Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

There are limitless slurs for women.

The only one I can think that's exclusively male is "cad". Are there more that I'm not aware of?

by It could come in handyreply 2611/10/2012

OP = Oblivious Prick

by It could come in handyreply 111/09/2012

Jerk

Dick

Bastard

by It could come in handyreply 211/09/2012

I agree that there's a double standard for gender-specific slurs in general but it used to be even worse when it came to sexual promiscuity.

A woman who slept around was called a slut, whore, Jezebel, etc.

But a man who slept around was called a lothario, playboy, etc.

Nowadays, whore and slut are more gender neutral but, back in the day, there really wasn't a pejorative male word for being sexually active and there wasn't a positive/neutral female word for the same behavior.

That being said, I believe "bounder" is a slur that's used against males only.

by It could come in handyreply 311/09/2012

Asshole

Horndog

Motherfucker

Get out more, OP.

by It could come in handyreply 411/09/2012

meshuga, nebbish, nudnik, pisher, putz, schlemiel, schlub, schmo, schmuch, schnorrer, shmenbik

All of the following have wormed their way into the English language. None refer to ladies.

by It could come in handyreply 511/09/2012

these rarely if ever are used against women, OP

Faggot Pigfucker Cocksucker Prick Dick Schmuck Motherfucker Sisterfucker Dickless Wonder Limp Dick Troll Needle dick Whoremonger Pimp Rapist Bastard Son of a Bitch

by It could come in handyreply 611/09/2012

Rake.

In the UK, isn't cunt most often used to refer to men?

by It could come in handyreply 711/09/2012

OP, are you posting from 1940?

Have you ever slapped someone with your gloves?

by It could come in handyreply 811/09/2012

Older southern women have some of the best male derogatory words like hooligan, rapscallion and scamp.

by It could come in handyreply 911/10/2012

If you think about it, 'son of a bitch' and 'bastard' aren't really slurs against men - they blame the mother.

by It could come in handyreply 1011/10/2012

Motherfucker is definitely against the male

by It could come in handyreply 1111/10/2012

Pussy!

by It could come in handyreply 1211/10/2012

Hmmm...

"Douche" and "douchebag" used to be exclusively a male insult but I may have heard a woman called that before.

I can't ever remember a woman being called a "dickwad."

by It could come in handyreply 1511/10/2012

R13 men may have it easier but gay men have it a hundred times worse than lesbians. If you're a gay or bisexual woman the only insult is to be called a dyke, if you're a gay or bisexual male you're called a fag, queer, poof, fairy, fudgepacker, queen, freak, pedophile, fruit,boy lover the list is endless. Abd any male privelege you get in society for being a white male COMPLETELY dissappears if you are a gay or bi male. It's like you immediately fall to the bottom of the barrle in society.

by It could come in handyreply 1611/10/2012

It's not there aren't as many slurs for men, it's that a long history of sexism and male dominance, they simply don't have the same impact. No guy will really care if he's called a "dick," for example. It's not going to have the same effect as a woman being called a bitch or a cunt. Black people can call white people honkeys or "whitey" but it's never going to have the same impact as black people being called racial slurs.

by It could come in handyreply 1711/10/2012

R3 the double standard also exists for gay/bi women and gay/bi men. If you're a gay/bi woman it's hot, trendy, a woman's prerogative, no big deal, trendy, or girl power!we don't need no men! If you're a gay/bi male it's gross,sick,perverted, what's the hell wrong with you? How come you don't like pussy? Were you molested by a man as a child? You're gonna spread AIDS!

by It could come in handyreply 1811/10/2012

Whenever you hear a woman say 'if a man did that they wouldn't call him a bitch' I've always thought 'no, they'd call him an asshole.'

Asshole is generally a male slur, I think.

by It could come in handyreply 1911/10/2012

The best insults for men are the same as women. Call a guy (especially a straight guy) a bitch or a cunt (preferably "fucking bitch" or "fucking cunt") in a serious way, not playfully, and it will have impact.

by It could come in handyreply 2011/10/2012

I think today the biggest put down for a guy is to use a gay slur against him - cocksucker, faggot, homo.

by It could come in handyreply 2111/10/2012

I don't think the word bitch is so bad. In fact, it's pretty much synonymous with powerful woman.

by It could come in handyreply 2211/10/2012

R21 EXACTLY! To be a gay male is still considered the ultimate disgrace to society. Lesbians no big deal or hot.

by It could come in handyreply 2311/10/2012

Roué, lothario, blackguard, milquetoast, poltroon.

by It could come in handyreply 2411/10/2012

Some of these I've never heard, and are not used commonly, if at all. The most popular insults I hear for men are, interestingly, either gender-neutral (ex. "asshole") or gay or female-associated (ex. "cocksucker," "pussy," douchebag").

by It could come in handyreply 2511/10/2012

Do you ever even hear a woman referred to as "idiot" or "moron" nowadays?

tool geek nerd dick

by It could come in handyreply 2611/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.