Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Darrell Hammond interview on Ed Show

Anyone just watch the Darrell Hammond interview on The Ed Show on MSNBC? Very odd and awkward. Hammond seemed pissed off and didn't want to answer any of Ed's questions. He seemed very off and not quite there. One of the strangest, most uncomfortable interviews I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 2111/14/2012

He's a very strange person.

He was involved in a minor auto accident and now he is not only suing the other car's driver, but he is suing the driver of the car in which he was a passenger. He was in his friend's car. Nice guy - sues his friend who was nice enough to drive him around

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

Is he on drugs again? I read his book and I didn't think he'd be sober longer than another few years.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

Saw that too. Awkward to say the least. Ed was trying desperately to save it, but he couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 311/10/2012

Ummm ... Who exactly IS Darrell Hammond?

by Anonymousreply 411/10/2012

What exactly is google?

by Anonymousreply 511/10/2012

i dont care what anybody says, darrell hammond was on some heavy stuff on the ed show last night. it was so weird that i rewinded and watched it again...twice. he was not sober.

by Anonymousreply 611/10/2012

He said he was severely, and I do mean, SEVERELY abused growing up, by his mother. It's no wonder he's on something and fairly nuts.

by Anonymousreply 711/10/2012

He's always weird in interviews. He appeared on Joy Behar's old show a bunch of times, seemingly stoned and distracted.

Ed looked pretty pissed off at the end there.

by Anonymousreply 811/10/2012

'Splain, R7.

by Anonymousreply 911/10/2012

It's pretty heinous.

by Anonymousreply 1011/10/2012

My gosh, how could one human being to those wretched things to another, much less a child. I hope it isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 1111/10/2012

Yeah, DH acted like the Ed Show producers forced him at gunpoint to be on the show. It was weird. And Ed was genuinely nice and laudatory to him, but DH refused to be anything other than sullen and pissy in return.

by Anonymousreply 1211/10/2012

I think Hammond was mad because he wanted to talk about his book, but Ed wanted to ask him about the presidential race and his political impersonations. But what did Hammond expect? The Ed Show is all about politics, and it was 3 days after the election. And even when Ed tried to play along and ask him about the book, Hammond still didn't want to say anything.

by Anonymousreply 1311/10/2012

MSNBC has pulled the video. "No longer available" But all other vids from last night still up.

by Anonymousreply 1411/10/2012

The abuse he recounted in the book seemed unreal to me. Like she tried to cut his tongue out with scissors? Some crazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 1511/10/2012

It's a shame he didn't have her arrested while she was still alive. It at least beat the shit out of her when he got big enough, like James Garner did with his mom.

by Anonymousreply 1611/10/2012

I didn't watch it, but he was already difficult when he did Hardball before the first debate, and when I saw he'd be a guest on Ed, I knew a thread like this would show up.

After the Hardball appearance, why would they invite him back on MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2012

I thought Ed was a dick. He didn't bother to learn anything about the book he was supposedly interviewing Darrell about. The interview started well, but went down hill as soon as Ed said, "You've written a very funny book ...," which was shockingly obtuse even for Ed. Then Ed insisted on asking again and again when he was gonna do some more funny voices and stuff. If Darrell Hammond was experiencing paranoia, then Ed (and this thread) did nothing to dispel it.

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

R6, the word is "rewound".

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

It was clear Ed hadn't read the book, calling it "funny?" and the questions he was asking were inane. Why do people blame the guest when the interviewer was bad? Guests are told what the interview will be about before they come on and they had promised that it would be about the book. he was completely blindsided by the irrelevance of the questions.

by Anonymousreply 2111/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!