Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Mitt Romney Mentally Ill?

Watching him during the debates trying to call the shots, declaring that HE looked at his tax records and they were fine (you won't be seeing them), and then it was confirmed that he really didn't have a concession speech prepared, is this guy fucking nuts? He's like Mr. Burns. He believes he's 'owed' what he wants, and that includes the presidency.

I know presidents have always been egomaniacs, but this guy is fucking nuts! He was like a cartoon character, a rich guy smoking a cigar with a monocle. I hate him, but I'm putting that aside and giving an honest assessment of his behavior. "Binders of women"? He's a CEO bastard, but even CEOs know when to turn it down a notch. Romney didn't even know when to keep his private jets, how many cars he owned, and "I know the owner" crap under his hat. He actually thought this made him relatable to middle America. He's definitely socially retarded.

Do you think he has some psychological issues, putting aside our political differences.

by Anonymousreply 3411/12/2012

He's a repiglican--they're all mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

I do not know enough about mental illness to "diagnois" him but some phrases like " The right height for trees" and "Open the windows in aircraft", and of course being a Mormon and beleiving he will day become a got to think..okay he's a little touched in the head.

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

He's also the Zodiac Killer.

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

He seemed to already think he was the boss of everyone. When any little thing didn't go according to his wishes, he got very petulant, and started freaking out and bullying everyone. Sickie.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

Romney is delusional. He's achieved so much simply by wanting it. He came from a priviliged life and then eventually into a postion of power, so he was always sort of in charge. People like that become arrogant and out-of-touch. They're also often assholes.

Now, he did go to Harvard and earn both an MBA and JD, so he's not stupid and he did work. But as he's gotten older, he's become more and more out-of-touch with the average person because he became wealthier and wealthier. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't prepare you for public service and the presidency. Romney became unrelatable and ultimately, unlikeable, which leaves him open to criticism, scorn and doing crazy, unthinking things and making rude, unfeeling statements, which leads to lying.

Romney is the type who succeeeds pretty much only with his own kind--the one percenters. He does fine within his inner circle and bubble. But when he ventures out, he has to mix with the maddening masses. It's very disconcerting for him.

And then of course, don't forget that fucked up Mormon religion of his. It has a cult-like affect and has a strange and twisted hold on a person's brain. Ultimately, Mitt is only human--but just barely.

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

Thank God peeps are getting their power back so we don't have to suffer through the political threads or the black-troll-grappling-with-slavery-and-racism threads. Cheers! Hip Hip Hooray! The East Coast is back and Chicago troll can go suck it!

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

The walking out of interviews, even on Fox News, was alarming. The guy didn't even think he had to campaign. Why would he talk to 'those people.' Don't they know who he is? The 47% comment really outs his true personality, not to mention going to the NAACP and telling them that they just wanted free crap, and they're basically lazy, living off the government dole. He was actually saying this to their faces.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

What's really funny is that a bunch of mouthbreathing hoi polloi are going to always interrupt his dinners and his evenings out. The idiots he courted.

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012

He doesn't even know basic manners. He's arrogant and rude. He went to London this summer, and before he had barely landed and before the Olympics had begun, he proclained that he wasn't sure that London was organized or prepared well enough.

This was based on nothing other than his own arrogance. The Olympics is a worlwide event, with the host country laying almost everything on the line to stage the event. And he insults the UK immediately. It was totally uncalled for and horrbly rude.

And for all of Romney touting his own experience for managing the Salt Lake City Olympics, he fails to say that he received $348 million dollars of federal money from the U.S. government to keep it all together since it was sinking fast and full of corruption.

So no, he didn't build that either.

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2012

His ENTIRE persona reeked of mental illness.

He is definitely delusional, thinking he was entitled to the office of the president because he was a wealthy man who has been waited on his entire life. For him the presidency was the next logical step!

Shitt basically wanted to be King, nothing more.

Jobs? I kept laughing when this tool went on about all the jobs he'd create!

These jobs would have been a ton of McJobs, to further line the pockets of his wealthy corporate buddies. How can a man who wanted to cut back on education and everything else to help people better their lives, truly create well paying jobs? HOW does one get a well paying job without an education? "Borrow money from your parents." further proved how out of touch this asshole was!

It's really too bad way too many Americans bought into this liars non-stop bullshit and were actually stupid enough to vote for him.

His entire air of entitlement was a huge turn off, I didn't miss the irony of this tax and military dodging fool going on about half of this country being freeloaders. While not paying HIS fair share of taxes and avoiding Vietnam because he was off in Europe preaching about his bizarre religion!

Fuck You, Mitt, you and your insipid, empty money grubbing family cannot fade away FAST enough for me!

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

He's a total dork who has no concept of how to relate to anyone who isn't bowing and scraping at his altar.

I heard a tape of him speaking at a rally in the Deep South, attempting to be folksy. He opened with a "How Y'ALL doin" and said he was goin' to eat some grits.

A serious look at most Pubbie candidates shows that they should never be allowed to say a single word that isn't on a paper in front of them.

We got Sarah Palin's moronic re-take of Paul Revere's ride where she said he rang church bells and fired a muzzle-loading gun, re-loading while riding his horse to warn the BRITISH that the Redcoats are coming.

We got Michele Bachmann rewriting the history of our Founding Fathers and screaming "Happy Birthday Elvis!" on the anniversary of his death.

