Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

In the Ghetto

Have you been to your city's ghetto(s)? Are they really that bad? Were you scared?

by Anonymousreply 10511/12/2012

I live in it. No, I'm not scared.

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

I've seen somebody shoot-up on the sidewalk of Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. I'm not scared...just careful. I would say that it's more sad than anything else, as there are some really young people out there.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

Wait, R3. Canada has ghettos?

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

It was terrifying. I feared for my life.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

I drove to Compton to get laid once. Whatever fears I may have had couldn't trump the 10 inch cock that would eventually turn me inside out.

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

R 5 you are a whore!

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2012

Thug Dick!

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

Perhaps, R6. But if being a whore means having your insides ripped out by a ten inch monster cock that leaves you in a puddle of ecstasy, then I'm happy being a whore.

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

Genrally when I've had flat tires and been in a ghetto late at night, the only thing that happens is a couple of people will approach you and ask you for money. I gave a dollar and moved on.

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2012

I've driven thru Compton on Vermont several times...south to north. Pretty save if you stay on the main drag. But God help you if you get lost, need gas or get something to eat. Talk about taking money from a baby.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2012

One takes candy from a baby. If they had money, we'd take that as well, though.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2012

North Philly's ghettos are pretty bad, VERy desolate and abandoned. there are lots of beautiful old buildings there though.

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

South Central LA, for a ghetto, is an anomaly. It doesn't look like the Cabrini Green or East Coast slum-tenements that come to mind when you think "ghetto." Some parts of it feel and look just like any other place in LA - palm-tree lined streets, front lawns, decent homes. But come night-time, some parts really do get crazy. You won't see families or elderly walking the streets then.

Watts is just scary, day or night. Compton, Inglewood have redeeming qualities, but there's nothing in Watts except for liquor stores and hair salons and projects (no joke).

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

Some of our finest shoot-outs (Seattle) happen right downtown. You have to know someone to get shot in our "ghetto" (which would be a fairly nice neighborhood in most cities.)

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

[quote]South Central LA, for a ghetto, is an anomaly

No shit. When I lived in LA and made friends with a black girl at work. We were talking about ghettos and she was from Chicago, she just rolled her eyes and said. What kind of Ghetto has Palm Trees? Puhleeze.

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

R16, I think that's what makes South Central actually more dangerous than the East Coast ghettos. In the Northeastern cities, you are very obviously and visually walking into a bad part of town. In LA, you don't know where the good neighborhood ends and the dangerous one begins.

And just because it looks nicer than Southside Chicago, definitely doesn't make it safer: just look at the LA Time's Homicide Report to see what happens nightly.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

Bitch, I live across 110th street!

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012

I thought this thread was going to be about Elvis' song. Cartman sings it best.

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2012

[quote]Genrally when I've had flat tires and been in a ghetto late at night, the only thing that happens is a couple of people will approach you and ask you for money. I gave a dollar and moved on.

If this has happened to you more than once, you need to get some new tires. And how was it possible to 'move on' with a flat tire?

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2012

I am a country boy now. When I lived in the city, I could sit on the freeway for 45 minutes to down town or through the ghetto in 15. Ghetto way for me. A friend of mine lived in the ghetto. Big old rambling house, really cool. He was a lawyer and 7 feet tall, big too, not obese. Most of his clients were hookers and pimps and this ain't no lie, they watched out for him.

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2012

I live in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, which used to be the ghetto. The part I live in really isn't any more, though, and no, I'm not scared and I've never had any problems here.

R13, I've done a lot of canvassing for Obama in North Philly, and I must agree that it is very bleak and desolate--much worse than any nabe in NYC. On some blocks, abandoned homes outnumber the occupied ones. The people were generally very nice, however, and I never really felt uncomfortable there.

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2012

oops they got him

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012

I lived on the Lower East Side for 22 years from 1976 to 1997. I'm white and female. Only time I got mugged was by a white guy who apparently followed me home from work. My building and apartment were never robbed. Drug dealers looked out for people who lived in the neighborhood. If you were cool and minded your own business you had nothing to worry about. The local drug spot had been busted a couple of days before my mugging and the usual look outs were not on the street. I did get alot of attention from freakish would be rapists when I was in the East Village though. I was young, cute and had a nice body and liked to wear miniskirts. I was very street wise and usually managed to avoid real trouble but I had to be rescued a couple of times by Rastas and local hippie boys. There seems to be more crime in that part of the LES now that it is gentrified beyond all recognition. It turned out to be one of the safest places I ever lived in New York.

