Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bill Maher 11/9

Can't believe the guests: the panel is Carville, S.E. Cupp and Andrew Sullivan. This should be a free-for-all. He doesn't have a panel guest, but he should have invited Nate Silver back.

Sullivan looked jacked-up the other night on Colbert. He practically propositioned Colbert on the air. Stephen was charming and funny in response.

by Anonymousreply 5311/12/2012

S.E. Cupp makes me want to set myself on fire. Surely there were other conservatives who were willing to come on and defend Mittens.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

Don't ask me. I'm despondent and in despair.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

[quote]Don't ask me. I'm despondent and in despair.

Don't care. Call when you're dead, Ann.

Soon.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

They always pull Real Time from Youtube. Can someone please post a video for the entire show tomorrow like someone did the week before last for those of us who don't have HBO or cable. Please!

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

Will Bill ask Carville about how vile and full of lies his wife has been on CNN the last two days?

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

[quote] S.E. Cupp makes me want to set myself on fire. Surely there were other conservatives who were willing to come on and defend Mittens.

I don't know why he even bothers inviting a conservative guest. They're always crazy and it ruins the show. I stopped watching Bill Maher when bush was president

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

God, I thought Carville only wore that shirt when New Orleans was underwater or celebrating or Mardi Gras.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

A lot of very passionate people tonight.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

I am so locked into MSNBC that I forget this is even on. Will watch the repeat at 2:30 AM. It sounds like a clusterfuck of self-serving bullshit but it might be fun.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

[quote]This should be a free-for-all.

At times it turned out that way, especially during Overtime with the bitch fight between S.E. Cupp & Andrew Sullivan when Cupp compared Obama (re Libya) to Bush (re Iraq).

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

Cupp is so out of league on these things. I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't such a stupid cunt. I love that people just roll their eyes at her. She's truly awful and I can't believe MSNBC has her as their Colmes.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

Here's a 9 minute clip from the show . . .

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

Carville said Romney would win

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

[quote]Carville said Romney would win

I'm sure it was easier to say that than to go without sex until after the election.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

r4 there are a number of streaming sites where you can watch online, like tvlinks or watchseries.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

I agree with S.E. Cupp in that gay rights is not in the same league as legalizing pot. Sullivan was being an asshole about it.

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2012

The show.

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2012

What a wild show - I was amazed to see Sullivan and Cupp go at it. Sullivan was really pissed off at Cupp. She was right, but it was such an insult to Sullivan. There was Carville in the middle grinning away, but I thought he was a bit scared that Sullivan was going to hit Cupp. Maher was DELIGHTED to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

Cupp is the worst. And so stupid too. She should be embarrassed for her ignorance. "Before you ask the question, you should know the answer." "I don't know the answer, that's why I'm asking the question." When interest in her starts to wane, expect her to become a liberal and want attention for it.

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2012

Dear Ms. Clapp,

You have a long, narrow face with a very high forehead. You need bangs. Really.

Sincerely,

by Anonymousreply 2011/10/2012

Though I completely disagree with her politics, I found Cupp way less annoying than Sullivan. He needs to calm the hell down and stop being such a hysterical drama queen, with his flailing hands and screaming. When she made the remark about gay marriage being on a different level than pot (which I agree with) he got all up in her face with Don't YOU Tell Me About Gay Issues! You can disagree without getting so hyper and childish.

Plus he keeps saying how he's catholic, and he is/was a republican (and voted for Bush) so he has zero cred IMO. Why does he get these gigs?

I was really embarrassed for him.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2012

I thought Sully was Repub too but at one point he angrily said something to Cupp about "your party."

Does he consider himself independent now?

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2012

Just watched the overtime segment. More manufactured outrage. I think Sullivan is hoping his histrionics will get him a show of his own (or more of these gigs).

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2012

I agree that Sullivan's histrionics make him difficult to watch and take seriously. It comes across as self-promotion more than anything. I guess he always has to be the loudest guy in the room to get attention.

