Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

SNL-11/10/12

Anne Hathaway is hosting, Rihanna is the musical guest.

Damn. Taran Killam can SANG!

by Anonymousreply 6111/12/2012

How is Anne doing?

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

I thought Anne's Katie Holmes impression in her last appearance was great, but her Claire Danes impression is putting that one to shame.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

She is terrific tonight.

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

One thread per show, please.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

ORDER! I will have ORDER!

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

Was I the only one underwhelmed by the Mitt Romney skit? Was expecting so much more.

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2012

I missed most of the show.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

I can't stand Rhianna. I don't understand why she is popular.

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012

I liked Rihanna's song but were the projections really necessary?

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

I know everyone criticized Fred Armisen's Obama impression, but I think he was actually better than Jay Pharoah who is surprisingly terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2012

r10 I just turned 28. Don't take the fact that your idol sounds like a warbling sheep out on me.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2012

Homeland sketch was good.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

I swear Lorne starts all these threads every weekend about this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

Rhianna is such a tattooed no-talent, who gets-off on getting hit by a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

[quote]Grampy at [R8], doesn't your rest home have a curfew?

Don't be so rude, don't you have school homework to do?

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

[quote]Rhianna is such a tattooed no-talent, who gets-off on getting hit by a gay man.

Is he single?

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012

Rihanna: pretty girl, ok voice, desperately needs good material, which she's never had...

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2012

Really cool of Rihanna to perform in front of my uncle’s Windows 98 screensaver

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2012

Rihanna has totally had good material before - she's really kind of a shitty singer but she's sexy and a consistent producer of B+ pop dance music. This era of hers, though...not so good.

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2012

Did anything happen other than Rihanna tonight???

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2012

The Homeland skit was good, but so far that's it.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012

I may have to start watching Homeland if it's as crazy as the SNL sketch.

I liked the McDonalds sketch and that weird guy dancing or whatever he was doing in Central Park.

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2012

Bill Hader's impersonation of Mandy Patinkin was spot on.

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012

Bill Hader playing the Maine gay guy with Fred Armisen is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 2711/11/2012

I adore Kate McKinnon but her Ellen DeGeneres could have been a lot sharper. And why did she play her with a Southern accent? Ellen isn't Southern.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2012

[quote]And why did she play her with a Southern accent? Ellen isn't Southern.

??? Ellen is from Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2012

The opening song was amusing, and possibly added new keys (K-flat?).

That Rhianna green-screen dreck looked like a cable access show.

Romney bit was sad, not funny, and shows how chickenshit the writers are toward criticizing Rethuglican politicos.

Making Romney seem like a clean-cut naif is ridiculous. But him finally tossing Rove over a balcony was the only good-funny part.

Girlfriend show; another in the long long line of one-line, single-bit sketches gone five minutes too long.

Oh,look! Straight actors who are more effeminate than most gay guys are pretending to be gay! How FUNNY.

Drunk Uncle was surprisingly amusing.

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2012

Someone please write Rihanna some good songs.

by Anonymousreply 3111/11/2012

Ellen is from New Orleans and grew up in East Texas near Texarkana.

by Anonymousreply 3211/11/2012

She doesn't have a Southern accent, though, just a tiny hint of a twang.

by Anonymousreply 3311/11/2012

[quote]Romney bit was sad, not funny, and shows how chickenshit the writers are toward criticizing Rethuglican politicos.

I agree the Romney bit wasn't that funny, but you're insane if you think SNL hasn't given him shit throughout his entire campaign.

by Anonymousreply 3411/11/2012

Santigold did it earlier and better, R9

by Anonymousreply 3511/11/2012

The opening monologue was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 3611/11/2012

Were there any really good moments?

by Anonymousreply 3711/11/2012

Homeland R37

by Anonymousreply 3811/11/2012

Watched Girlfriend Talk again and it's much better than I originally thought. Cecily Strong is wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2012

painfully unfunny

by Anonymousreply 4011/11/2012

I loved Rhianna's second song. What was it? Loved Girlfriend Talk.

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2012

I liked Rihanna's use of early 90s graphics. Lady Gaga used early 90s graphics in her perfume commercial. It's a trend right now.

I thought the show was slightly better than last week. I don't know why SNL can't come up with any skit that can make me laugh anymore. The only times I laugh anymore is for the characters on Weekend Update. The writing is so much stronger during WU than the rest of the show.

I too prefer Fred Armisen's Obama to Jay Pharoah's Obama. Jay has dead eyes. Jay's Obama is too animated. I think he's reaching too much to come up with some mannerism the audience laughs at.

by Anonymousreply 4211/11/2012

I never seen Homeland but I'm a huge My So Called life fan. Anne did a really great Claire Danes impression. Who would have thought she was so versatile?

It's not her fault that she has "THEATER" in her blood.

by Anonymousreply 4311/11/2012

I normally dislike Rihanna's music, but I really enjoyed that "Diamonds in the Sky" bit. The graphics were OBVIOUSLY meant to be retro.