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2012

I don't believe for one second any one on here has been to South Central. It looks NOTHING like any neighborhood north of the ten. Every house is fenced in, every window gated, every convenience store has bullet proof cashier glass. The whole vibe of the city for an outsider instantly changes. You feel every eye on you.

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012

[quote]I don't believe for one second any one on here has been to South Central.

Limo driver would make me close my eyes when he drove me to class at SC.

by Anonymousreply 2711/11/2012

they made me suck his huge cock as they fucked my mussy

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2012

Uhh LA kid/R26, definitely been to South Central, and while there are parts that are scary, there are also parts that are very family-oriented and inconspicuous. The areas immediately around Jordan Downs and Imperial Courts = definitely dangerous. Again, Watts is the scariest part of L.A. But South Central in 2012 is also not as scary or dangerous as it once was in the drive-by, car-jacking, crack '80s/early '90s era.

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2012

Drive through Liberty City sometimes, featured on The First 48 a lot. The area is really that bad in terms of poverty. It looks like a third world compared to places just miles away were investors are building. You can tell that drug money built everything and its been gone for decades. Lots of abandoned buildings. I could not imagine how violent it was in the 70s and 80s when the cocaine trade was at a peak.

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2012

R14/29, sorry but I have driven through South Central many times and I would never, in a million years, define it as looking anything other than a ghetto. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 3111/11/2012

Dolly's version of the song is the best.

by Anonymousreply 3211/11/2012

Years ago, a friend and I got lost in Newark, NJ at midnight while we were trying to return a rental car to the airport - this was before GPS and even Mapquest. Holy Shit! I've been in a few sketch neighborhoods in my life and was never really nervous, but that night in Newark I was genuinely scared. It was like a third-world war zone. Every crackhead, pimp and ho was out that night, and a few of them came up to the car at red lights to harass the two scared young white boys. It was awful.

by Anonymousreply 3311/11/2012

If they legalized drugs, all drugs, there wouldn't be any ghettos. It's ridiculous when you think of how thriving the black neighborhoods were before the war on drugs. I lived in the ghetto in Atlanta (not the worst one but it was one) if you're not buying or selling drugs, you're fine and we all looked out for one another.

by Anonymousreply 3411/11/2012

R21, are you single, and hot?

by Anonymousreply 3511/11/2012

[quote]Years ago, a friend and I got lost in Newark, NJ at midnight while we were trying to return a rental car to the airport

As someone who lives not far from Newark, I have to ask where were you that you were so afraid, and how did you get lost? I mean, the airport is practically surrounded by three highways (78, 1&9 and the Turnpike) that I can't imagine getting lost aroudn there.

The only time I've ever been scared in Newark was way back in the 1980s when the empty carcass of the Columbus Towers were still standing.

An friend of mine (who was driving) and I were trying to find another friend's home in the Mt Prospect section of the city. Somehow we ended up in the parking lot of what had been public high rises years back but were deserted. The entire area was completely unlit, and it was by far the eeriest location I'd ever been to. I still remember saying to my friend over and over, GET OUT! GET OUT OF HERE! NOW! [bold]NOW![/bold]

Like much of Newark since then, the place has been torn down and replaced by either two-story condos or apartments.

But back in the 1980s . . .

by Anonymousreply 3611/11/2012

R20, I had flat tires in bad neighborhoods 2 times in the late 80's. Bad stretch of luck I guess. When I said I moved on it was because I was walking around looking for a pay phone. Each time I was dressed nice and I'm white, so several people came up and asked if I had some money.

by Anonymousreply 3711/11/2012

Why do people live in the ghetto all have huge dicks?

I will take a ghetto dick any day than your limp small suburban cracker dick.

by Anonymousreply 3811/11/2012

The worst parts of Philadelphia are indeed beyond terrifying. However, even after living here for so long I couldn't even tell you how to get to the worst parts of North Philly or West Philly. They're so far from the rest of the city. Of course, that's the worst parts. I live in a charming part of South Philly, but when you cross Broad 3 blocks away it's a DMZ. All Philadelphians know this city goes block by block.