Sorry to say, but he looks sick. The oversized shirt only emphasizes how gaunt he appears.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2012

Can't stand Cupp's politics, but she's super hot. Yum.

I can't watch anything with Andrew Sullivan, it's too uncomfortable. He seems unwell mentally (angry and unstable).

by Anonymousreply 2511/10/2012

Who the hell was the bald guy in the panel who sounded like a hick? It was almost like the show dragged some 'get off my lawn' guy, got him high on dope and then let him loose on the show to be a total liberal Southern gramps? His comments should have come with subtitles. Not to mention that very colorful shirt.

Clap was a bitch, but she was right that you cannot equate gay rights issues with pot issues. You can equate black rights issues with gay rights issues and you can equate prohibition with drug issues, but what Sullivan did was a 'comparing apples with oranges' situation.

Maher also brought up a good point about Romney's Mormonism. The voters should be fully informed about Romney's moral compass that has been greatly influenced by Mormon religion. But of course that was 'off the table' because then the general voters would have found out that for Mormons it's perfectly fine to lie to non-Mormons to get what you want. But thankfully the general voters already considered Romney a flip flopping liar.

by Anonymousreply 2611/10/2012

James Carville r26. I guess you're too young to remember the Clinton years, when Carville looked less reptilian and didn't dress like he was in the Brady Bunch.

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2012

Cupp thinks since she bought nice shades with no prescription lens that she is "super smart".

Ummm...no.

But, she is LEAGUES above Ann Coulter (who is one stupid cunt)

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2012

[quote]James Carville [R26]. I guess you're too young to remember the Clinton years, when Carville looked less reptilian and didn't dress like he was in the Brady Bunch.

And therefore too young to remember that he had one of the classic lines of all time (would have won a DL W & W), "Paula Jones is what you get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park."

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2012

[quote]Cupp thinks since she bought nice shades with no prescription lens that she is "super smart".

I had to roll my eyes at her ironic 1982 yuppie-businesslady power blouse.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2012

It was, by far, the best show of the season.

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2012

r26 if you're like 18 years old, that's fine, I guess, but take care not to reveal how ignorant and intellectually incurious you are. It just wastes bandwidth.

by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2012

[quote]And therefore too young to remember that he had one of the classic lines of all time (would have won a DL W & W), "Paula Jones is what you get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park."

I loved his quote about this election being "the sound of pine on skull." Bless his creepy heart.

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2012

I didn't think it was the best. I thought it was one of the most annoying of the season. Screaming instead of discussion doesn't make for a good show.

Far better show was the one with Rachel Maddow and that libertarian idiot guy.

by Anonymousreply 3411/10/2012

In total, a pretty unappealing panel. Bless Sam Jackson though. And it looked to me like Sullivan cut in to Sam's time--calm down, Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 3511/10/2012

R34,I have to agree, everyone was talking over everyone else. What the hell was there to be so hyper about...Obama won. Calm down and enjoy it. Future Note: Bill Maher needs to keep things in control sometimes.

And, yes, I can't stand that arrogant, leather jacket-wearing guy on Maher's show sometimes. What the hell is his name?

by Anonymousreply 3611/10/2012

PJ O'Rourke, I think, R36. Hate him too.

Hated Sullivan also. Lying ass and he was wrong about pot and marriage equality being the same issue. Saw him in West Hollywood a couple of weeks ago and he looked worse in person.

by Anonymousreply 3711/10/2012

Nick Gillespie is the leatherette libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 3811/10/2012

Our 'sullivan hate trolls' have arrived. Greetings David Ehrenstein!

by Anonymousreply 3911/10/2012

I saw the episode with SE Cupp and Cory Booker a couple of years back. Couldn't stand Cupp's obvious flirting with Maher and the whole "LOOK AT ME, I'M COOL!" vibe she was giving off. It was embarassing to watch because she was so desperate in her attempts to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4011/10/2012

Apparently Miss Cupp is engaged to the man who the chief of staff for Raul Labrador, Republican congressman for Idaho, who also happens to be a member of the Mormon Cult.

by Anonymousreply 4111/10/2012

Thank you SO much R17. I really appreciate that. Besides not being able to afford cable I'm a computer dummy and have no idea how someone can put a show from their TV online but I'm sure it requires time and a lot of effort so again, thank you very, very much!