Cecily Strong really kicks ass. She's the only female in the cast this time out who is funny. I hope she goes far. She's had some great characters this season.

The Obama was terrible physically, but he had the voice down.

Homeland was the best skit.

by Anonymousreply 4411/11/2012

I thought Flaritin was funny

by Anonymousreply 4511/11/2012

When was the "Ellen" skit?

by Anonymousreply 4611/11/2012

Was there a Weekend update this week....

How did I miss it?

by Anonymousreply 4711/11/2012

Thanks, R35!

Now I'm wondering why SNL didn't have Santigold on instead.

by Anonymousreply 4811/11/2012

R47, it was on really late, like almost 50 minutes into the show.

Usually, it's on by 12:05 or so.

by Anonymousreply 4911/11/2012

Rhianna's second song was bizarre, I usually don't listen her lyrics, but was this twitty woman with low self esteem singing to, or about, that douchebag Chris Brown?

I cannot believe how famous Rhianna became after she was used as a human punching bag. Sure, I know she had a few hits, but then she exploded after that beating, in much the same way Taylor Swift got more famous after Kanye West interrupted her at the MTV Awards.

If anyone tells me there's no correlation between these two incidents and both these women getting more famous, they are completely full of shit!

Rhianna is all over the place. She's always photographed walking around Manhattan, I guess she lives here and well, I am so sick of looking at her. I think she needs to spend some time in therapy instead of being photographed everyday. Her daily need for approval and acceptance kind of explains things.

I can not have respect for anyone, a man or woman who allows another person to abuse them, mentally or physically. Rhianna is rich and doesn't even need a man to take care of her. If she wants to get laid, there are ways to do that without putting up with a piece of shit like Chris Brown. People like Rhianna need to be in therapy, they need to not have enablers surrounding them.

Rhianna must be somewhat smart enough to realize she has many young and dumb fans who might think it's perfectly OK for their boyfriend to beat the shit out of them too. Young women, and men, can be as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to following and emulating their 'heroes'.

It's clear Rhianna has some mental issues to deal with. I recall reading an article about her own father saying she was "fat" and she agreed with him. She is NOT fat, she looks great.

That alone tells me, this woman needs help. It's clear Rhianna is accustomed to men putting her down, unless she gets help, it won't ever change. Even if she moves on from Chris Brown, there will always be another abuser waiting in the wings.

I don't have any personal experienced with abuse, but I have two very close longtime str8 friends, a man and woman, who were both abused by their partners Yes, men do get abused, the guy's insane controlling wife beat the shit out of him! She even tried to shoot him.

by Anonymousreply 5011/12/2012

I don't care about Rihanna's personal life and I don't particularly like her music (what I've heard of it).

Anne Hathaway was okay, her Katie Holmes and Claire Danes bits were both funny. She also thanked both of them at the end of the show, which made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 5111/12/2012

That was the first time I've ever seen graphics on an SNL music performance, I imagine she demanded it.

by Anonymousreply 5211/12/2012

How many people have even watched Homeland, though? Showtime has about 40 subscribers and the DVDs just came out.

by Anonymousreply 5311/12/2012

I just started on Homeland...loved that skit.

by Anonymousreply 5411/12/2012

The Homeland sketch was ridiculously unfunny (with the exception of Bill Hader...who proved himself a comedic genius).

by Anonymousreply 5511/12/2012

My favorite part about the Homeland skit was the Damian Lewis impression.

Cecily Strong and Kate McKinnon are refreshing additions to the cast, but even though Nasim Pedrad doesn't get a lot of love, she's one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 5611/12/2012

They really lost a good opportunity with the opening skit. I didn't find it that funny. Romney swilling milk? Just as they did with the Palin skits, I feel it would have been hysterical to just recreate, word for word, Rove's election night meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 5711/12/2012

I like Rhianna's songs, but Santigold is a great deal better. I love Santogold and Master of my Make Believe

The Homeland skit was hilarious. I don't know the show, but the skit makes me want to find out more about it.

Is Girlfriends Talk a one time only thing? It has the potential to become the modern day 'Wayne's World'.

Katie McKinnon can't be happy to do these silly Ellen Degeneres spoofs. They look more insulting than funny imho. Not that I expect high class or cutting edge humor from Saturday Night Life.

by Anonymousreply 5811/12/2012

Mokiki does the sloppy swish!

by Anonymousreply 5911/12/2012

[quote]I cannot believe how famous Rhianna became after she was used as a human punching bag. Sure, I know she had a few hits, but then she exploded after that beating, in much the same way Taylor Swift got more famous after Kanye West interrupted her at the MTV Awards.

You don't know what you were talking about. They were both huge artists already who got bigger after their incidents.

by Anonymousreply 6011/12/2012

ooops, I meant Saturday Night Live at r58.

by Anonymousreply 6111/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.