Still, Philadelphia is a great city and I'll defend it till I die (hopefully not as a result of Philly violence).

by Anonymousreply 4011/11/2012

The entire city of Camden is more frightening than most parts of Philly, I think.

Some of the immediate suburbs of SE Washington DC are terrifying. For instance, I would not recommend driving through Bladensburg after dusk.

Good friends of mine live in Boston's "ghetto," Roxbury. It's perfectly pleasant. I've never been frightened there, day or night. In fairness, I've never been to Mattapan, the other dangerous neighborhood, in my life.

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2012

I second R40. Huge swaths of North Philly - Strawberry Mansion and Nicetown are completely derelict to the point of total abandonment. THAT is far scarier than neighborhoods like Point Breeze in South Philly where cars cruise past with loud booming basses and all the businesses are behind bars. For the Record, Camden, NJ is even worse. Fewer street lights, fewer people visibly on the streets at any hour, it's post-apocalyptic

by Anonymousreply 4211/11/2012

Interesting musings by OP at 1:00 in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 4311/11/2012

I was looking to buy a place in the Bay Area last year and thought I'd check out Oakland. I know there are some bad areas, but there are some areas that are really nice as well. I saw a beautiful old Victorian advertised dirt cheap and thought, well, how bad could it be?

The Real Estate agent flat out refused to drive me there out of safety concerns.

I saw a beautiful old converted loft advertised in another section of Oakland. This time the agent agreed to take me, because the neighborhood wasn't that bad. When we got to the street the loft was on, he told me we should skip this one and pointed out all of the skidmarks on the streets. Skidmarks mean drivebys and police chases.

by Anonymousreply 4411/11/2012

"Cartman sings it best."

You still watch "South Park"? How 2003 of you.

by Anonymousreply 4511/11/2012

Did habitat for humanity work in the far south side of Chicago last summer.

There was a group of row houses where we were working and even though they had finished a bathroom in one of them, we had to go to the nearby mcdonald's to use the bathroom because thieves had come along and stolen the copper pipes from a fucking habitat for humanity house.

Wasn't scared though because it was daytime.

To be honest, the ghettos of Chicago aren't all derelict and run down but still have normal lawns and stuff and I was more scared when I've been in some smaller city ghettos like Decatur or Peoria, Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 4611/11/2012

[quote]Canada has ghettos?

Canada has the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver, which is the epicentre of drugs, homelessness and prostitution. It's not a "ghetto" in the American sense of a poor black neighbourhood.

Toronto and Montreal have sketchy dangerous neighbourhoods filled with Caribbean immigrants, but they don't compare in menace to Van's Downtown Eastide.

by Anonymousreply 4711/11/2012

I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Most of the city looks damn ghetto, like pictures of Detroit practically. I don't think you run any risk of being injured unless you're involved with gangs, a hooker or a transient.

by Anonymousreply 4811/11/2012

When I was in Vancouver I never felt unsafe on East Hastings. It's just really sad to see and it smells like urine.

by Anonymousreply 4911/11/2012

BULLSHIT [R38] You're not female. The rest is true. I bet you were strolling all of them 10 years!

by Anonymousreply 5011/11/2012

R39, you're hilarious. Seriously the crime everywhere (besides the true psycho rapists) is all drug related. Legalize, lower the price so that if you're an incorrigible heroin addict, you can spend the same amount as an incorrigible drunk and still be at least a functioning member of society and not a fucking thief, mugger, scam artist, burglar,street whore, carjacker or pimp. Oh and you know, that pesky, pesky gang violence? Crime, gone. The businesses would return to the ghettos and goddamn, every problem would be solved.

by Anonymousreply 5111/11/2012

wtf? Only raped twice??? r39 most rape victims wouldn't say "I was only raped once...no biggie." I smell a troll.

by Anonymousreply 5211/11/2012

You haven't lived until you've driven a new Mercedes real slow through Camden, NJ with the windows down on a Saturday night. Or rather, you haven't "died."

by Anonymousreply 5311/11/2012

R52, yes, obviously. (I swore I'd knock off the autism spectrum jokes)

by Anonymousreply 5411/11/2012

[quote] Only raped twice???

