ok on the Foxes soundtrack with Fly Too High, but my primary interest in that is Giorgio Moroder's production.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

I wish she'd redo 'Society's Child(Baby I've Been Thinkin')' but honestly, as a girl being told by her mother that she didn't want a lesbian in the house instead of a black boy.

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

I always get her confused with Phoebe Snow.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

Should we have a Phoebe Snow/Joan Armatrading/Laura Nyro/Melanie Safka discussion?

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

Let me tell you something about Janis Ian. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend, Kyle, who was totally gorgeous, but then he moved to Indiana. And Janis was, like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she'd be like,"Why didn't you call me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "Janis, I can't invite you, because I think you're a lesbian." I mean, I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There are gonna be girls therein their bathing suits. I mean, right? She was a lesbian. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her. It was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her. When she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack.

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2012

I heart R6!

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

We all play the game, and when we dare

We cheat ourselves at solitaire

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.