Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Home Urinals

Why haven't they caught on? Seems like the water savings alone would justify their use in every house.

Or do the 1% already have them and I'm just showing myself to be a hopeless rube?

by Anonymousreply 7011/22/2012

Because most people don't want a pee trough in their house?

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

Do the 1 % even do a # 1 or a # 2 ? (well, except on the rest of us ...)

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

I've always wanted a urinal in my house. I hate peeing into a toilet—it's a splashy mess.

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

What are the options for a home urinal? Are they different from the commercial options, like restaurants, stores, theaters, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

What would women bitch about if the toilet seat was always down?

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

The possibilities are endless. This one's nice.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

I agree. This is a fixture that would be 100% practical for everyone in the family but has never caught on.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

I'm an idiot and I actually looked into installing a urinal.

They are pricey!

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2012

[quote] I hate peeing into a toilet—it's a splashy mess.

R3, do you skin back before pissing? Or piss through the foreskin?

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

This one is on sale. I'm sure you can get one for around $300. It features an elongated front for that final shake.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

This thread is useless without sidelong glances.

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012

You need to install at least two urinals and no goddamn urinal divider!

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2012

Would they sell urinal cakes that smell of fresh linen or lavender ?

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2012

I first read this thread's title as "human urinals" and was wondering why the OP thought they hadn't caught on - he's obviously never been to Folsom.

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2012

Of course, R15, we penised types could never begin to understand the horror of encountering a raised toilet seat. Our troubles pale in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2012

Are women that stupid that they don't look at the toilet seat and adjust accordingly? Or is this just part of their sick moon-driven game they play on men?

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

First off, men who leave the seat up OR women who bitch about that are both pigs. The LID IS SUPPOSED TO BE DOWN at all times the toilet is not used. These Fraus who complain about seat not being put down for their royal fat asses are not meaning with the lid down as well. There is a geyser of vaporized filth and disease causing germs that settle on all the bathroom surfaces when a toilet is flushed... check high speed photographic images.

As for why no urinal, it is two stinking pieces of porcelain to have to clean instead of one.... oh never mind... cleanliness is not a major problem apparently....

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2012

Nothing beats taking a whizz in an old grand gargantuan shoulder to floor urinal.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2012

[quote]As for why no urinal, it is two stinking pieces of porcelain to have to clean instead of one.... oh never mind... cleanliness is not a major problem apparently....

Who cleans their own bathroom? And, no, I'm not Ann Romney.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2012

No single taskers!

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2012

Would they sell urinal cakes that smell of fresh linen or lavender ?

Just burn any Yankee Candle to get that smell, [R14]. They all smell like urinal cakes.

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2012

My uncle installed two urinals in his dream house that he built on Lake Michigan. It made sense there because there are no public sewers and everything has to go down a septic tank. However, his bathrooms and (the adjoining rooms), always smelled like gas station restrooms, a combo of stale urine and urinal cake. I would never have one in my house.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2012

[quote]First off, men who leave the seat up OR women who bitch about that are both pigs. The LID IS SUPPOSED TO BE DOWN at all times the toilet is not used. These Fraus who complain about seat not being put down for their royal fat asses are not meaning with the lid down as well. There is a geyser of vaporized filth and disease causing germs that settle on all the bathroom surfaces when a toilet is flushed... check high speed photographic images.

By your logic, wouldn't it be more sanitary to keep it up when not in use?

Up would keep it farther away from the water when it's flushed, and a vertical surface would collect less filth than a horizontal surface (especially one inches away from the water in the bowl), right?

by Anonymousreply 2511/10/2012

I'm with R19--I always put the lid down on the toilet before flushing. Also I don't leave things like toothbrushes out where they can get hit with the aerosol filth that flies out of the toilet when it is flushed. It's weird to me that I seem to be in the minority on this; friends will visit and leave the seat up after they use my bathroom, and every one of them is a very clean person. How has this information not sunk in?

The other one is people who leave their dish sponge in the kitchen sink...it's the germiest place in any home. They'd be better off if they washed their dishes in the toilet than rubbing their dishes with a sponge that's been lying on a film of bacteria.

by Anonymousreply 2611/10/2012

I can see why the waterless ones would smell but if they flush/rinse it seems like they'd be okay. Not sure though since I'm penisless I've never used one. It seems like a great idea for families with a lot of boys.

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2012

Home urinals are already installed in most homes; they are often referred to as "sinks"

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2012

If I left my lid down, my dog would die of thirst.

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2012

Toilets should be redesigned so there's a urinal option and a bowl option in the same unit. They should also prevent flushing unless the lid is down.