The real question is what KIND of rape was it?

by Anonymousreply 5511/11/2012

[quote] I only got raped twice

Are you sure it was rape rape, R39?

by Anonymousreply 5611/11/2012

But, did they vote for Obama?

by Anonymousreply 5711/11/2012

I used to routinely visit a friend in a rather bad part of town, and would even walk there or back late at night. Never got touched.

I later learned that most of the riff-raff in that part of town thought I was a cop, or just thought it wise not to mess with a preppy white cguy who walked through there without fear. Or maybe they just assumed I'm not racist (I'm not).

This was not the worst ghetto in my city, but it was hardly a good neighborhood. It was the kind of area where you'd hear gunshots from time to time outside the window, or could easily purchase crack.

by Anonymousreply 5811/11/2012

When I was twelve, in Manhattan, I used to like to take the M1 double-decker bus up to 147th and Lenox, where the depot was. I'd eat at the KFDC there. Once I spent a nice Saturday afternoon over at the park on 142nd, and was shocked to see like -- OMG! -- 20,000+ BLACK PEOPLE!

No one laid a finger on me. I went home thinking I liked those people much better than my asshole one-percent neighbors on the UES.

by Anonymousreply 5911/11/2012

Thanks for the input, R59 and others.

I imagine this is not quite what the OP had in mind.

by Anonymousreply 6011/11/2012

Bridgeport, CT - the asshole of New England

by Anonymousreply 6111/11/2012

I've been to all my city's ghettoes. They aren't so bad. There is a disconnect though. On the news they blame the big increase in murders this year on Latin gangs, but the random murders where innocent people are being shot by passing cars are all happening in the traditional black ghettoes, where I always saw people walking around with guns or transacting drug business in the open. Back then, those neighborhoods weren't tops in the crime statistics and folk were incredulous that I saw such things, but today they are. I think the truth is irreducible: it's having the guns around that causes the crime. It's not really the gangs or the poverty.

by Anonymousreply 6211/11/2012

I live in Baltimore, Maryland, which has had quite the bad rep for some time. I actually have friends who will not drive through the city to get to downtown Baltimore where the Innor Harbor is, which is like a main tourist area (Camden Yards, M&T Bank Ravens Stadium, shopping and dining, etc.). They will instead take the beltway to get to downtown.

With that being said, there are good parts and there are bad parts. The surrounding counties are nice (Catonsville, Woodlawn, Randallstown), but if you drive east down Edmondson Ave, which is a main thoroughfare that runs straight through the city, the further you go, the worse it gets. There used to be several high-rise projects in the downtown area, but they were torn down years ago to make way for nicer, higher-priced homes.

by Anonymousreply 6311/11/2012

My city's ghetto is scary compared to the other areas of town, but it's relatively tame. Our entire county only has 1 or 2 murders every couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 6411/11/2012

I grew up in the white ghetto area of Bushwick Brooklyn.

It was odd, four blocks of Italians, Irish and other assorted working class white people, then you'd walk beyond those four blocks to enter the working class Puerto Rican area and beyond those four blocks, the working class black area.

It's not lost on me that Bushwick is now being gentrified by out of town Trustafarians and other assorted clueless poseurs. Some hipster bar ihas now opened on the corner where a late aunt owned a small six family building on St. Nicholas Avenue and Starr Street..

My mom got a huge laugh out of the fact that there was a $650,00 co-op now on Knickerbocker Avenue.

I often wonder where all the displaced wroking class people move when these shallow Trustafarians take over their neighborhoods and pay $2,500+ to live in what is essentially an old railroad flat?

by Anonymousreply 6511/11/2012

In my opinion, the ghettos in the south are far worst than anything in the north.

by Anonymousreply 6611/11/2012

R65 has made me curious. When people talk about ghettos, it almost always racial and ethnic minorities. What about 'white ghettos'? Where are some places that are predominantly white and also places you should avoid because they're scary and dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 6711/11/2012

[quote]What about 'white ghettos'?

Tasmania is that in spades. An island the size of a state full of white trash with bad DNA.

by Anonymousreply 6811/11/2012

R67, are you serious?

Not all ghettos are dangerous, not all ghettos are about violence, gangs, guns and drugs, not all ghettos are avoided, this is a myth perpetuated by the lamestream media.