Newt's handlers quit when they couldn't control his yapping mouth.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012

Romney thought he was the Mormon White Horse -- the Mormon that Joseph Smith prophesied would lead the United States and turn it into a Mormon nation.

Whoever upthread said Romney thought he was a god was not too far off.

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2012

He's as dumb as a fox.

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2012

I want the Presidency Daddy, and I want it NOW!

by Anonymousreply 1511/10/2012

I've always wondered this: if you run for President (or any big public office), and lose, and with it lose your supporter's money, are you a "disgrace"? Is this something you'll never get over?

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2012

I think he just got very far in life as a business guy who spoke in standard business school slogans...when he ran for president he had to juggle a lot more balls and think about even more stuff and he just couldn't come up with what to say.

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

Someone on DL said (on another thread) that Romney wanted to be President as training for ruling over the masses on his Kolob-planet. So true!

Guess he'll have to wait for his fucking throne.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2012

His father was supposedly the complete opposite of his son. It would be nice to see what the elder Romney would have to say about the failed campaign. He was all for showing his tax returns.

I would love to know what the family dynamic is between Mitt, the wife and sons. I read an article about Mitt having the sex talk (that you generally discuss when children are younger ) with one of his sons when he went to college and started dating his future wife. Assumed that was dueto the religious beliefs ut still.....

He comes off as someone that controls his rage but gets really angry when things don't go as he wants. He is the most loathsome, entitled person. If he is a good husband and father that would be his only redeeming quality.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2012

In 18th Century England, he's the Hogarthian cad who blows through his father's wealth and reputation, accruing ruinous gambling debts, borrowing against his wife's inheritance, and dies busted broke, in and out of jail, and syphilitic.

Bring that up to date, with a dim education and the spectre of Mormon hoodoo exceptionalism and wackadoodle morality...

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2012

Total sociopath

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2012

I had a cousin who was like Mittens. We came from an upper middle class background. His father, my uncle was a very successful lawyer. (My father was a surgeon. He died 9 yrs ago.) My aunt was a stay at home mom and an active volunteer. Cousin has two sisters and one brother all older.

They had a live in couple who handled the gardening, driving various family members around, and the housekeeping, cooking etc.

Anyway, I remember vivdly, playing board games with Cousin,and he'd always say, "It's not enough for me to win, I have to make sure you lose." He was very competitive. He cheated. He never felt like this was wrong. Ever. He felt like the end justifies the means. He had a firm belief in his own superiority and entitlement. A sense of ownership, is the best way to put it.

If he got caught cheating he lied. He became quite good at it. He rarely got in trouble at school because his family was so prominent. He did have to drop out of sports because of some problems with the coach over his behavior, but it was hushed up. He went to a small liberal arts college and it took him five years, but he graduated. Now he is a "financial planner."

He's been having some legal problems the past three years. He drinks a lot, and he has a miserable wife who is terrified of him. And very obedient. He still lies, and presumably he still cheats. Not on his wife and kids, but in his job.

I expect very soon, he will either lose his license and pay a huge fine, or he'll spend a few months in jail. But he refuses to consider it. He lives in his own world where he is still in charge and invincible.

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2012

I've heard so much about Mitt being a good father and husband.

Excuse me, he's a lying disgusting fraud and douchebag. No doubt he's probably passed those qualities along to his "boys." Tagg being one who took a more active role in the campaign and wanted to take a swing at Obama. That's not being a good father.

Ann is an entitled bitch. I'm sure she's passed along those awful qualities to her boys.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2012

[quote]He cheated. He never felt like this was wrong. Ever. He felt like the end justifies the means.

That describes Mormons in business.

by Anonymousreply 2511/10/2012

I hope that 'Veruca Romney' responses become a meme on the DL because that made me lol.

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012

In a way, yes.

I think, as others have said, that Mitt and Ann really seriously believed that he was the "White Horse" of Mormon prophecy who would ride in to save the country. They thought he was ordained by God to be President. Any lie he told, any sin or theft he ever committed was done in the service of God himself.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2012

"Shut up, [R1]. Your side won. Now shut up."

Nope - we're about to watch the most sustained attack on a president in history.

As you say, we won. Now YOU shut up...

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2012

Not sure about mental illness, but I do wonder if Mitt suffers from Aspergers.

He is as highly functioning in one narrow role - the intellectual chess of business - as he is clueless about social interaction.

Emotional intelligence simply doesn't exist for Mitten. It's almost as if he memorized the Boy Scout handbook and has relied on it as a behavioral script for life: be morally straight and use square knots.

He intellectually "knows" there are certain things he is suppose to do - give money to the church/help old ladies cross the street/take family on vacation. But Mitt's incapable of recognizing that his unscripted interactions are totally inhuman (forcibly cut hair off non-conforming boy's head/drive to Canada with the family dog strapped to the roof of the car).

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2012

Can robots be mentally ill?

by Anonymousreply 3111/11/2012

He seemed kind of unhinged to me in that first debate.

by Anonymousreply 3211/11/2012

[quote]I hope that 'Veruca Romney' responses become a meme on the DL because that made me lol.

It's a fabu meme! Keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 3311/11/2012

They always say he worshipped his dad, but I don't believe it. I think he thought his dad was a stupid Mexican rube. Imagine working in the car industry when there was already a Mormon upper class full of your cousins that sat around pillaging other people's businesses instead of trying to build stuff.

R21 is describing George W. Bush. Romney is entirely different.

by Anonymousreply 3411/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!