For something that everyone needs, and with such a huge market, you'd think designs would have changed some. But they haven't.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2012

The new international terminal at the airport in Atlanta has waterless urinals. They smell as bad as you'd imagine.

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2012

Some new toilets do have two buttons you can push... one for pee (lower water) and one for things requiring... more water.

by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2012

T here are 120 viruses in feces, and when a toilet is flushed, water aerosol spray with more than 25,000 virus particles and 600,000 bacteria are ejected from the toilet bowl and can travel up to 6 feet away from the toilet, too quick for you to escape!

These particles last several hours and have the potential, especially in public toilets, to cause dangerous disease. These water particles from the aerosol spray can contain bacteria like salmonella, E. coli, or streptococcus pygoenes.

The greatest aerosol dispersal occurs not during the initial moments of the flush, but when most of the water has already left the bowl." It is advised to leave the (bathroom -- restroom) immediately after flushing to not have the microscopic, airborne mist land on you. Worse still is the possibility of getting the airborne particles in the lungs by inhaling them, from which one could easily contract a cough or cold

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2012

[quote]Home urinals are already installed in most homes; they are often referred to as "sinks"

Do a lot of people really pee in their sinks? Wow, that seems weird. I have never done that. And I can honestly say it's never even occurred to me till I read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3411/10/2012

Urinals smell like pee, even if they're flused every time.

by Anonymousreply 3511/10/2012

Do whatever you want want with urinals, but get rid of the urinal dividers. Goddammit I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 3611/10/2012

The old-fashioned floor to waist-high porcelain urinals are old-world elegance and the easier urinals to sneak a peak at your piss partner's dick since you have to stand back a bit and not try to lean in too much--or you'll fall in.

Also, bring back the piss troughs too--dick city!

by Anonymousreply 3711/10/2012

[quote]T here are 120 viruses in feces, and when a toilet is flushed, water aerosol spray with more than 25,000 virus particles and 600,000 bacteria are ejected from the toilet bowl and can travel up to 6 feet away from the toilet, too quick for you to escape!

An yet we have survived this for decades!!

by Anonymousreply 3811/10/2012

For the same reason that home bidets are not common -- extra plumbing. (Except with a bidet you get drops of watery doody on the floor)

by Anonymousreply 3911/10/2012

Yet fingering with a glove is looked at as a bad thing. An ass is an ass, and while it can multi task effectively for fun and games, you can't put lipstick on that pig.

by Anonymousreply 4011/10/2012

Um hello, We are all supposed he be sitting down to pee anyway!

THREAD CLOSED

by Anonymousreply 4111/10/2012

g

by Anonymousreply 4211/10/2012

Can someone please make this into a thread? It's hilarious DL gold, the jokes will just write themselves, people:

South African arrested with 'nephew's genitals in his wallet'

by Anonymousreply 4311/10/2012

You think the 1% are regular old toilet-goers, sweetie?

by Anonymousreply 4411/10/2012

R39. Ever use a bidet? It cleans you like nothing else and feels fucking awesome. Bidets are very common in Europe. I wish we had more bidets in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 4511/10/2012

Agree with R15. Why spend thousands of dollars to install a urinal when pissing in the sink serves the same function? Run a little water just after and none's the wiser.

by Anonymousreply 4611/10/2012

My father worked at a plumbing supply house. They had bidets in the show room. As a young gayling I had no idea what they were for and couldn't figure it out... but I had an instinct fun zones were involved somehow.

That said, bidets aren't the most comfortable thing to sit on. I prefer the fabulous multi function toilets out of Japan. Some days, better than a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 4711/10/2012

Use the bushes instead, or an empty coke bottle that can go in the trash.

by Anonymousreply 4811/10/2012

How many of you bitches pee in the sink?

by Anonymousreply 4911/10/2012

When I'm home, I almost exclusively pee in my bathroom sink. I just like it. It's the right height, no splashes and uses less water to rinse out the sink.

I even piss in your bathroom sink when I'm visiting.

by Anonymousreply 5011/10/2012

If anybody has ever owned a cat who likes to curl up in the sink or in the tub knows, this could turn ugly very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5111/10/2012

When I was 5, we lived in Europe and when we stayed in a hotel with a bidet and I asked about it, I was told they were for washing feet.

by Anonymousreply 5211/10/2012

R19--Your argument does not support leaving the lid and seat down all the time--only during the flush.

I used to think a bidet served only one purpose for a woman just after intercourse. A bidet is really just a low sink. It can be used to wash any part of the lower body, including feet. Since Americans have showers and use them frequently, it never caught on here. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 5311/10/2012

Urinal cakes are for public urinals because there is no guarantee any of the unwashed masses would actulaly flush. If you had one in your home and flushed, there would be no smell.