When I was a kid in Bushwick, I went to the local Catholic school. I had friends from the Puerto Rican and black areas, we all attended the local Catholic school, subsequently we became friends.

I don't recall any violence, though my mom would walk me over to a friend's home on a Saturday afternoon if we were going to hang out. The common denominator is that we were all from working class backgrounds.

As far as my circle of friends, there were no 'welfare queens", all my friends moms worked (usually in offices or in stores) and we all had fathers who worked and took care of their families. I don't recall one friend who was on welfare or came from a broken home.

Many of my friends families were trying hard to get out of Bushwick and they did, they bought homes on Long Island or in nice areas of Queens.

It truly disgusts me that so many people don't have a clue about the working class. Not all working class people are on food stamps and getting government handouts or live in violent neighborhoods, at least it wasn't that way for me growing up in Bushwick.

Granted my family moved out of there when I was around 10, but I never remember feeling unsafe or scared to leave my building.

Lastly, lots of white working class people refer to their neighborhoods as 'ghettos". It doesn't always have an ethnic connotation. A friend grew up in what he calls a "white ghetto in Michigan", I'm figuring this isn't an East Coast phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 6911/11/2012

R67 I hope you're just naive.

I live in Maryland and some of the white ghettos in West Virginia will set your teeth on edge.

Do we really have to explain that this not about color but about economics?

by Anonymousreply 7011/11/2012

As the snow flies On a cold and gray Chicago mornin' A poor little baby child is born In the ghetto

And his mama cries Cause if there's one thing that she don't need It's another hungry mouth to feed In the ghetto

People, don't you understand The child needs a helping hand Or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day Take a look at you and me, Are we too blind to see, Do we simply turn our heads

And look the other way

by Anonymousreply 7111/11/2012

[quote]What about 'white ghettos'?

Where I live is a white ghetto. Crack-heads, BNP trash, drug dealing and youth violence. All very white working class pride right wing. It's the arsehole of trendy Islington in London. An area known as Finsbury. All interbred white trash.

by Anonymousreply 7211/11/2012

[quote]Do we really have to explain that this not about color but about economics?

No, it's about trash. I made it out, others can.

by Anonymousreply 7311/11/2012

I live in a white ghetto.. there were 4 shootings on Halloween. One a 14 year old boy. Our building is cockroach infested. I live a block off Hollywood Blvd.

by Anonymousreply 7411/11/2012

Philly ghetto, my ass. You aint seen nothin' until you've seen mine.

by Anonymousreply 7511/11/2012

U can take the boy out of the ghetto, but u can't take the ghetto outta the boy.

by Anonymousreply 7611/11/2012

Wow, there are a lot of clueless people posting in this thread.

I grew up in a white ghetto in Bushwick, I now have a Masters.

Not everyone remains stagnant, is inbred, right wingers or as the British called them, 'chavs'. Some of us had families who got out and bettered their lives.

How sad that even on a gay message board there is so much hate and stereotyping.

Check yourselves, darlings!

by Anonymousreply 7711/11/2012

The entire swath of desert podunk towns between Palm Springs, Yuma, Las Vegas and Phoenix, is made up of "white ghettos" -- poor, meth-addicted, and under-educated trailerfolk. Real honky-tonk country.

by Anonymousreply 7811/11/2012

I didn't think I was being naive, but when the topic of bad neighborhoods come up, people usually are referring to neighborhoods populated by racial or ethnic minorities. I know there are bad white neighborhoods, but no one ever seems to talk about them.

by Anonymousreply 7911/11/2012

Yes. In Cleveland Ohiomwe call the ghetto Shaker Heights. Sad what's become of this once gracious and charming community.

by Anonymousreply 8011/11/2012

I checked troll-dar, R77. Darling!

by Anonymousreply 8111/11/2012

Where do poor whites, or the poor of ANY race- go when they are pushed out of a ghetto area due to gentrification? That's a darn good question.

