Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romney popular vote falls to 47.9% !

If only Romney could get the irony, but he never will.

And CA and NY are not even fully counted yet.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2012

Thanks, OP! I was thinking of posting this. I updated it on another thread as well.

POPULAR VOTE

Barack Obama (50.6%) 61,681,462

Mitt Romney (47.9%) 58,488,199

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

Poor pathetic Mittens.

Oh yeah, it was Hurricane Sandy's fault.

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

Another $5,000 in "donated" canned goods would have made all the difference!

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

Hey Shitt...guess what?

We poor, unfortunate 47 percent schleps...VOTE!! Well, whaddaya know?!

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

One more thing, Shitt...We 47 percent also like firing people.

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

I'm so much prouder to be a part of the 47% Romney hated than the 47% that voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

When you think how close we came to having that anti-gay, shape-shifting Mormon as POTUS... I just shudder.

I never knew how much I wanted Obama to be Pres. again- til he was. I almost cried.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

It's official, Obama just won Florida. There had been three counties still to go, and the deadline ot count votes was noon today. It's just been called. Florida is fucking blue, baby.

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012

It just shows that the American people, despite a disturbing and substantial ignorance, disengagement and prejudice, will not vote for a shifting, dishonest business shark who refuses to run on his record because, on the one hand it stinks, and on the other what does not stink is unacceptable to the maniacs controlling the Republican Party.

Good for America.

And in 2016 if Hillary runs she will win by a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2012

Seriously, be careful out there. I think conservative bitterness over this election will remain for a long time, and something will happen with the extreme crazies (another Okla City?), and everyday rightwingers may be more into getting in the face of people they perceive as Dems - basically any non-white person, or a white person who doesn't look like People of Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

That is still one heck of a lot of scary, anti-gay, bible thumping Americans.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

Agree that 47 % of the voters voting for Romney is just chilling. Yeegads.

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012

I agree that it mystifies me how things got so far.

His arrogance in his refusal to release his tax returns. His "businessman leadership" of Bain which destroyed American jobs. And his effortless, [italic][bold]constant[/italic][/bold] lying and flip-flopping should have been enough to wipe him off the map.

I was terrified that he would win and I just could not understand how others could support him.

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2012

[quote]Seriously, be careful out there. I think conservative bitterness over this election will remain for a long time, and something will happen with the extreme crazies (another Okla City?), and everyday rightwingers may be more into getting in the face of people they perceive as Dems -

I've been worrying about this too. Prominent Republicans have been talking about buying guns, revolution and seceding from the country. They sound treasonous to me. Frankly, I think it's a very dangerous time for the President and Democrats in general. I hope the Secret Service is being extra extra vigilant.

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2012

Yes, 47% is way way too high in my opinion. It should have been a landslide for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 1511/10/2012

I can't help but think that the "real" Republicans sat out 2012, conceding it to Obama in advance. Seriously, look at the field of contenders Romney had to beat: Santorum, Gingrich, Cain, Bachmann, not a real power player in the bunch. Romney was like Dole.

They put up an old man because it was "his turn." Meanwhile the real contenders are cooling their heels for 2016. Speaking of which, I think Hillary will be a "her turn" token loser if the Democrats nominate her against an attractive younger male opponent like Rubio. Not saying I want that to happen, only that I think it will.

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2012

Hillary looks totally exhausted to me. Sadly, I don't think she's physically up to it.

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2012

Karl Rove is spinning in his grave.

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

I don't think she is, either, r17. And, honestly, I think the woman deserves a rest. She's been a one-woman show as SOS and I think she's done a lot more behind the scenes as SOS than she could as prez.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2012

r17, She can take 3 years off to rest up.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.