Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cuba

What's the deal. It's 2012, why not just open up. Who cares anymore?

by Anonymousreply 1012/17/2014

I don't get it either. Is Castro even still alive?

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

He is and so what? The cold war has been over for decades.

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

Let's make a bet. In year Three of Obama's second term, after 80% of his legislative agenda is complete, he will normalize relations with Cuba. He will do it sooner if he has a comfortable Democratic majority in both Houses of Congress.

Begin to look for loosening of relations and other signs and signals before then. If we see some positive movement, it'll happen. Everything depends on how the Latino Community in FLA feels.

I suspect the younger generations will welcome it. There are relatives there they'd like to see and to help. Most Cubans in Cuba like Obama, so does Fidel, but he'll never say so.

Most Cubans in Cuba don't have a desire to relocate here. Remember when Elian Gonzalez's father, Juan Miguel came here to get him? Some reporter asked if he wanted to live in the USA, and he said, 'Hell no!' citing all our problems with crime, drugs, and our inferior healthcare system, and culture among other things. A lot of people were dumbstruck. They think everyone wants to be us. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

R3= Miss Cleo! I for one would love to travel there.

by Anonymousreply 412/17/2014

wow

by Anonymousreply 512/17/2014

Cuba is about to be opened.

by Anonymousreply 612/17/2014

R3 had it right. Kudos to our insider. Valerie Jarrett is posting on datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 712/17/2014

No. 1 story on the news

by Anonymousreply 812/17/2014

Gives the Republicans something to fuck with come January.

by Anonymousreply 912/17/2014

Who cares?

Not me. Not most of America. Unfortunately, the Cubans can swing Florida. With luck, they'll come around and support the policy.

by Anonymousreply 1012/17/2014
Need more help? Click Here.