Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pretending that you don't know someone who you've had sex with

Is there a way to do this that isn't awkward and weird? I was out with friends this afternoon and this guy comes up to me and says hi, what's up. Of course I knew who he was because we had fucked before, but I pretended that I didn't know him. I responded with a polite hi and then went back to talking to my friends and he kind of walked away. But he kept glaring at me for the rest of the afternoon. Then I received a text from him that just said 'cunt'.

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2012

He's right. That's not how you behave.

You should treat him the same way you treat other people you know well enough to say hi to, but don't really know anything about.

Like a friend of a friend you've met a few times before.

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

In other words, a polite greeting, then back to your business.

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

You are acting like a cunt, OP.

Maybe he wanted seconds. Couldn't you have at least been polite to him?

And guys wonder why they have no permanent relationships.

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

This is why they hate us

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

You got what you deserved, OP.

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

Betting he feels worse about having sex with you than he does about your cunty greeting.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

I think that anyone who had sex with OP should be grateful that he pretends that they're strangers.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

Well OP, do you plan on seeing this guy again? If so, yes you were being a cunt. Is this someone who you just fucked once but only plan on being friendly with? If so, kinda cunty. Unless you made it clear the time you fucked that you had no plans to see or acknowledge him again, then you were being a cunt. You wouldn't have had to tell your friends you bumped uglies with him...just say he's a casual acquaintance.

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012

OP, are you that same guy who's cheating on his boyfriend and doesn't understand why it's wrong? Because you sound like the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2012

OP, why did you feel compelled to give him the cold shoulder? What is this about? Do you dislike the guy for some reason? Are you angry at him? Do you feel bad about having gone to bed with him, and, if so, is that any reason to be so cold?

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

OP, you sound like a whore, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

This is why I hate myself.

I do this all the time. ALL the time. Guys are always coming up to me saying "hi" and I know they've sucked my big cock and want more, but I pretend like I'm high or have amnesia and I don't know them.

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012

OP is ashamed of the guy and his relationship with him.

He doesn't want to have to explain to his friends that he tricked with the guy, probably because he feels the guy is beneath him or not up to his friends' standards. OP probably doesn't want his friends to know how much of a slut he is.

The guy is probably ugly, poor or both.

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

You might be right, R13, but the OP is still a cunt who has a lot of growing up to do.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

I genuinely don't know any of the people I've had sex with.

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

A few years ago I went out to a bar on a lonely night and picked up a cute guy and we went back to my place and had rip roaring pig sex.

A few weeks later I went for my annual eye check up and guess who is staring into my eyes? Mr One Night stand.

The odd thing is we both pretended like we had never met

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

I shared a house on the Hamptons two summers with a very good looking guy who slept around a bit. He always pretended he didn't know his tricks when they would come up to him later. I thought that was rude as hell, and called him on it. I thought he could at least be polite. he always maintained that he wanted them for sex, not friendship, so he was under no obligation to be nice afterwards. I thought he was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012

I truly believe in honor amongst thieves in that if you've had sex, you at Least subtly acknowledge the other person in public.

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2012

[quote]Then I received a text from him that just said 'cunt'.

He was just trying to post to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2012

Hi. How are you?

Well, nice to see you.

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2012

Oooooh, did they take all 3 inches, r12?

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2012

I sleep with married guys a lot. You just say hi and go back to what you are doing. Is your world so small you would need to explain how you know everyone? I sometimes run into one of my buds when he is with his wife, heh howysdoing I say, they say, Heh.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012

OP, you're an asshole.

I really hate people who behave like that.

I'm good enough for you to suck my cock, but not good enough for you to acknowledge in broad daylight? Get OVER yourself.

I'm not trying to marry you, I'm just trying to say 'hi' and be friendly. Jesus.

Go fuck yourself, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2012

What R24 said.

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2012

Maybe OP is just trying to signal that he is not interested in a repeat. For some men, any attention, even just a friendly smile and "hello," is a come on.

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012

Doesn't it depend on how they met? If it was some grindr hookup with no intention of anything else, then should the trick approach him when out with his friends?

by Anonymousreply 2711/11/2012

[quote] The odd thing is we both pretended like we had never met

R16 - In that case, it was the appropriate thing to do - because you had moved on to a professional interaction, but not one that was compromised by the earlier sex.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2012

He just said "Hi" because he probably forgot his name.

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2012

The best thing would've been for you to approach him first, say hello, I'm with some friends, I'll call ya. And then returned to your friends and said, just a guy I know.

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2012

[quote]I sleep with married guys a lot....I sometimes run into one of my buds when he is with his wife, heh howysdoing I say, they say, Heh.

by Anonymousreply 3111/11/2012

Yeah, I passed an old trick of mine at a park. I immediately recognized him (tall guy around 6'6") and we both looked each other in the eye and kept it moving. I was with a friend and he was too, so it was really awkward. I told my friend who the guy was and he said "Oh really, huh?" in a low-key shady sort of way as only an older queen knows how, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 3211/11/2012

Trick or not, if you had his dick in your mouth, hello doesn't seem that big a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 3311/11/2012

R33 - I know, right? He rimmed my asshole and sucked my dick, and I sucked him off and swallowed his cum, but we can't say hello as we pass by? It's hilarious and sad at the same time when you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 3411/11/2012

Who would ever do such a thing? Not me, that's for sure! Why, who has heard anything different? Has that bitch Eminem been talking about me again? I did NOT have sex with him, lambs!

by Anonymousreply 3511/11/2012

Yes, this has happened to me OP and it wounds! You don't know the PAIN! In fact I'n going to re-live that pain over and over again once I get paid enough to!

by Anonymousreply 3611/11/2012

I'm curious to know why r12 says he hates himself for displaying the same attitude.

Why can't/won't/don't you acknowledge a trick in public, r12? Especially if it's just a "hi - can we talk later?" type thing.

Why do you ignore them? Are you ashamed of your behavior with them? Are you ashamed that they saw you naked? Are you afraid they'll want to be friends or want more sex?

I'm really interested to hear your answer as I've been on the receiving end of the cold shoulder in these situations.

by Anonymousreply 3711/11/2012

You deserved that text, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3811/11/2012

I'm a give away as I always have a huge wet spot

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2012

the solution sounds like finding a way to reconcile how you're going to interact with people and behavior you're ashamed of being associated with, or finding a way to avoid them/it altogether.

you can't change what has happened but going forward remember you always have choices.

I'm gonna remember I wrote this the next time I go tomcattin'

by Anonymousreply 4011/11/2012

As a fellow man slut who fucks married / "curious" types, whenever I run into them at the mall, grocery store, gym, etc - a knowing nod of the head, a smile over the shoulder. some sort of simple acknowledgement is typical. I don't expect more.

But I have been in the situation where I was at a house warming party - invited by a friend, I barely knew the host. One of the other guests was a guy I had hooked up before, a long time ago, back in the days of The guy was um, to be polite, not attractive. And strange. And hadn't aged well at ALL. I had some class though, I said hi and exchanged pleasantries, but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 4111/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!