Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New trend: If you voted for Obama, your money is no good here

OK folks, it's time to take a stand. We will try to demonstrate once again that the bottom line for business is principle, not money. Yes, it has been damaging at times but our values are intact. Effective immediately, if you voted for Obama, your money is no good here. You have proven beyond a doubt that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm. We have just a sign up on the front door to save you the trouble of walking all the way in here.

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012

It's a shooting gallery in Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 111/10/2012

Guns or needles?

by Anonymousreply 211/10/2012

Put yourself out of business and a big thank you from the gun shops who don't care who you voted for if they get money in.

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

I think the appropriate expression here is shooting yourself in the foot.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

If only more businesses were like this, life would be a lot easier for us progressive consumers.

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

I'm fine with this. I owned a small business in 2008 and proudly displayed a NO on Prop 8 sign in my window (this wasn't in a liberal area of California). I know I lost business, but I didn't care. If these idiots feel the same way about "Obamabots" as I did about Prop 8, more power to them.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

I live in Arizona. This is Pinetop in the White mountains. Rednecks would be sissies in Pinetop. All of Arizona is a bit crazy, mean and bigoted but the northern area is like unabomber country

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

The mentality! Absurd!

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012

So is this to "intimidate" people who voted for Obama? How do they KNOW if someone who voted for Obama is spending money there, unless the person discloses the information? I vote we all go spend money at these places, and then tell them a bit afterwords....."oh, by the way....thanks for the service....I voted for Obama!"

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2012

Why are Americans always so fucking paranoid about everything? You read the comments on his FB and you'd think Obama is personally going to come take their guns and make them butt-fuck each other.

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

Nothing is better for business than alienating over 50% of your potential customers.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

Like there aren't any other gun shops/firing ranges that would be happy to take my $$...

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012

R9, I wouldn't spend a penny there, but I would enjoy telling him no sale on that $800 gun I've been looking at. Too bad, but I voted for Obama.

Anyone this stupid has to be told he's losing money before he'll realize it.

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2012

I wish I knew more business owners' true beliefs so that I could spend my money with people who don't hate me. I already do feel pretty comfortable with most businesses I support, but it's still a tough call.

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 1511/10/2012

I find it unsettling that almost half the U.S. voted for a candidate they didn't like, admire or approve of. Yes, some of it was racism. But also gay-bashing, women-bashing (the contraceptive and abortion thing), greed, selfishness and a disregard for the environment future generations will inherit.

And they're sitting right next to you (The Sociopath Next Door?).

On a related note: I think a lot of folks wanted to vote for Obama, but were afraid it might somehow get back to their employer. They were probably silently rejoicing when he won.

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2012

I'm a gun owner and a Democrat. I'm grateful this guy makes it easy for me to decide to spend my money elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2012

R7 is right. Pinetop/Lakeside/Show Low is the heart of a very crazy part of Arizona. Heavily Mormon, full of survivalists and quasi-militia paranoids. The late William Cooper, an anti-government hate radio talker, was headquartered and gunned down there. An aquaintance grew up gay there, and felt he left just in time with his life and sanity (somewhat) intact.

As another Arizonan, I avoid the White Mountain area...beautiful and full of wonderful recreational opportunities...because of the very nutty people.

Coconino County and the indian reservations are safer for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2012

And when he goes bankrupt, which he will, he'll be the first in line to scream for Medicare and social assistance...

by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2012

Childish Petulance is all Republicans seem to have to offer anyone any more.

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2012

R18 if you want the best of Arizona come to Pima, Cochise and Santa Cruz county.

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2012

R18 I used to work with a group of developmentally disable young people. We took a group of about 25 to Pinetop for a vacation.We did all the things anyone would do but you can imagine the attention we got. People would watch aghast at our motley crew. I would see them sizing us all up trying to figure out which ones were not ok and which ones might be in charge. Just to confuse those gawking if I saw someone watching me I would suddenly jerk my head around a bit with a slightly off ball expression or do some subtle little physical gag to make sure we were all suspects.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2012

What did Obama say about guns that has the fanatics so worked up? Has ANYTHING changed in the last 4 years regarding their rights to slaughter anyone they feel like? If anything, they have MORE gun rights now.

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2012

Silly R24. There doesn't have to be any actual fact-based reason for their hysteria. They can get just as hysterical about what MIGHT happen (according to Rush Disgust) as they can about what actually has.

Just like the nutball who cancelled her cable because of the higher taxes she was entirely sure were going to put her in severe financial distress... any... minute... now.

These people are suffering from brainwashing, which has now led in many of them to mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2012

They "time to take a stand" as if what they are doing takes balls and/or courage.

They would have been useless, say, during the American Revolution when militias actually tooks risks. These assholes would have run the other way.

I guess idiots are impressed with their "courage" but anyone with have a brain knows they are windbags.

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!