Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Biden's son joins Navy Reserve

Biden's son joins Navy Reserve

Associated Press - 4 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden will have another military son to worry about as he helps chart America's course around the world.

Youngest son Hunter is joining the Navy.

The attorney and former lobbyist applied for a commission into the Navy Reserve as a public affairs officer and was selected, the Navy said Friday. Because Hunter Biden is 42, he needed a special waiver to be accepted, but that is not uncommon. He is one of seven candidates recommended for a direct commission for public affairs.

The direct commission process allows individuals to apply and become a reservist if they have particular skills or professional expertise. A board of senior Navy officers interviewed the candidates and made the recommendations.

Biden's oldest son Beau is Delaware's attorney general and an Army National Guard member who served a yearlong deployment in Iraq.

According to the Navy, Hunter Biden must serve three years of selected reserve status, during which he is available for active duty and must be prepared to deploy anywhere in the world. He then will be in the so-called Ready Reserve for eight years, which means he can be called back to duty under certain circumstances.

He will spend the next few months completing medical screenings and the security clearance process and would then be commissioned as an ensign. He will participate in a two-week training course in Rhode Island during the next year, and then do a military public affairs training course sometime in the next two years.

Joe Biden also has a daughter, Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 2510/21/2014

He's a HOTTIE

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

Disgusting comments at the link. How can people find fault in someone willing to serve?

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

Meanwhile, the Romney sons are wiping their asses with $100 bills.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

Hunter and Beau

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

I hope Beau Biden is aiming for a job in DC.

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2012

Meanwhile, none of Romney's sons have ever bothered to serve.

by Anonymousreply 611/12/2012

This is great news, but I can tell you how someone would find fault with Hunter's move (from the perspective of one who serves in the military): He's joining up just in time to *not* have to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, and he's taking up a waiver that people whose dads aren't the VP of the United States were competing for. He's had every opportunity in life handed to him and it kind of sucks that he would take up such a highly selective position in an attempt to merely pad his resume (although it should be noted that he hasn't led an easy life, with his mother and sister dying when he was young...he and Beau were also severely injured in the same accident).

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2012

If Joe calls his wife Jilly, and his older son Beauy, is the younger son known as Hunty? 'Cause that shit would be funny.

by Anonymousreply 811/12/2012

[quote]he's taking up a waiver that people whose dads aren't the VP of the United States were competing for. He's had every opportunity in life handed to him and it kind of sucks that he would take up such a highly selective position

From the perspective of one who served in the military, r7, there's not a lot of people competing for Navy Public Affairs jobs. That's why the Navy mounts specific recruiting efforts to get people into the PA community.

The news about Biden going into this job can be a positive move that will attract more people to this work instead of your claim that he took a job from someone else. I know about three dozen people who were brought into the Navy Public Affairs community at advanced paygrades, just as we see in this instance. None of them beat out anyone competing for their jobs. There was no competition.

I'm well-acquainted with this because it's how I was recruited.

by Anonymousreply 1011/12/2012

R9, no Tagg, but thanks for asking. We aren't into the incest thing in our family the way you are in yours.

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2012

Interesting how this is announced just after Obama's re-election. I think this shows Biden wants POTUS in 2016. He can debate Jeb Bush with, "How many of your kids went to Iraq?".

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2012

[quote]Interesting how this is announced just after Obama's re-election. I think this shows Biden wants POTUS in 2016. He can debate Jeb Bush with, "How many of your kids went to Iraq?".

And you'd have had something snide to say if he had done it before, so no win with you.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2012

Biden's too old and he knows it. There is no reason for Hunter to do this for his father or his brother. Now, himself? Maybe.

I knew the family growing up. There is nothing about those kids you can pick apart and not be a complete asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2012

God bless the bidens

by Anonymousreply 1511/12/2012

Beau and Hunter? What drugs were the Bidens on?

by Anonymousreply 1611/12/2012

R16: Maybe the mom was into soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 1711/12/2012

Why the fuck would he do that?

by Anonymousreply 1811/12/2012

He might be moved by patriotism alone. He might be considering a political career of his own.

by Anonymousreply 1911/12/2012

What difference does it it make what his motivations are? He's not like Sarah Palin's kid who enlisted because it was that or go to jail. Hunter could have taken advantage of his status and taken some high paying corporate job, become a lobbyist or do nothing but fuck pussy and party. He chose to serve, which is far more than what many of the critics have done.

by Anonymousreply 2011/12/2012

R20, he was a lobbyist.

He's 42 yrs old, R20.

When one is 42, one doesn't 'fuck pussy and party' as a profession or to make living.

You sound stupid enough, R20, to think that Hunter Biden is wealthy.

Joe Biden is not wealthy and his two sons are certainly not wealthy.

If if Joe Biden were wealthy (which he is not) it doesn't automatically follow that his sons would be wealthy too. A son often has to collect an inheritance from a parent to have any kind of wealth.

by Anonymousreply 2111/12/2012

This didn't work out too well did it? Oh and he took a high paying corporate job too. Hint: it wasn't at a green company.

by Anonymousreply 2210/21/2014

I wonder if his trail is more treasurelicious than Jack McCain's.

by Anonymousreply 2310/21/2014

Stupid jackass druggie!

by Anonymousreply 2410/21/2014

fug.

by Anonymousreply 2510/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.