Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tea Party Candidate Allen West refuses to concede

Even though Florida says Democratic Candidate Patrick Murphy's winning vote count outside recount range.

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012

PLEEEEEASE Never Stop!!!!

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

Math is that perverted stuff that faggots like that Nate Silver do, I'll have NOTHING to do with it!

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

West doesn't need math, he has THE LORD!

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

West is somewhat "special." things like arithmetic are beyond his grasp, and he will never comprehend the idea that he could lose. Before Reagan was president, people like this were safe in mental institutions.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

So what does this mean? Does he have to concede at this point? Is he going to chain himself to his desk?

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

He is a major loon, always has been. They should just ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

Still hasn't conceded from what I can tell in the latest news reports.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2012

He needs to take his own advice and "get the hell out."

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2012

Will the Capitol Police have to remove the personal contents from his office in January?

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2012

I can picture him in twenty years,in tattered clothes, standing on a street corner in suburban Miami , carrying a sign...I Demand a Recount. Then the attendants drive up and return him to Shady Pines.

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2012

Shady Pines, Allen.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2012

We should be mindful of the fact that he's a retired lieutenant colonel. Can't they give him a new district somehow? Preferably something overseas like downtown Damascus.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2012

He's a total jackass and a darling of the Tea Party.

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2012

Move his desk and personal belonging into the alley.

by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2012

I find him seriously scary. He reminds me of the nuts that get fired then everyone ELSE has to pay.

Maybe Faux Noise will offer him a nice job. That might be mollifying. Isn't Juan Williams the only current African American (regular) pundit there?

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2012

We need Allen West to prove that we are not racists.

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2012

What does he care about the cost to the public of paying for an un-winnable recount? It's not like he stands for fiscal conservatism or anything.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2012

shove a bunch of tea bags in his ass and put him in a pot of boiling water. Cook till done.

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2012

Allen West is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2012

Let's hope he keeps this up so more people get disgusted with him.

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2012

Typical Republican: Ignoring the will of the people, ignoring math, ignoring reality... pure arrogance mixed with petulant childishness.

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2012

He doesn't need to concede. He just needs to leave by Jan 1.

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2012

Did Mary Bono Mack concede?

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012

Mary Bono Mack is overdue for a ski trip.

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2012

East is East and West is Whack.

by Anonymousreply 2511/12/2012

Yes, Bono Mack finally conceded a day or so ago, R23.

So that's another Republican Member of Congress gone.

by Anonymousreply 2611/12/2012

Well, West knows Florida and in FL, a winner isn't a winner until there's a court battle.

I kid.

by Anonymousreply 2711/12/2012

[quote]Partial recount not enough to let Allen West keep seat

Associated Press

Monday, November 12, 2012

FORT PIERCE — A partial recount gave Rep. Allen West a slight bump Sunday in his fight to remain in Congress, but not enough to mandate a full review of ballots or to end threats of lawsuits from his campaign.

St. Lucie County's limited recount revised downward the totals for West and the unofficial winner in the race, Democrat Patrick Murphy. Because Murphy lost more votes in the recount than West, it was a net gain for the Republican incumbent, though his margin of loss remained just above the threshold to order a full recount.

Neither side left the supervisor of elections' office happy. Murphy's campaign noted even a partial recount wasn't necessary under state law. West's campaign objected to the three days of early-voting ballots that were recounted, the absence of a full recount of early votes and the county's refusal to turn over some other documentation requested.

"What's going on today is a sham. It does nothing to address all the concerns we have," West campaign manager Tim Edson said. "We'll take every legal action necessary."

St. Lucie's revised numbers, combined with previously reported numbers for the district's two other counties, had Murphy with a 50.3 percent share of the ballots, an overall lead of 1,907 votes. That margin of six-tenths of a percentage point is just above the half-percentage point threshold to order a full recount.

"They got what they wanted, they lost," said Sean Domnick, an attorney for Murphy. "It's time to step aside and let Patrick Murphy do the business of the people."

Though not required, St. Lucie County agreed to the partial recount to settle concerns over the processing of some early votes, which election officials said was done "out of an abundance of caution." Heather Young, an assistant county attorney, said all dates affected by an Election Night failure in loading memory cards were included in Sunday's count.

Still, a protracted legal fight by West appeared more likely with each passing day.

The race was the country's most expensive House contest and one of the most closely watched. The two sides had raised nearly $21 million as of Oct. 17, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, and Super PACs poured in about $6.6 million.

West, 51, is a first-term tea party favorite and one of only two black Republicans in the House. He has made a string of headline-grabbing statements, from calling a majority of congressional Democrats communists to saying President Barack Obama, Rep. Nancy Pelosi and others should "get the hell out of the United States."

Murphy, 29, is a political newcomer who portrayed West as an extremist who has done little else in Washington than stoke partisan fires.

by Anonymousreply 2811/12/2012

I'm starting to hate this guy almost as much as I hate Bachmann

by Anonymousreply 2911/12/2012

The Republican Legislature created this district just for ME! I am supposed to win!

by Anonymousreply 3011/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!