Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I sincerely hope an insider from the Romney campaign writes a tell-all...

I would love to read about what was going on daily in that campaign. Not everyone could've been in such denial, or living in a bubble. There had to have been at least one person who was looking at the numbers, the gaffes, and the flip-flops and thinking: This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2012

Well, by canceling the credit cards of the staff, there should be lots of hard feelings and loose tongues to interview in the coming days.

The whole untested smartphone GOTV fiasco is already a great read.

Get out the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 111/09/2012

In the last few elections a couple of Time Magazine reporters literally live with the campaigns they cover (both sides). They get access to everything going on both in front of and behind the scenes. They have to agree not to write a word until after the election. So yes, you can look forward to this.

The behind-the-scenes article from 2008 McCain/Palin was fascinating. You can probably find it online.

by Anonymousreply 211/09/2012

Nicole Wallace wrote a book that exposed behind-the-scenes stories of the McCain/Palin campaign. Of course, since she's a spineless weasel, she changed the names and called it fiction. Mustn't upset the Republican establishment, you see.

by Anonymousreply 311/09/2012

Don't forget Steve Schmidt.

I want to see a tell-all exposing Rove

by Anonymousreply 411/09/2012

Has a post-election Hitler parody been done yet?

by Anonymousreply 511/09/2012

Rafalca plans to write her memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 611/09/2012

I want Steve Schmidt in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 711/09/2012

OUCH!

by Anonymousreply 811/09/2012

Game Changer was a great book - we need a 2012 edition.

by Anonymousreply 911/09/2012

The next Rove will write something in a bid to dethrone the current Rove.

by Anonymousreply 1011/09/2012

OP...someone will kiss and tell. Romney and the top campaign officials duped all these staffers--and almost the country.

Besides, these Romney fuckers love money too much not to kiss and tell.

by Anonymousreply 1111/09/2012

They are writing Game Change II. That title won't work, though

by Anonymousreply 1211/09/2012

Only AN insider, OP? They are all writing their books right now. It's a race to the agents/publishers.

by Anonymousreply 1311/09/2012

Who will be playing Rafalca in the inevitable HBO movie? I hear Sarah Jessica Parker has expressed interest.

by Anonymousreply 1411/09/2012

I was going to say what R2 said. I couldn't remember what news source had done it, but I read its piece on the 2008 election and loved it.

by Anonymousreply 1511/09/2012

R14. Coming around the stretch, Kristen Stewart has now taken the lead.

by Anonymousreply 1611/09/2012

The problem is, OP, that Romney will fall into obscurity in the next few months. No one will bother with a Romney biography.

His best chance at long-term notoriety will be if there's a "Trivial Pursuit: Late 2012 Edition."

by Anonymousreply 1711/09/2012

R17 Might be onto something. I certainly want the book and movie to come out about these Romney/Ryan assholes.

However, perhaps one of the main reasons that "Game Change" was such a hit is because friggin famewhore Sarah Palin never left the stage, so the authors knew the public still had an appetite for that know-nothing Alaskan bitch.

On the other hand, the Romneys will do whatever they can (destroy hardrives, buy people's silence) to squash any impending book or movie. Not only are they shellshocked, they are thoroughly humiliated.

by Anonymousreply 1811/09/2012

I hate Sarah Palin with all the fires of Hell. And then some. That damn movie "Game Change" actually made me feel sorry for her. She was wildly out of her league not having more than a two digit IQ. What the hell were any of those people thinking when they decided she should be the VP nominee? She could not have been less qualified which "Game Change" showed so well.

I do not want to see any Romney/Ryan movie if it will make me feel sympathetic for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 1911/09/2012

The thing is that Romney is a billionaire. He can retire to obscurity. If the repubs achieve their goals, he can live tax-free for the rest of his life. If they don't, he'll have to scrape by on just a couple billion a year. I think he'll be happy to retire and not have to let us peasants have anything to say about what he gets to be. (And, within his cult, he's achieved a singular position, at least for the next few years where being the repub nominee has some kind of historical significance.)

by Anonymousreply 2011/09/2012

Axelrod is probably just as savvy as Rove or Carville--probably more so, since it seemed impossible for Obama to win with his low approval/job numbers.