The Sondheim Theater on Broadway is a new building they built "green" and the urinals are new state of the art waterless ones. I don't know how they work, I didn't stick around to find out because I don't hang out in public shitholes.

by Anonymousreply 5411/10/2012

Urinal? I just pick a wall, pull it out, piss and have the Mexican woman clean up after me.

by Anonymousreply 5511/10/2012

Who the hell pees anymore?

Savages.

by Anonymousreply 5611/11/2012

The Sondheim Theatre isn't a new building...

by Anonymousreply 5711/11/2012

As a short, somewhat funny looking, mildly retarded pocket gay, I have to use a toilet. When I looked into purchasing a urinal, the price was ok, but the space requirements were prohibitive.

by Anonymousreply 5811/11/2012

On the way home, I took a short cut through an alley and a new house a few blocks away had one on a half finished and somewhat isolated extra back porch.

Maybe another addition to a "Man Cave."

by Anonymousreply 5911/11/2012

[quote]Toilets should be redesigned so there's a urinal option and a bowl option in the same unit.

Already exists:

by Anonymousreply 6011/11/2012

This thread is making my balls tingle

by Anonymousreply 6111/12/2012

why don't you stop Pooping...think of all the money you'd save....

by Anonymousreply 6211/12/2012

r39, how does it cause watery doody on the floor? after you spray yourself clean, you still got to wipe your butt dry before standing!

the handheld spray-type bidet doesn't require burdensome additional plumbing. just a quick "splitter" from the piping where the standard hose (the one that supplies the tank) is connected and voila!

i don't like the sit-on type of bidet. gross. and clean up after a poop without a bidet even grosser.

by Anonymousreply 6311/12/2012

I've seen bidet's in hotels in France, but never used one. I'm not entirely clear on how they work. Next time I'm there I'll have to experiment and see.

That aside, if / when we add a master bath, we're totally putting in a urinal!

by Anonymousreply 6411/15/2012

I can just see poor germophobe R33 RUNNING out of the bathroom after a flush!

I pee in the sink, but it's not a good idea. The pipes are not flushed often enough and they can corrode, plus just a little bit of running the water doesn't eliminate the odor.

But I'd LOVE to do it in R33's sink, just to make him/her freak out. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 6511/15/2012

what is very interesting is now that I've clicked on one of the links, ALL the ads popping up on datalounge are for American Standard (r) products. They are rotating all over the screen. This is odd and leads me to think there is a plumbing troll out there who has targeted this audience. So.. how many of you have clicked on the ads?

by Anonymousreply 6611/19/2012

[quote] Do whatever you want want with urinals, but get rid of the urinal dividers. Goddammit I hate them.

Amen, sister. It's not nice to cockblock a bitch when he's just trying to get a glimpse of a nice big trouser snake danglin' down.....

...and uh, also the cleanliness factor sucks there, too. Nothing like bumping up against a divider splattered with the spray from others.

by Anonymousreply 6711/21/2012

OK, r3, if it's a splashy mess to pee standing up at the toilet, SIT THE FUCK DOWN--nobody sees you anyway so "they're" not going to laugh and point and call you a woman. At home I always sit to pee, especially during the night when I have to get up and don't want to turn the light on. Any amount of piss on the rim of the toilet is unacceptable, just as with standing up I have to fumble around, pull my dick out and it still feels constricted because of the underwear not being pulled down. I like to wipe the tip after peeing because I don't want any dribbling in my underwear at all, just as I don't want any skidmarks of shit. I liked r20's post about the urinals that went to the floor and wish they still had them in public places but not at home; the really old time ones in old bars were like one huge trough that went to the floor with a pipe above that dripped constantly as the flushing mechanism. Finally r46 prompts a question--who pees in the shower, let alone the sink?

by Anonymousreply 6811/22/2012

As someone previously mentioned apart from taking extra space that is highly expensive (like in New York for example) there are a lot of decent alternatives, like the already mentioned solution of having two kinds of flush options (one for pee and one for #2). Regarding bidets. I don't get the big deal about them. I just use regular toilet paper and then a baby wipe to clean my ass crack. When I need water splashing against my asshole I just just use my enema hose.

It is my own experience when you are the (only) one cleaning your own toilet you want the job to be done as quickly as possible and yet you are used to dealing with your own pee and shit.

All this extra stuff (like urinals or bidet) just scream 'show off' to me where people who like to entertain want their guests to go 'ooooh, how fancy!'.

by Anonymousreply 6911/22/2012
Need more help? Click Here.