Thank you too for the clip R9 and also you R15. I tried those sites. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the first site is a pay site and on the second one all I could find was a Real Time from 2003. Still they are interesting sites and I bookmarked them for the future.

by Anonymousreply 4211/10/2012

[quote]Will Bill ask Carville about how vile and full of lies his wife has been on CNN the last two days?

She was on CNN last night with David Frum and he couldn't even get her to stop being so blind to how bad their party has become and how completely out of touch they are. Frum was saying that they need to make big changes and that they should stop listening to Rush Limbaugh/Ann Coulter,etc., but Matalin just dug in her heels and kept blaming the Democrats and their lazy base of "takers" for screwing things up for the GOP. She's one of the meanest, nastiest GOP surrogates out there, on the same level as the vile Sununu.

by Anonymousreply 4311/10/2012

Um, Bay Buchanan is just as bad. I hate her as much and she's always on those Sunday shows.

by Anonymousreply 4411/10/2012

Yeah, her too R44.

by Anonymousreply 4511/10/2012

Mizz Cupp -- is she anti-marijuana, and pro-marriage at the same time? She can get nasty when cornered on The Cycle.

by Anonymousreply 4611/10/2012

I actually didn't really think Sam Jackson was very impressive and I'm a big fan of his. But that shrill woman was a royal cunt indeed.

by Anonymousreply 4711/11/2012

See "the War Room", R26 for a little background on Carville. He gas more political savvy in his little finger than all the others on the show put together. He knows D.C. and all the big players and the game - Sullivan and Cupp are little whiny children fighting over crayons. Even Maher needs to shut up sometimes and let someone like Carville speak. As for thinking Romney would win - so did I! Don't you remember Florida when the election was stolen from Gore? I thought Romney's crew would easily cheat and steal their way into the White House.

by Anonymousreply 4811/11/2012

I've always loved Carville for his classic line: "I was against gay marriage until I realized I didn't have to get one."

Still, probably more relevant for last night's fisticuffs is: "When you become famous, being famous becomes your profession."

by Anonymousreply 4911/11/2012

I still love James Carville, I just feel sorry for him about that harridan he married.

I also like Sully. I don't always agree with him but I like him. I think he was so outraged at that Cupp harpy's rudeness and presumption that he was unable to then concede that she was correct in her assessment of gay marriage being much more serious an issue than pot.

Cupp's MSNBC show is, arguably, the worst on the network. She is, unarguably, the most annoying fucking person on it. I say this as someone who loathes the always irritating Crystal Ball, a woman who would be shot at sunrise in a just world.

by Anonymousreply 5011/11/2012

Who's more annoying? That Cupp girl or Kennedy?

by Anonymousreply 5111/12/2012

[quote]Cupp thinks since she bought nice shades with no prescription lens that she is "super smart". Ummm...no. But, she is LEAGUES above Ann Coulter (who is one stupid cunt)

Two Cunts, One Cupp

by Anonymousreply 5211/12/2012

How do women like Cupp even get hired, is just being a strident clone of Coulter, and the inane Kennedy, enough to get her employment?

Is it set in stone that younger ReThug women need a 'voice'? If they need such a voice, wouldn't it best best to hire a young woman who actually has the facts, instead of screeching over everyone but not saying much. She has a voice that can peel paint!

Whoever said she's attractive, needs eyeglasses.

Interesting how she manages to hid that she's Italian-American. A few years ago, in one her lame 'guest' editorials for the New York Daily News, she mentioned something about her "Italian immigrant grandparents". I think it was in the context of people pulling themselves up by their boots straps. Ho-hum.

I'm assuming by using the name 'Cupp', she wants her 'fans ' to think she's a Wasp?

by Anonymousreply 5311/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.