Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

California is bright Blue Baby!

Republicans in California are now completely irrelevant. Not only did Ca. vote itself a tax on millionaires and a sales tax to help the budget, they elected a Democratic super majority. Republicans over played their hand and now they just don't matter here anymore. This is a forecast of how the country will go.

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012

Well congratulations. Yet it wasn't long ago we watched your governor get driven out of town, replaced with a Nazi and the Mormons erase your marriage rights.

But good luck.

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

Anybody who thinks all this can only last forever is only kidding themselves.

It all depends on good government in the end.

The longer a party - any party - stays in power, the greater the risk they wind up out of touch.

So while I'd love to see you correct, OP, the first risk of the pendulum swinging back is complacency.

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

Hopefully, they'll govern wisely. There's a backlog of inanity that has to be reckoned with, from Proposition 13 onward.

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

Not to be a buzzkill. It is great, no doubt about it. But, CA really does have substantial issues to confront and now Dems HAVE to provide a remedy, and they'll have no excuses like Repug obstruction.

The elections have been wonderful, but we are waking up to the same crappy economy, overall financial mess as before.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

R5, thanks, that was spot on satire.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

Great parody post, R5.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

Why not dig up Ronnie Reagan to bankrupt the state again

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012

Unfortunately for us here in NY, the NY state senate is again overwhelmingly Republican.

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2012

I remember back in the 80s my bf reading an article about how more states should be lie CA. At that point, the state of CA had a budget surplus and a top notch university system that was free to state residents. It was utopia.

And then.....

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

R1 wins.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

It kind of warms my heart that Ronald Reagan, who started this whole Republican mess in the first place by being elected Governor of California, could never ever be elected Governor of that state today. The demographics of California have changed so much that a candidate as right-wing as Reagan was would be totally dismissed by Californians today as a loon. That's real progress.

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.