Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So MSNBC Has Programming On The Weekend Now?

I remember it just having that prison lockup show on a loop. Now there's Chris Hayes and Alex Witt with live shows on Saturday and Sunday. Is this new, maybe in the last year? I always said that MSNBC was missing out on having programming over the weekend. :)

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

MSNBC has done a lot more weekend political coverage during the day and evenings leading up to the election and even this weekend. However, I'm afraid when the hoopla dies down, MSNBC will revert to its "lock-up" shows, and we will be left with only Chris Hayes, Melissa Harris-Perry and Alex Witt on Saturday and Sunday mornings once again.

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

MSNBC could keep and create a dedicated viewership if they would only be on 24/7 like CNN and FOX News on the weekends. People are home on the weekends. They're turning into the other networks because they have live coverage on Saturday and Sunday. The public becomes used to those 'other' networks due to their weekend lineup and are more likely to tune into those 'other' channels during the weekdays because they've become used to watching their anchors from the weekend. MSNBC is missing out. They could even topple FOX if they just took care of the weekend. They could really be a threat to FOX. They have great anchors. Rachel Maddow would kill!

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

I agree. I love my MSNBC and the fact that they repeat their core personalities doesn't detract from the least for me. I can catch my Matthews and Sharpton and later on some Maddow and O'Donnel.

I hated forgetting it was Friday and turning on Lock-Up. Seriously what is that crap?

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

I am an MSNBC addict. But I'm also a news junkie. And I actually do like MSNBC's "lock-up" shows, but I believe I've seen them all twice.

So, I oftem tune into Fox on the weekend simply because I want news. If MSNBC ran news pundit sshows on the weekend, I'd watch. I really don't want them repeating their weeknight line-up on the weekend because I watch MSNBC each weeknight, so I've seen them all during the week. Put original news programing on, and I'm there. I do watch Chris Hayes, Melissa Harris-Perry and Alex Witt on the weekend mornings.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

" I oftem tune into Fox on the weekend simply because I want news"

How does THAT work?

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

They've added 3 hour block of "MSNBC Live" with Craig Melber on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. However, aside from that I doubt if we will get more for the time being

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!