Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

National Enquirer: Queen Latifah to come out on her own talk show

BREAKING her long-held silence, QUEEN LATIFAH will burst spectacularly out of the closet and declare what most fans have long believed – she’s a lesbian!

Normally mum on her private life, the multitalented performer is expected to finally discuss her sex­uality openly on her upcoming talk show, sources tell The ENQUIRER.

“The Queen Latifah Show,” which debuts in fall 2013, will feature celebrity interviews, human interest stories, comedy, pop culture and musical performances.

“It will also feature Latifah talk­ing about her life, something she’s never done before,” a show insider told The ENQUIRER.

“She’s going to open up, and her official announcement (coming out) will no doubt have fans glued to their TV screens.”

AS THE ENQUIRER re­ported, Latifah, 42, dated her personal trainer Jeanette Jenkins for many years. But the love affair fizzled when the entertainer couldn’t get her weight under control, and she was photo­graphed in March on a Barbados beach with her new girlfriend, choreogra­pher Eboni Nichols.

The buzz about her sexuality intensi­fied last May when the singer-actress turned up at a Long Beach, Calif., les­bian, gay, bisexual, and transgender festival. But Lati­fah later insisted the appearance was not her way of publicly coming out.

“I’ve never dealt with the question of my personal life in public,” she told an interviewer.

But that is sure to change big-time on her sizzling new talk show, which is being co-produced by Latifah’s good friends, Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith.

“It will be impossible for her to do a daily talk show and not address the issue of her sexuality,” said the source. “She just wants to do it in her own way, on her own show!”

--

Do we believe it?

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2012

In other news...pigs seen flying.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

This is kind of like Mars coming out as a planet, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

IS EVERYONE GAY?!?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

Great greasy gonads of a non-existent deity. If you ever watched the movie Set it Off, she plays a lesbian a LITTLE too convincingly in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

R4 -- "I freely admit I'm sometimes racist in my comments on DL..."

Excuse me? What exactly is your damage?

Also, what kind of redneck, backward, inbred, trailer trash, fucking idiot parents do you have? If you believe it is socially acceptable to "freely admit" such a foul thing to others then your parents failed to raise a decent human being.

Your racism is shameful, R4, not something to be touted openly. It's what you hide about yourself because it's so disgusting to any rational, sensible person.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

It's an awfully lons and direct story to be totally false. The enquirer usually just allude to affaires or "friends in the know" when the information is going to be denied by the subject.

This sounds legit.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

Is she doing this for the benefit of the eight people who don't know?

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

I'd be interested in seeing figures on how perceptions of gays and attitudes toward gay marriage have changed since Obama came out in favor of it. I think his support opens the door for people like Dana Owens to come out. Maybe not Robin Roberts...

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

[quote]Is she doing this for the benefit of the eight people who don't know?

After she spelled out W-A-T-E-R, Helen Keller's next words to Annie Sullivan were YOU KNOW LATIFAH'S A LEZ, RIGHT?.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

I mean within the African American community.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

Wait a minute. Why is she attempting ANOTHER talk show? The one she had a few years ago got cancelled due to low ratings. (And the platform with her new show appears to be the same as the old one.)

When will people realize you simply can't duplicate another Oprah? I like Queen Latifah (she's brilliant rapper and singer; a decent actress, depending on the role), but she's a boring personality.

Had she not seen the Mad TV parody of her first talk show? That should've been enough to steer her completely away from attempting another one!

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

[quote]And the platform with her new show appears to be the same as the old one.

Noting the success of another lesbian talk show host, Latifah plans to open her show by dancing through the audience. She managed to recruit Ellen's dance instructor for private lessons.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

This will be riveting.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

Who cares? She has denied being gay in the past. She could have been really courageous and owned who she is. Instead she chose not only to stay quiet about gay issues but lied about her sexuality. This is one case where I hope her rabidly homophobic fans leave in droves. She won't stand a chance against Wendy Williams in daytime. Say what you want about Wendy but she's not a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

How unkind this thread is. Her stage name, Latifah (لطيفة laţīfa), means "delicate" and "very kind" in Arabic

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012

The SAME EXACT thing was said when Anderson Cooper's talk show was about to start.

That didn't happen then and won't happen now.

AC only came out after the show started to fail in the ratings, and even then he never publicly made the announcement on-air; it slipped out a back door via an email.

Didn't help - his show got cancelled anyway.

I predict the same results for Dana Owens's new show...

by Anonymousreply 1711/10/2012

Somebody wants to be Ellen....

by Anonymousreply 1811/10/2012

Queen Latifah is not straight? Stop the presses!

by Anonymousreply 1911/10/2012

r20, all races/ethnicity are annoying. Consider living in a more diverse area so you could discover that for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2111/10/2012

Please don't feed this particular troll.

by Anonymousreply 2211/10/2012

Come out if you want to, but all this "coming out for ratings shit" (hello Anderson Cooper) or now Ellen bringing it up a lot is just annoying. Don't do it for publicity or to make your show popular-do it to make yourself feel better and more free.

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2012

"I think it's so silly that every personality has to declare what they do in bed."

It's not about what she does between the sheets (I myself don't care to picture it, but I'm not a lesbian). When you're A Movie Star, you're often seen as selling sex- and people want to know what you're selling. If you put yourself out there every day and say "look at me"- how can you expect people to not want to know about you?

If you can't be honest about your personal life, don't be a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2012

Oh my...even if these people came out when they were five we would still say they came out for the sake of their shows!

I love Queen Latifah / Dana, but as r12 pointed out, this is about to be more of the same. Very few people have the right personality to carry a show by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2511/10/2012

R20 please go back to whatever cave you and your small-brained brood accidentally crawled out of...this is 2012. kthxbye.

by Anonymousreply 2611/10/2012

R4 sounds like an awful person:

[quote]This business of "coming out" is very demeaning

[quote]I freely admit I'm sometimes racist in my comments on DL

[quote]most often I find black people a real pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2012

sounds like R27?

at best R4 is a troll. at worst it really thinks this way, racist and pro-closet.

Latifah has put herself in the position of having to come out for the reasons others have said. she's put herself in the closet. now she can't just be herself so she has to come out to do it.

better late than never.

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2012

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2012

Anderson didn't come out on his show.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2012

Not happening.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2012

Queen Latifah already had a show that bombed.

by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2012

Everyone loves and relates to LaTeef. It's true. Even Howard Stern's mother is enamored.

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.