Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mick Jagger's love letters are going up for auction

Hunt, with whom Jagger had his first child, Karis, told Britain's Guardian newspaper she was selling the letters, written in July and August 1969, because she had been unable to pay her bills.

The auction house values the letters from between $111,000-$160,000.

Surely Mick could offer a financial settlement to the woman who bore him his first child.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2012

Mick, offer a financial settlement? Please, he's the cheapest guy in rock 'n' roll.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

He has offered her quite a bit of money, but she thinks she can get more this way, and as an added advantage she gets to humiliate Mick.

He's also offered to buy the lot from the auction house, but they figured they could get more from auctioning them off.

No link to this, just gossip I've heard from 2 people close to the situation.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

He's a cheap skate

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

[quote]Mick, offer a financial settlement? Please, he's the cheapest guy in rock 'n' roll.

Actually, he has some competition from Paul McCartney.

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

They are all notorious tightwads - Sting doesn't throw his money around either.

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

There have been issues re this woman and Mick & money for forty years now.

Her book is worth reading if you're interested. Fascinating how she, an American, went to London en route to Paris but ran out of money so she stayed in (60s) London and became a star.

She heard they were auditioning for a new American musical Hair, called them up, they told her they'd filled all the parts but they only had a part for a black girl...

She only had two lines but because of her look (HUGE hair) she was the member of the cast all the magazines wanted to photograph. Apparently the rest of the cast were mighty pissed about it.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

This is the book

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

Good clip of Marsha from 1969

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012

Marsha Hunt was once stunning to look at but she was utterly talentless.

She and Jagger had a fling (he was still with Marianne Faithfull at the time), nothing more. In Philip Norman's biography of the Stones he says that Marsh told Jagger she wanted to have a baby and wanted him to be the father. She had a baby but he wasn't keen on shelling out money to support it. They eventually reached a settlement and he provided money for the child, but wasn't exactly an attentive father. Norman quoted Hunt as saying "We had a baby on purpose...now he's no longer involved with us. At first I thought I cared for him a lot, but I found out afterward I didn't really know him at all." She probably thought they'd have a child, get married and live happily ever after. She must have been pretty dumb if she thought the relationship was about anything besides sex.

Why should he give her a settlement now? She may have had a baby with him but I think it's safe to assume they haven't had anything to do with each other for decades. He's not obligated to give her anything.

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2012

Are his love letters to David Bowie or Brian Epstein included in the items for sale?

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

Does Mick have a relationship with their child?

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

He's actually generous when it comes to his children. He's paying support and educating them. As he's gotten older, he's also fairly active in their lives.

I can believe it, R2. He really likes his privacy. After 40 years, she needs to get over it and let him buy her out. She seems to have started out stupid and stayed that way.

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012

Never understood why so many women love him and think he's hot. Also, I'm not talking about the ones who just see him for $$$. There have been women and girls throughout his career who just thought he was the hottest guy alive and I'm like, hello? He's ugly as fuck, a dwarf and has a scrawny weak ass body.

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2012

[quote]Never understood why so many women love him and think he's hot

He's extremely famous, extremely rich and very charismatic...and the rest.

[quote]She may have had a baby with him but I think it's safe to assume they haven't had anything to do with each other for decades. He's not obligated to give her anything.

They've been friendly for years and he's taken on the father role in their daughter's life. She had to prize the support money for Karis out of him.

Marsha's always been stupid about money. She's had many opportunities handed to her on a plate. I'm surprised she's selling the letters. She always seemed to take the moral ground.

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2012

Marsha Hunt today.

by Anonymousreply 1511/10/2012

"They've been friendly for years and he's taken on the father role in their daughter's life. She had to prize the support money for Karis out of him.'

I wouldn't exactly call them close. And if she's broke, it's her own fault. Why should he give her any money? I guess he could if he so desired, but he doesn't have to, and that's his right.

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2012

I am quite curious to how a love letter from Mick Jagger might go.

Let's spend the night together... I asked you yesterday but you said no... Well, I guess you can't always get what you want...

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2012

Wow Karis looks so much like Mick. Same shape face/nose/eyes

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

R14 I was strictly talking about his looks, not fame or fortune. His personality is nothing amazing either. Jagger has always been physically less attractive than an average guy.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2012

'Jagger has always been physically less attractive than an average guy.'

I don't agree. Very cute when young.

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2012

I don't think Hunt is that hard up for money. Karis has a Yale education and works as some kind of financial analyst on Wall St. Surely she's quite capable of helping her mother on her own, without her father's help.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2012

Mick was thought of as "hot" because he was rich, famous, and powerful. Had he worked at a dry cleaners, I doubt he would have been considered that "hot".

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2012

R20 if you like goofy looking boys OK...he's less than average in my book.

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2012

R19, he used to be much more attractive and he's always worked out. He has a nutritionist and takes very good care of himself. He's well read and people say he's a delightful guest at dinner parties. Very entertaining and never talks about himself.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2012

Does anybody know if Mick was ashamed about having a half black daughter? He denied her for many years and you hardly see pictures of them together.

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2012

Do Mick, Paul, Sting, et al. think they'll get to spend their money in their next lives?

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2012

"Jagger has always been physically less attractive than an average guy."

Mick was incredibly charismatic when he was young, he was magnetic on stage or on the screen, and probably in person. And rumor had it that he was not only hung, he knew what to do with his gifts.

With all that, he didn't need conventional good looks.

by Anonymousreply 2711/11/2012

Mick didn't acknowledge Karis at first reasons unsure - whether embarrassed about her race, not happy with her mother (Marsha), just being rock star self-absorbed, etc. But he made up for it later, became very close to her in her teens. Think I read that Jerry Hall had a lot to do w/it - once she and Mick started having kids she insisted that he include Karis in their family - always liked Jerry.

I believe Mick is very close to Karis and her young family today - when he performed at the White House a few months ago she and her husband were prominently placed at his table w/L'Wren Scott - there are photos out there. I think he took them on some kind of fishing vacations afterwards (I believe Karis has two little boys).

Not sure how he gets along w/Marsha today, but I know he paid for the bulk of her medical bills when she battled breast cancer a few yrs ago. It can't be all that bad.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.