Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What Happened With Prop 8?

What was the final outcome? Wasn't it declared unconstitutional?

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

When will the SC report?

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2012

The Supreme Court will announce whether they will hear the Prop 8 case on November 20th.

If they decline to hear it, the last judgement in the case which found Prop 8 to be unconstitutional stands.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2012

I hope the conservatives do not use our case to enact revenge for Obama's reelection.

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2012

Some are saying that the Supremes will use the passage of the referenda in Maine, Washington and Maryland as "cover" for their decision not to hear the case.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2012

[quote]Some are saying that the Supremes will use the passage of the referenda in Maine, Washington and Maryland as "cover" for their decision not to hear the case.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

[Huh?]

The Court may decide, in light of the election results, to not hear the case, leaving the original ruling against 8 to stand. Same-sex marriage would then be legal in California once again.

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2012

[quote]I hope the conservatives do not use our case to enact revenge for Obama's reelection.

Me too. Especially since the conservative justices know Obama will probably make some SC appointments during the next four years and this is likely conservatives' last chance to strike it down.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

Scalia is on record as opposing marriage equality on Constitutional grounds. I hope to hell he doesn't get to rule on this.

DOMA is flat-out unconstitutional, as is Prop 8.

Both should be abolished.

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

R8 demonstrates that Republicans are the party of spite and hate.

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2012

Prop 8 will either be overturned by the Supremes or it will not be heard. I suspect it will not be heard. There are other cases coming to the SC on this issue.

I always am amazed at the level of racism and bigotry that exist within the LGBT community. One would think that having been oppressed, there would be more understanding. Alas, money trumps civil rights. So sad. So pathetic.

Yes, I know you are not racist. You just love money more than anything. That is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2012

R8 , in the words of the immortal Blanche Devereaux: Eat dirt and die, trash.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2012

OP: You can't hurry law. No, you just have to wait. You know law don't come easy. It's a game of give and take.

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

What a worthless piece of shit r8 is !

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

"I hope they do use it to exact revenge and uphold it now. You voted Obama and I would love for those that did to see there are consequences. I would never believe I would be saying this months ago."

Ok, I'll feed the troll.

Let's assume the Supreme Court upholds Prop 8. How the fuck, Troll, do you think their ruling otherwise would have been more likely had Romney gotten elected?

Please, Troll, start talking.

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

Nothing changes other than the fact if Prop 8 came up again, I would not donate money, would not man phone banks and would not answer the question on my ballot.

I simply said that I hope Prop 8 is upheld as a retaliatory action in the face of Obama winning.

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

R16, that's as stupid as it is petty. I can't believe any sane person would want such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 1711/12/2012

[quote]I simply said that I hope Prop 8 is upheld as a retaliatory action in the face of Obama winning.

More proof that Republican = party of hate.

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

[quote]I simply said that I hope Prop 8 is upheld as a retaliatory action in the face of Obama winning.

Then you hate America and all that it stands for. You're a shitty American.

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

No one is going to take the bait.

You have the intellect of a child and as such, the adults will ignore you until you have anything real to add to the discussion.

You'll have to find your jollies some other way.

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.