Romney's loss isn't founded entirely on a series of gaffes by the GOP side; there were a lot of astute decisions by the Dems. as well.

by Anonymousreply 2111/09/2012

I don't know, I think people are just so thrilled that this smug dick fell and fell hard, they want to know what happened behind the scenes b/c the shit that happened before our eyes was trainwreck good. We want to poke around the caboose and see what kind gore is in there.

by Anonymousreply 2211/09/2012

[quote] The thing is that Romney is a billionaire. He can retire to obscurity.

Not really. The entire knows he's a loser. An idiotic, self deluded, loser. The rest of the world wanted Obama to win too

by Anonymousreply 2311/09/2012

RIVERSIDE, California --- Fresh off the Mitt Romney campaign trail, National Public Radio White House Correspondent Ari Shapiro is scheduled to talk about his experiences covering the Republican presidential nominee at UC Riverside on Nov. 12.

It will be Shapiro’s first post-election speaking appearance. “After telling the story of this marathon election nearly every day for the last year, I’m excited to take a step back and offer the 10,000 foot view of what exactly happened in this cliffhanger of a presidential race,” Shapiro is quoted as saying.

by Anonymousreply 2411/09/2012

If the rest of the world didn't know he was a loser, he made sure they would discover that fact when he went to London for the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 2511/09/2012

Consuela, sharpen the pencils!

by Anonymousreply 2611/09/2012

I'm with r22. I want to know how Ryan reallly felt about Romney. I want to read all the juicy details of why and when Ann and Tagg decided to take over the campaign. I want to know how mean and petty and out of touch Romney REALLY is. And I want to know what was said about Obama (and his base of fags, spics, niggers and uppity women) when Trump, Guiliani and Sununu got together behind closed doors. I want dish and dirt, damn it!

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2012

Romney is a business guy.

You can be sure that a lot of folks had pretty iron-clad non-disclosure agreements.

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2012

What we do know is that he picked the Badgerbrat for veep, after his entire staff said, "Do NOT do that!"

J o P

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2012

I'm with R27,that would be a GREAT read.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2012

[quote]It will be Shapiro’s first post-election speaking appearance. “After telling the story of this marathon election nearly every day for the last year, I’m excited to take a step back and offer the 10,000 foot view of what exactly happened in this cliffhanger of a presidential race,” Shapiro is quoted as saying.

In other words, he's excited to suck on his own dick?

by Anonymousreply 3111/10/2012

[quote]Not really. The entire knows he's a loser. An idiotic, self deluded, loser.

R23. The thing is, Romney will be living in La Jolla, a very wealthy neighborhood of San Diego (it's not a suburb; it's part of the city), and La Jolla is full of idiotic, self-deluded losers, albeit very wealthy ones.

by Anonymousreply 3211/10/2012

There will be multiple books and articles. Some insiders won't do it out of loyalty and/or fear, other insiders will simply be sources, and still others will be the ones to make a mint off of telling the Mittens 2012 story. I'd read it.

A lot of the Repug establishment think he's a fuck up to begin with. Plenty of bitter Repugs who are going to want to take a hacksaw to his campaign and to him.

by Anonymousreply 3311/10/2012

Will Ann be taking a tumble off the San Diego balcony whilst her hands and feet are bound and there's a noose around her neck?

by Anonymousreply 3411/10/2012

Yes, R34.

by Anonymousreply 3511/10/2012

"Mitt Storm: The Sound and the Fury"

by Anonymousreply 3611/10/2012

[quote]Heilemann said the second coming of "Game Change" will not arrive until next year but still offered a birds-eye view of the grassroots machine that powered Obama's re-election Tuesday night.

Looks a new book by John Heilemann is in the works. I bet he'll get some good dirt. Yay! I cannot wait.

Linky:

by Anonymousreply 3711/11/2012

Sorry, I meant "Looks like"

by Anonymousreply 3811/11/2012

All his staffers probably had to sign ironclad confidentiality contracts

by Anonymousreply 3911/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.