In our area,north of Philly, we have a couple of trailer parks, which are always hidden, difficult to see or get to. Figures.

by Anonymousreply 8211/11/2012

Ghettos are usually crammed full of fatherless sons many are highschool drop outs so you tell me, are those hoods safe or not? Hell no!! Nothing more dangerous than a broke fatherless young man, nothing! They are socialized to kill be brutal take and not work a normal job.

by Anonymousreply 8311/11/2012

The Overtown and Liberty City sections of Miami -- YIKES!!

by Anonymousreply 8411/11/2012

In today's parlance when someone says "ghetto" they mean "black".

by Anonymousreply 8511/11/2012

Not necessarily, R85.

by Anonymousreply 8611/11/2012

DCDweller, would you describe SE DC for us? I read about a guy getting horribly beaten there this summer after a Nationals game. He was young, educated, and had a young family - a yuppie by all accounts. Why would he be living in SE DC if it's ghetto/unsafe? What's it like there?

by Anonymousreply 8711/11/2012

i think ghetto guys are very macho and too arrogant to bottom or maybe even kissing

by Anonymousreply 8811/11/2012

WTF are you going on about R81? You sound deranged.

I'm the only person who posited here about growing up in Bushwick Brooklyn, I called my area of Bushwick, a "white ghetto".

There's was no need to Troll Dar me, I have nothing to hide.

These days on DL, the level of bitchiness is really high, over-the-top and just plain childish.

Have a drink or take your meds, darling!

by Anonymousreply 8911/11/2012

R3, the Vancouver Downtown Eastside isn't really a "ghetto." It's a drug-addict zombie-land.

by Anonymousreply 9011/11/2012

I live in one of the nicer old neighborhoods in Memphis, but as true of many parts of this city, you can be in a "ghetto" just by driving a few minutes in any direction. There are some really bad areas that I will sometimes drive through in the daytime for shortcuts...but one night some friends and I got lost and wound up in an area I didn't even know existed. I have seen some bad areas of Memphis, but this was beyond. It was scary, but a little sad, too.

by Anonymousreply 9111/11/2012

I worked on the Southside of Chicago back in the 70's and early 80's, and I had to call on the little hole in the wall grocery stores around the projects. In fact, I collected cash from them, and I was a wimpy looking white guy in his 20's back then.

The first day on the job my boss told me to always wear a jacket or leave my shirt un-tucked so people think you might be carrying a gun, and always act like you know exactly what you're doing there. If you do that no one will fuck with you. It worked, I was there for 4 years and never had a single problem. Well, I think guys mooched about half a pack of cigarettes a day off me, but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 9211/12/2012

I'll bet R70 lives in Bethesda.

by Anonymousreply 9311/12/2012

Walkin' down the street, smoggy-eyed Looking at the sky, starry-eyed Searchin' for the place, weary-eyed Crying in the night, teary-eyed

Don't you know that it's true That for me and for you The world is a ghetto

Wonder when I'll find paradise Somewhere there's a home sweet and nice Wonder if I'll find happiness Never give it up now I guess

by Anonymousreply 9411/12/2012

[quote]Have you been to your city's ghetto(s)? Are they really that bad? Were you scared?

Planning on downsizing, Mitt and Ann?

by Anonymousreply 9511/12/2012

Irritated by the truth, R93?

by Anonymousreply 9611/12/2012

I grew up in the Kensington section of Philly right off of Somerset and Kensington. That block is notorious for being the cities top heroin spot, people come from Jersey and New York to buy drugs there, I couldn't wait to move it is THAT BAD.

by Anonymousreply 9711/12/2012

hey r97 one of my best friends is from Kenzo too. The stories he tells me about growing up there are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 9811/12/2012

Ghetto bump

by Anonymousreply 9911/12/2012

Ghettos are were it's AT

by Anonymousreply 10011/12/2012

Everybody in the ghetto has a bigger dick than OP, even the little girls.

by Anonymousreply 10111/12/2012

I think it's funny that right wingers are still promoting the absence of fathers for crime. It's been disproved a thousand times over for generations, but still they promote this lie.

by Anonymousreply 10211/12/2012

I lived very close to Sydney's Aboriginal "Ghetto" for 2 years and was really shocked about Australia's neglect regarding Aboriginal people and their well-being, as the area was lawless and dangerous and no government institution was apparently able or willing to bring order and stability to the area.

by Anonymousreply 10311/12/2012

I am noticing more inner-ring suburbs becoming ghettoes. Norristown PA outside of Philly is one. Chester PA ia another. They have put a prison, a casino and a soccer stadium but it is a scary place.

by Anonymousreply 10411/12/2012

That never ends well

by Anonymousreply 10511/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.