Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Porn threat.

"Ransom ware" placed on computers after visting porn sites.

Ekk!

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012

It says in the article they get about a 3% return... people who pay up. What is the other 97% doing if their PC is seized up?

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

I got this virus about a month ago. You need to start up in safe mode and download a free maleware program. It worked fine for me. I am due to re-new my virus software (Norton did not stop this virus) and was looking to see if any of the programs out there have maleware--seems none do. I am not a techie, so if someone knows of a program, then please share.

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

r2, do you know what site you got it from?

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

Get a Mac.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

[quote] It says in the article they get about a 3% return... people who pay up. What is the other 97% doing if their PC is seized up?

Get a Mac.

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

I got this virus as well. Norton AntiVirus was not able to address it. It really does lock up your computer.

I got around it by turning off my wireless connection (it depends on the wireless connection for you to enter the PIN to send money) and then downloading Malwarebytes which took care of it immediately.

There's about a 10 second pause when you turn wireless back on so I got the URL set up and hit the enter key to go to malwarebytes before it locked up my computer again.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

[quote]free maleware program

MALEware? Where I can get one of those? (And for free!)

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

I have the worthless McAfee "protection" and I also got this FBI ransom virus. Scared the shit out of me at first but then I googled the virus on my iPhone and found out how to easily get rid of it by watching this very helpful youtube video.

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012
Loading
Need more help? Click Here.