Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tony Perkins Says Legal Gay Marriage Will 'Break This Nation Apart'

In a video posted by progressive website Right Wing Watch, infamous homophobe and president of certified hate-group the Family Research Council Tony Perkins said that if the Supreme Court legalizes marriage equality in the coming years, it will lead to a "revolt" that will "tear this nation apart."

After comparing homosexuality to abortion, saying both "run counter to natural law," Perkins turned his attention to Tuesday's elections results, which saw, for the first time in U.S. history, voters affirm marriage equality at the ballot box in Maine, Maryland, and Washington State. On the antigay American Family Association's radio channel Thursday, Perkins told co-host and FRC fellow Peter Sprigg that a pro-equality ruling from the Supreme Court regarding Proposition 8 or any of the cases challenging the so-called Defense of Marriage Act would be disastrous for the country.

"I think if the court steps in at this moment and says, [fist-smack] 'We're redefining marriage, same-sex marriage will be the law in every land,'" said Perkins, "I'm telling you what, I think you will create a firestorm of opposition. I think that could be the straw that broke the camel's back.When you look at a nation that is so divided along these moral and cultural issues, that you could have — you know I hate to use the word — but, I mean, a revolt. A revolution. I mean, I think you could see Americans saying, 'You know what? Enough of this.' And I think it could explode and just break this nation apart."

Watch the video below, noting the trigger warning for some serious wingnut antigay hate-speech.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

Tony Perkins is a bigoted homophobe. And he's rather dramatic wouldn't you say?

The U.S. will be fine. Perkins is just throwing a Hail Mary pass to frighten people as one of his last-ditch efforts to stop the march of time and change that is coming like it or not.

Also, have the other countries that have legalized same-sex marriage 'broken apart?' Canada seems to be doing fine. Even heavily Catholic Spain is still intact.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

I wish tools like this would just fuck off talking about natural law which they clearly have no concept of. They should look at if something causes harm to others. I assume that he doesn't support medicine as it's not part of nature?

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

You'd think that a drama queen like Tony Perkins would love the idea of gay marriage!

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

No, I will break Tony Perkins apart.

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

I thought he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

It boggles my mind that there are some people who actually take nonsensical crap like this seriously.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

Cram it, Norman Bates.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

It might help, Tony, if you didn't give air time to marriage losers like Donald Tramp, Rush Windbag, Newt Gimcrack.

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

Fuck you with a pickled fetus head, Miss Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

Just like in the 1960s with the racists, these people (yes, these people) will be left behind without a trace. Apparently sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!